[SUPPORT] - Sheeps Epoch Repack

Hello.
I am having base parts disappear. This happened on another server as well running sheeps pack.
Just restarted the server and the front part of the base vanished.

As far as I can tell they are not taking damage, what are some things I can check to troubleshoot this and has anyone else had this issue?

I was so happy because I thought I had the majority of things running OK.

Thank you.

Oh I should add that this is a private server I have running to screw around on, so no one could have messed with it. Also maintain plot always says 1, 10 oz gold no matter what, no matter how many times you feed it gold it always says the same. Further you have to have exactly 1, 10 oz gold in your inventory, a briefcase of 30, or 2, 5 oz gold or whatever doesn't work.

Not sure if that helps any.

Last edited:
Hello.
I am having base parts disappear. This happened on another server as well running sheeps pack.

As far as I can tell they are not taking damage, what are some things I can check to troubleshoot this and has anyone else had this issue?

Thank you.

Oh I should add that this is a private server I have running to screw around on, so no one could have messed with it. Also maintain plot always says 1, 10 oz gold no matter what, no matter how many times you feed it gold it always says the same. Further you have to have exactly 1, 10 oz gold in your inventory, a briefcase of 30, or 2, 5 oz gold or whatever doesn't work.

Look in your Hive file for base cleanup

Hello.

Thank you.

go to HiveEXT.ini .. have this line just like this one to turn off decay and ur stuff will no longer go **POOOF!**

CleanupPlacedAfterDays = -1

You can change this to a positive value to make bases decay after how ever many days u want or neg number as above so decay is off..
But Having no decay.. can be bad.. people build crap all over then dont come back.. too much of this causes server lag

Thank you for your fast responses. I had looked in hiveEXT.ini and I do see something about base clean up, but it is commented out, is that good?
Should I uncomment it and go -1?

Other than that my hiveEXT is pretty empty.

I die a lot between construction accidents and AI, could this be a factor?

Ideally I would like to preserve base parts indefinitely, as long as the player(s) are active. The database does not show any base parts as having any damage.

I have posted my file syntax below, thank you again!
;This is a comment
;Comments above a certain setting will provide it's description

;The format for a setting is
;Variable = Value

;If you see a commented line of that form, it means that the setting is optional, and the Value shows the default
;To change from the default, simply uncomment the line and change the Value

;This configuration file should be placed inside your server instance's configuration directory (like cfgdayz)

[Time]
;Possible values: Local, Custom, Static
;You cannot use Static on OFFICIAL Hive, it will just revert to Local
Type = Static
;If using Custom type, offset from UTC in hours (can be negative as well)
;Offset = -8
;If using Static type (Hour value always the same on every server start), the value (0-24) to set the Hour to
Hour = 17

[Database]
;Hostname or IP of the server to connect to
;If you leave this line commented or blank, HiveExt will connect to the OFFICIAL Hive, which requires registration
;See support.dayzmod.com for more information on what OFFICIAL Hive means, what are the rules, etc.
;If using OFFICIAL hive, the rest of the settings in this section have no effect
Host = localhost

;Currently, only MySQL is supported
Type = MySQL

;Port to connect to. The default is the default listening port of a server of the selected Type
;Instead of specifying Port, you can specify Socket and set Value to the socket name
Port = 3306

;Database name to connect to.
Database = dayz_epoch

;Username to connect with
Username = root
;Password to authenticate with (default is blank)
Password =

;If using OFFICIAL hive, the settings in this section have no effect, appropriate layout will be used
[Characters]
;The field name that Player's IDs are stored in (unique per game license)
;Some table layouts have this as PlayerID, and some as PlayerUID, that's why this is configurable
;IDField = PlayerUID
;The field name that Player's World Position and rotation is stored in
;Enables you to run multiple different maps (different instances) off the same character table
;WSField = Worldspace

;If using OFFICIAL hive, the settings in this section have no effect, as it will clean up by itself
[Objects]
;Which table should the objects be stored and fetched from ?
;Table = Object_DATA

;Negative values will disable this feature
;0 means that ALL empty placed items will be deleted every server restart
;A positive number is how old (in days) a placed empty item must be, in order for it to be deleted
;CleanupPlacedAfterDays = 6

;Flag indicating whether hiveext should detect vehicles out of map boundaries (X < 0, or Y > 15360) and reset their position to []
;Note: YOU MUST have a proper dayz_server.pbo that supports this feature, otherwise you will get script errors
;You can find that file under the SQF directory for your server version
;ResetOOBVehicles = false

;If using OFFICIAL hive, the settings in this section have no effect, it will manage objects on its own
[ObjectDB]
;Setting this to true separates the Object fetches from the Character fetches
;That means that the Object Table must be on this other database
;Use = false

;The settings here have the same meaning as in [Database], and are only used if the setting above is set to true
;Type = MySQL
;Host = localhost
;Port = 3306
;Database = dayz
;Username = root
;Password =

Last edited:

;Negative values will disable this feature
;0 means that ALL empty placed items will be deleted every server restart
;A positive number is how old (in days) a placed empty item must be, in order for it to be deleted
;CleanupPlacedAfterDays = 6

Change the above to CleanupPlacedAfterDays = -1 make sure to remove the ;

Thanks,
I thought having it commented out was the same as having it disabled.

2nd part.
Why does the plot maintenance always say 1 10oz gold?
I'd like buildings to decay over time and require plot maintenance through the use of gold and the plot pole, which is how I thought it worked by default. Is this somethings that has been changed in sheeps or should I list this question in another topic?
I thought here might be ok since he has somehow changed the 30meter radius to 100.

Aloha!,
ok i have tried this on my linux server the server is a clean epoch 1.0.5.1 using this installer
https://github.com/emestee/dayz-epoch-linux-server-magic, Runs great and fine, i installed the
standard Dam You Steam version, and it starts up im able to get all the way to the Sheeps Screen
as it loads all the data and just before i enter the server i get this Error that keeps Repeating

Code:
server_hiveReadWriteLar>
20:06:49  Error Undefined variable in expression: _resultarray
20:06:49 File z\addons\dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf, line 181
20:06:49 Error in expression <y call server_hiveReadWrite;
_outcome = _result select 0;
if(_outcome == "PASS")>
20:06:49  Error position: <_result select 0;
if(_outcome == "PASS")>
20:06:49  Error Undefined variable in expression: _result
20:06:49 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_spawnEvent.sqf, line 39

and a whole slew of other errors. As much as id really love to run this on on my linux
server gonna have to put mods in by hand unless someone had success with linux
and has a diffrent approach to look at =)

Hey guys im not dead yet!
i finally got Arma 3 and have started creating a epoch repack for it, so this is officaly me ending my support of arma2 and epoch for arma2. i will be making a new thread in the arma 3 section soon with the first test of the new A3 repack.

oh and reading comments on the net about the repack i cant believe the crap people say about it, they do realise it needs a bit of setup and tweaking right? had a laugh and a half heres my favorite post:)

FROM GTX
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Harkness
Staff Member

WARNING,

Script packs like the one above should NEVER be installed or used. for a few reasons actually. The first one being security of your server obviously. You don't know what they have included in there copied code. And second scripts packs are so poorly optimized and bugged its a joke, your server will lag out very bad and you will not be very happy and most likely blame your host. Also another issue with script packs is actually one of the biggest.
Scripts packs contain important mod files such as compiles.sqf self actions. select slot etc etc. For those of you that dont know these are files pulled from the Epoch mod onto the server to allow for editing. Now these files are very important to a server and what you will find is every update they do these files will almost 100% be changed and I bet the OP isn't going to re-do all the work every time. So what we now get from this is a broken/very bad performing server.

I recommend EVERYONE to install there addons/mods one at a time and not install someone else script pack.
If you continue and install it you are just asking for trouble and we cant support you if you have problems.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

better off putting mods in by hand anyways ... but the issue you have is that you need to make the edits to dayz_server.pbo that were made in the linux server.

FYI: the linux server writes the database calls into the log and the writer.pl reads those and it reads/writes to the sql database. No overhead really.
So here is your diff I got from winmerge
WdWqgfC.png

So here is an example of what the differences will be like for the most part:
Here is the server_hivereadwrite function from server_functions.sqf in Epoch
Code:
server_hiveReadWrite = {
    private["_key","_resultArray","_data"];
    _key = _this;
    _data = "HiveExt" callExtension _key;
    _resultArray = call compile format ["%1",_data];
    _resultArray
};
};
and here is the same code in the Linux version
Code:
server_hiveReadWrite = {
    private["_key","_resultArray","_data"];
    _key = _this;
        diag_log ("ATTEMPT READ/WRITE: " + _key);
    //_data = "HiveExt" callExtension _key;
    _resultArray = nil; //call compile format ["%1",_data];
    _resultArray
};
You can see the difference is that the Linux just writes to the log. If you use Winmerge you can match up these files quickly as these should be the ONLY differences that matter. You can use Notepad++ and just search for
_key =
and replace it with
diag_log

SOOOO... I went through and edited the files for you quickly. I didn't put much thought into it, just clicked on "copy to left" using winmerge where it looked appropriate. Probably introduced a few errors, maybe I didn't. I dont know, you test it.
here is the files I edited http://iaretechnician.com/owncloud/public.php?service=files&t=8576a18233221563fe2f7f4de2a11f9f download and unzip them into your dayz_server/compiles folder (dayz_server.pbo) make sure you overwrite the existing files.

You can use notepad++ compare plugin to view the changes vs what you have installed now.

Hey guys im not dead yet!
i finally got Arma 3 and have started creating a epoch repack for it, so this is officaly me ending my support of arma2 and epoch for arma2. i will be making a new thread in the arma 3 section soon with the first test of the new A3 repack.

oh and reading comments on the net about the repack i cant believe the crap people say about it, they do realise it needs a bit of setup and tweaking right? had a laugh and a half heres my favorite post:)

FROM GTX
Harkness
Staff Member

WARNING,

Script packs like the one above should NEVER be installed or used. for a few reasons actually. The first one being security of your server obviously. You don't know what they have included in there copied code. And second scripts packs are so poorly optimized and bugged its a joke, your server will lag out very bad and you will not be very happy and most likely blame your host. Also another issue with script packs is actually one of the biggest.
Scripts packs contain important mod files such as compiles.sqf self actions. select slot etc etc. For those of you that dont know these are files pulled from the Epoch mod onto the server to allow for editing. Now these files are very important to a server and what you will find is every update they do these files will almost 100% be changed and I bet the OP isn't going to re-do all the work every time. So what we now get from this is a broken/very bad performing server.

I recommend EVERYONE to install there addons/mods one at a time and not install someone else script pack.
If you continue and install it you are just asking for trouble and we cant support you if you have problems.

FROM IAREGAMEPLAYER.COM
ShootingBlanks
Staff Member
WARNING,

We have received some reports of people taking advice from certain members of the community. It behooves you to know just what kind of person you are dealing with before you accept that advice. For instance, this person right here
bKCadmU.png
Now I know we shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but you can make a few logical assumptions such as
If I need to know something that about coding ... well, let me just say "dreadlocks". On the other hand, If I need to know where to get a dime-bag .. looks like a likely contact. .. just saying.

For the Linux server, I forgot to add in server_monitor.sqf and server_functions.sqf
server functions was easy and you can copy it from pastebin http://pastebin.com/dS7h3sP2

The server_monitor is harder because of all the edits from those scripts that have been added in already. So I am going to leave that file to you for now. Open both files in notepad++ and where there is a _key and hive call in the sheeps repack file, replace that with the corresponding diag_log call from the linux file. Because of the edits, they most likely will not match up perfectly .. there will be more or fewer calls in the sheeps repack file. But by following the linux format you can edit them all ..

Also I did not look at the wai missions or dzms so if either of those mods read or write to the database to save vehicles then you will have to edit those also.

I am going to install my overpuke server on to my Linux dedicated server so I will have a working set of files by the end of the week to post. I just had a thought if you have multiple cores on your VPS if there would be a performance enhancement to run the writer.pl in its own thread and core offloading all data base read/writes away from the cores that the server uses.

Not sure if anyone can help at all but I tried to run this repack just as it came and when I connect to the server and launch I get an error about script sectorfng_init.sqf not being found. The is there but it's not seeing it for some reason? I tried turning off the sectorFNG script but still getting the problem.

Has anyone else had this issue? Couldn't see anything in here on it.

I made no changes to the files just followed the instructions for a new install.
When I connect/launch it says the sectorfng_ini.sqf is missing but the file is there. It's in the CustomBuildings folder then a sectorfng folder.

do you mean rpt from my client trying to connect? sorry new to all this and learning slowly.
http://pastebin.com/LJV1xRFb client one

actually i think i was referring to the arma2oaserver.rpt file that is on your server in the config folder ... where your server.cfg file is that you edit to name your server.
sounds like you are saying this poops out at you in the brown window on your client.

i will have to look at the files when i get home in a few hours ... unless some one familiar with the files can respond before then

Back