[Release] - BTC Fast Roping

Kind-Sir

OpenDayZ Rockstar!
Help and discussion for BTC fastroping takes place here...

This doesn't work if you name the folder "Addons" it needs to be "addons" due to this
Code:
 sleep 1; _fast_rope = [] execVM "addons\BTC_fast_roping_init.sqf";
Ah, yes, I apologize. It has been edited in the post.

Thank you for noticing that!

Oh, and another thing I just ran into
Code:
 _rope = _x addaction ["Deploy rope","addons\fastrope\BTC_addAction.sqf",[[],BTC_deploy_rope],7,true,false,"","player == driver _target && format [""%1"",_target getVariable ""BTC_rope""] != ""1"" && ((getPos _target) select 2) < BTC_fast_rope_h && speed _target < 2"];
    _rope = _x addaction ["Cut rope","addons\fastrope\BTC_addAction.sqf",[[],BTC_cut_rope],7,true,false,"","player == driver _target && format [""%1"",_target getVariable ""BTC_rope""] == ""1"""];
    _out  = _x addaction ["Fast rope","addons\fastrope\BTC_addAction.sqf",[[player],BTC_fast_rope],7,true,false,"","player in (assignedCargo _target) && format [""%1"",_target getVariable ""BTC_rope""] == ""1"""];
Calls for it to be in a folder "fastrope" in the addons folder.

Oh, and another thing I just ran into
Code:
 _rope = _x addaction ["Deploy rope","addons\fastrope\BTC_addAction.sqf",[[],BTC_deploy_rope],7,true,false,"","player == driver _target && format [""%1"",_target getVariable ""BTC_rope""] != ""1"" && ((getPos _target) select 2) < BTC_fast_rope_h && speed _target < 2"];
    _rope = _x addaction ["Cut rope","addons\fastrope\BTC_addAction.sqf",[[],BTC_cut_rope],7,true,false,"","player == driver _target && format [""%1"",_target getVariable ""BTC_rope""] == ""1"""];
    _out  = _x addaction ["Fast rope","addons\fastrope\BTC_addAction.sqf",[[player],BTC_fast_rope],7,true,false,"","player in (assignedCargo _target) && format [""%1"",_target getVariable ""BTC_rope""] == ""1"""];
Calls for it to be in a folder "fastrope" in the addons folder.
Blimey! I have to do harsher checks on my post next time.

Thanks a bunch!

It's a good thing my server doesn't get any traffic, otherwise there would be some pissed off people due to all these updates I'm pushing through. Unfortunately this means I can't actually test if the fast rope works yet... but as far as deploying it and cutting it goes; in the clear!

• Updated script so heights of up to 20m can be achieved.It is a bit choppy when touching ground, but it can be fixed given effort.
  • Added correct positioning on an MH60, positions on the other helicopters to come.

i cant get this to work my friend hit deploy rope and when i eject i fall to the ground dead it tells me that the rope is deployed

i cant get this to work my friend hit deploy rope and when i eject i fall to the ground dead it tells me that the rope is deployed

You're supposed to get an option to "Fast Rope" if you select "Eject" you are going to eject as you normally would and you will be too low for your chute to deploy.

i never got an option to fast rope

i too, never get the option.

I changed
Code:

To be fixes instead of addons

Code:
_rope = _x addaction ["Deploy rope","fixes\BTC_addAction.sqf",[[],BTC_deploy_rope],7,true,false,"","player == driver _target && format [""%1"",_target getVariable ""BTC_rope""] != ""1"" && ((getPos _target) select 2) < BTC_fast_rope_h && speed _target < 2"];
    _rope = _x addaction ["Cut rope","fixes\BTC_addAction.sqf",[[],BTC_cut_rope],7,true,false,"","player == driver _target && format [""%1"",_target getVariable ""BTC_rope""] == ""1"""];
    _out  = _x addaction ["Fast rope","fixes\BTC_addAction.sqf",[[player],BTC_fast_rope],7,true,false,"","player in (assignedCargo _target) && format [""%1"",_target getVariable ""BTC_rope""] == ""1"""];

and changed the init to have:

Code:
sleep 1; _fast_rope = [] execVM "fixes\BTC_fast_roping_init.sqf";

(thats where i put all the files)

and im not getting the option to do it in game, something wrong with the tutorial?

just a thought, would it be possible to just change the eject feature itself to fast rope you out if you are under x height? if so would it also be possible to cause it to HALO jump you over y height?

so like
height < x = rope
height > x but < y = normal eject
height > y = HALO

What helicopters are you using, and at what height are you performing this at?
When you're a gunner, you will not be able to fast rope out. You HAVE to be in the back.

i too, never get the option.

I changed
-snip-
To be fixes instead of addons
-snip-
and changed the init to have:
-snip-
(thats where i put all the files)
and im not getting the option to do it in game, something wrong with the tutorial?

I posted an example mission file for DayZ Chernarus.

just a thought, would it be possible to just change the eject feature itself to fast rope you out if you are under x height? if so would it also be possible to cause it to HALO jump you over y height?

so like
height < x = rope
height > x but < y = normal eject
height > y = HALO
That would be a neat addition.

Used your sample mission, and this is what i have

//Fast Roping

(the above is the last 2 lines in my init)

Here is my log error

sleep 1; _fast_rope = [] execVM "addons\>
4:13:48 Error position: <sleep 1; _fast_rope = [] execVM "addons\>
4:13:48 Error Missing ;

Attached is my init

Attachments

• init.sqf
    2.5 KB · Views: 18
Used your sample mission, and this is what i have

//Fast Roping

(the above is the last 2 lines in my init)

Here is my log error

sleep 1; _fast_rope = [] execVM "addons\>
4:13:48 Error position: <sleep 1; _fast_rope = [] execVM "addons\>
4:13:48 Error Missing ;

Attached is my init
The line above the fast roping:
Code:
//R3F EXECVM
execVM "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf"

You need a semicolon ( ; ) at the end of that, so it'll look like:
Code:
//R3F EXECVM
execVM "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf";

Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/dLBJq0Th

The line above the fast roping:
Code:
//R3F EXECVM
execVM "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf"

You need a semicolon ( ; ) at the end of that, so it'll look like:
Code:
//R3F EXECVM
execVM "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf";

Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/dLBJq0Th

Derp...Thanks a lot man, weird i didn't see that, glad you caught it :)

EDIT:

like the guy above me, passengers are not getting any option to fast rope out.

as the pilot i get Deploy/Cut rope, but nobody gets fast rope

im guessing something to do with this line

Code:
    _out  = _x addaction ["Fast rope","addons\BTC_addAction.sqf",[[player],BTC_fast_rope],7,true,false,"","player in (assignedCargo _target) && format [""%1"",_target getVariable ""BTC_rope""] == ""1"""]; //add action to fast rope

Tried both, but i personally only tried gunner, my friend tried back seat and said he didn't get an option. But ya gunner seats would be nice.
Hmm, I seem to have lost my own thread... D:
Anyway, to change it so all players (other than the pilot) will be able to fastrope, use:
Code:
_out = _x addaction ["Fast rope","addons\BTC_addAction.sqf",[[player],BTC_fast_rope],7,true,false,"","player != driver _target && format [""%1"",_target getVariable ""BTC_rope""] == ""1"""]; //add action to fast rope

Would it be possible for you to add a climb rope feature so people could enter the helicopter through the rope? I'm not sure how hard this task would be so forgive me if I'm asking for you to move mountains.

Would it be possible for you to add a climb rope feature so people could enter the helicopter through the rope? I'm not sure how hard this task would be so forgive me if I'm asking for you to move mountains.
I've tried at it, but the first attempt proved no success.
I'll see what can be done.

Back