[Tutorial] Snow added to Dynamic Weather

I don't know what it is, having Overwatch 0.2.5 or a mistake in the scripts. I follow instructions very well and I think I have it right. But for some reason I barely see any change in weather period! Overcast = cloudy right?! I have it set to the highest but no change. I also have the fog set to nothing, that appears to be the only thing working.

no clouds... and no snow...

I don't know what it is, having Overwatch 0.2.5 or a mistake in the scripts. I follow instructions very well and I think I have it right. But for some reason I barely see any change in weather period! Overcast = cloudy right?! I have it set to the highest but no change. I also have the fog set to nothing, that appears to be the only thing working.

no clouds... and no snow...
link to your dynamicweather.sqf so we can take a peak

Its dynamic so everything will seem normal and you will see snow when it works.

To make sure it works turn this down:
_maxWeatherChangeTimeMin

Set rain here to 0, and snow to 100 so it only snows and doesn't rain.
_rainIntervalRainProbability = 50;
_snowIntervalSnowProbability = 50;

Then turn the minimum overcast above .75
_minimumOvercast = 0;

The ground fog from what I read does work with adjustments, but unless you attempt to blanket the map with it (which looks horrible) then it follows around players. Problem is you need it to also follow players in cars and such so they see it. But the fog following them in vehicles is very apparant, and it also effects helicopters giving them problems seeing the ground.

Then on top of those issues, it apparently causes frame drops for everyone.

That happened to me as well, until I realized my Anti Hack was preventing my weather from working. if you have AH, try disabling it to see the result. I managed to just remove the small code in my AH script and now it works great.

I have Blur Anti Hack pro. If you remove the this code your normal weather from DynamicWeatherEffects.sqf will work. They are working on an update to their AH that should fix this issue and many more.

Code:
    drn_fnc_DynamicWeather_SetWeatherLocal = {};
    if (isNil 'dayzSetOvercast') then {dayzSetOvercast = 0;};
    if (!isNil 'dayzSetOvercast') then {0 setOvercast dayzSetOvercast;};
    if (!isNil 'dayzSetViewDistance') then {setViewDistance dayzSetViewDistance;};
    if (!isNil 'infiSTAR_SetDate') then {setDate infiSTAR_SetDate;};

Should be. Blur and Infistar work together
Cool good to know Im working on getting the full version from them. I had downloaded a lite version which doesn't give me access to the files. Currently its messing up my HALO respawns as well.

Also, the wind is crazy high just like the guys video above. Must be the antihack again.

I had a halo spawn issue once, where the parachutes would disappear and players would fall and die lol. the fix was the server cleanup i believe.

I also had the wind issue where all trees would sway back and forth a lot, I believe I fixed that by removing this script, and continued using my original. I think that issue was because this dynamic weather script is for Epoch. I am running Overwatch. I was going to prove later once my server has no players on.

My issue with the halo spawns is that regular players are unable to control their parachute, only admins. So you deploy your parachute and the winds take you wherever (usually out to sea). I lowered the wind and made it so my server starts earlier in the day (only running 4 hour restarts) so far so good. I swear sometimes this antihack is more trouble than its worth. If someone just beefed up the blue phoenix mod some more and gave it more options, Id rather use that. Had someone join my server 2 days ago with an m249 that was shooting explosive rounds and they were blowing up buildings with unlimited ammo.... so much for antihack....

I just did a comparison with my normal dynamic weather script vs the script given here, and made all the changes to mine that I saw that were part of this snow script. It pretty much looked the same. Either way, I am again trying these snow scripts, but with my modified dynamicweather script. server restart in 10 minutes, hopefully no issues.

The script is actually an exact copy from Namalsk, and I've never seen wind like that on there or my server.
Overwatch may have a different script running elsewhere effecting the weather.

The script is actually an exact copy from Namalsk, and I've never seen wind like that on there or my server.
Overwatch may have a different script running elsewhere effecting the weather.

yea I turned the wind down from 8 max to a 2 max and that seemed to take care of it. Once more after that the wind picked up more than normal but my friend said it wasn't happening for him, which means it was only on me? Really weird. I logged off the server and back on and it was fine. Has been fine since. It might be the antihack or something else.

It must be something in Overwatch, I can't even get ground for to show up. I have just removed both completely. The standalone snow script works fine, but it makes it snow all the time.

For those who don't know, on Epoch 1.0.3 the line you need to change is now located in the init.sqf.

Code:
//Start Dynamic Weather
execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\external\DynamicWeatherEffects.sqf";

Vampire, you ever figure out how to integrate the snow effects from that other script to replace the Namalsk snow?

Back