Unbanning Weapons

Some News:
A friend of mine could join on rMod Server without having it enabled on our clients. I could see and drive unbanned vehicles without any problem. This was possible on most Servers. Then i tried to do it with my testserver and was able to start the server with rMod and even join it without having it on my client.
Only Problem so far is that the weapons are invisable but you can shoot them. They even save in tents in Database.
We had once a Server on Nitrado with rMod and my friend could join there either without having rMod enabled, but he was able to see the weapons and use them like every other weapon.
So is there a way to define the models for clients through the mission or something else without having them to donwload anything?

Cheers

Soo, I got the BAF_AS50_scoped_Large to spawn just fine.. but when you shoot it, it does 0 damage. What ammo will actually work with the BAF_AS50_scoped_Large and actually do damage? Right now I am using the 10Rnd_127x99_m107 which does no damage. Thanks in advance.

Some News:
A friend of mine could join on rMod Server without having it enabled on our clients. I could see and drive unbanned vehicles without any problem. This was possible on most Servers. Then i tried to do it with my testserver and was able to start the server with rMod and even join it without having it on my client.
Only Problem so far is that the weapons are invisable but you can shoot them. They even save in tents in Database.
We had once a Server on Nitrado with rMod and my friend could join there either without having rMod enabled, but he was able to see the weapons and use them like every other weapon.
So is there a way to define the models for clients through the mission or something else without having them to donwload anything?

Cheers

so you could see and drive the regular vehicles or the rmod vehicles?

I did a custom mod where I unbanned EVERYTHING on the server and disabled the file checks so anyone could join, they didn't need to download the mod files.
If you had downloaded the mod files everything worked. If you didn't have the mod files then you could not see or use any unbanned item... I would have fun by putting on an unbanned skin and taking a unbanned rifle. then find a player and just keep shooting them. They get no damage and couldn't see me but they would see the blood splats or hear the bullets hit or something .. they knew they were gettign shot at. And then I would just keep following them as they would take cover and keep shooting them.
good times .. good times.
But the moral of the story is that I really don't think its possible to have something unbanned serverside only.
To test, I have installed Dayz 1.8.0.3 and Rmod 2.1 on the server fresh. Disabled signature checks and joined. Scar rifles do not spawn on my character.

I see the flaw in your logic.. I KNOW the Militia Lada is not banned in dayz and I thought the offroads were okay too.
As for the AS50 .. they edited the handdamage file .. you have to move it into the mission and change the amount of damage for that round.

yep, just checked, both those vehicles are not banned in standard Dayz ... you can check by going into the 3d editor and trying it out. Anything that is banned is unuseable in the editor.

Soo, I got the BAF_AS50_scoped_Large to spawn just fine.. but when you shoot it, it does 0 damage. What ammo will actually work with the BAF_AS50_scoped_Large and actually do damage? Right now I am using the 10Rnd_127x99_m107 which does no damage. Thanks in advance.
The AS50 ammo works, the m107 damage was disabled.
5Rnd_127x99_as50

Hey guys, I'm new here but I had an idea for something that might solve the problem of unbanning weapons. I was looking in dayz_code and found something interesting under Configs\CfgWeapons, it seems that here is where the devs have made their own dayz variants of guns in game such as the M14_DZ for example. You can see in the configs under ARs that they have configured the models, damage, range ect, and I was wondering if it might be possible to do the same but to other guns? For example you could make an AS50_DZ which references the AS50 model under CA\Weapons, and then configure the damage and such to your liking. It might then be possible to hook those files into the mission.pbo and since the new weapon id isn't on the ban list, it might work and be spawn-able. The only issue would be getting banned ammo types to work.

Its just a suggestion though so I'm sorry if this isn't helpful, but I hope that someone might be able to figure something out.

EDIT: Disregard this, I've managed to hook the entire dayz_anim to the mission pbo, not had much success but it seems to let me join at least and is easier than the method above.

Last edited:
Back