WarpZone help thread

does it warp all players who walk int0 the area or base on UID?

All players. I've toyed around with UID protection but I think it's useless. If I ever get it working (how I want it to work, with UIDS) then i'll ask the mods to unlock my original post and make it a comment

In warpzone2.sqf:

if ((getPlayerUID player) in ["12345678"]) then {

If I want multiple UID's, do I just do this?

if ((getPlayerUID player) in ["12345678","23456789","34567890"]) then {

Also, in the sensors section, can I change "Basis_West" to whatever I want, or does it need to be Basis_SOMEOTHERWORD?

In warpzone2.sqf:

if ((getPlayerUID player) in ["12345678"]) then {

If I want multiple UID's, do I just do this?

if ((getPlayerUID player) in ["12345678","23456789","34567890"]) then {

Also, in the sensors section, can I change "Basis_West" to whatever I want, or does it need to be Basis_SOMEOTHERWORD?

For the UID's, that will work yes.
As for Basis_West, can be changed to whositwhatsitdoesntmatter as long as you put whositwhatsitdoesntmatter in each area that you replace Basis_West.
Sorry if I'm speaking out of turn Matt L.

Thanks for the reply. I put this in but it's not working for me. I have other sensors set up for safe trader zones (Epoch) and those work fine. The only thing I can think of is the coordinates are off.

I went to the center of where I want the zone and logged off. In the database, it shows my coordinates as: [242,[12692.2,13893,0.001]] in the "Worldspace" table of the database. Based on that information, I entered this coordinate for my zone:

position[]={12692.2,0,13893};

Is that correct?

I went to the center of where I want the zone and logged off. In the database, it shows my coordinates as: [242,[12692.2,13893,0.001]] in the "Worldspace" table of the database. Based on that information, I entered this coordinate for my zone:

Is that correct?

I have not tested these, I just found them via google search but these may help you.
http://www.tunngle.net/community/topic/129591-dayz-coordinates-converter/
http://snuletek.org/arma2coordcalc/

Dayz coords and arma coords are different, in your database you have dayz codes but for scripts you need arma coords so you need to convert them. The conversion is weird and maybe I don't fully understand it but from what I know it's.
x=x/100
y=y/100
z=153-z/100

http://www.tunngle.net/community/topic/87571-interpreting-the-dayz-server-position/

For the UID's, that will work yes.
As for Basis_West, can be changed to whositwhatsitdoesntmatter as long as you put whositwhatsitdoesntmatter in each area that you replace Basis_West.
Sorry if I'm speaking out of turn Matt L.

Gave correct information ~ thinks i'll be upset

Nah dude you're good :D I woulda said the exact thing but I was out of town ^.^

It seems like I still can't get the coordinates correct.

The coordinates in the database are: position[]={12692.2,0,13893};

Using the website linked above (second link), I get this:
X map value: 126.922
Y map value: 14.67
Heading: 12692.2

So, in the mission.sqm, are the coordinates like this: position[]={126.922,14.67,12692.2};

*edit* That's not right either. Comparing the coordinates with those I have a Klen, for the safe trader city, the numbers are way off. Having it like this in my warpzone2.sqf makes more sense but nothing happens:

Compared to the Klen coordinates I have for my safezone there:

position[]={11463.747,317.3078,11349.89};

I believe the middle number is the heading and it doesn't make a difference as far as the sensor goes.

It seems like I still can't get the coordinates correct.

The coordinates in the database are: position[]={12692.2,0,13893};

Using the website linked above (second link), I get this:
X map value: 126.922
Y map value: 14.67
Heading: 12692.2

So, in the mission.sqm, are the coordinates like this: position[]={126.922,14.67,12692.2};

*edit* That's not right either. Comparing the coordinates with those I have a Klen, for the safe trader city, the numbers are way off. Having it like this in my warpzone2.sqf makes more sense but nothing happens:

Compared to the Klen coordinates I have for my safezone there:

position[]={11463.747,317.3078,11349.89};

I believe the middle number is the heading and it doesn't make a difference as far as the sensor goes.

The middle number is not the 'heading' it is the height. Having it at 317 on chernarus is ridiculous unless you are offmap in debug plains.

The middle number is not the 'heading' it is the height. Having it at 317 on chernarus is ridiculous unless you are offmap in debug plains.

Actually the one with "317" is at Klen and that one works just fine since Klen is on a hilltopc. It's a "safezone" from another mod. I just used that coordinate as an example since the warpzone I'm setting is north of Klen.

So, I'm guessing that having the warpzone set to this position[]={12692.2,0,13893}; is causing the zone to be below ground? Assuming 0 is under the ground at the place that I have the zone set to? I took that info directly from the database, so the location should be good.

Actually the one with "317" is at Klen and that one works just fine since Klen is on a hilltopc. It's a "safezone" from another mod. I just used that coordinate as an example since the warpzone I'm setting is north of Klen.

So, I'm guessing that having the warpzone set to this position[]={12692.2,0,13893}; is causing the zone to be below ground? Assuming 0 is under the ground at the place that I have the zone set to? I took that info directly from the database, so the location should be good.

Nope despite the height being 0 it will spawn above ground. Having it set to high though, that's a different story. Also different mod might mean different worldspace

I guess at this point I need to ask this: Has anyone actually used this script? If so, how did YOU get your coordinates?

I used database. Which I believe outputs it at XYZ, but in the mission.sqm it needs to be XZY. You can also get your coordinates by using a debug monitor that has worldspace built in.

Back