0.2.1 Update...

robzervos

Why go back to DayZ 1.7.6 core? That is essentially a completely different gameflow with the way zombies work and fps smoothness (zombies not spawning when in vehicle, attack animations, aggressiveness)

It was completely fine at 1.7.7.1....

My server has gone to complete ass since 0.2.1 desync/lag is stupid crazy!!
Everyone lost there stashes gameplay has changed due to going to 1.7.6.
Why the move back overwatch runs like ass right now.

This also means any additional dayz updates will not be able to be incorporated unless the changes are made manually.

My server ran perfect with the last update, without any issue whatsoever. Any lag or the like on the publichives are probably due to the blur anticheat which has issues with the new versions as it constantly scans (and there are posts EVERYWHERE about it.)

This also means any additional dayz updates will not be able to be incorporated unless the changes are made manually.

My server ran perfect with the last update, without any issue whatsoever. Any lag or the like on the publichives are probably due to the blur anticheat which has issues with the new versions as it constantly scans (and there are posts EVERYWHERE about it.)

I don't use blur's anti cheat. Im using the same version of my anti hacks on both 0.2.0 & 0.2.1 and the desync/lag is insane on 0.2.1!!

(10-20 payers is fine 30-55 is getting unplayable. Server had no issues with 50-55 players on 0.2.0)

Having the same problems as you guys really frustrating.

On a separate note I still cannot get kill messages to work (1.7.7.1 or 1.7.6 versions). I keep getting black screen after attempting it. Anyone have any ideas?

I don't use blur's anti cheat. Im using the same version of my anti hacks on both 0.2.0 & 0.2.1 and the desync/lag is insane on 0.2.1!!

(10-20 payers is fine 30-55 is getting unplayable. Server had no issues with 50-55 players on 0.2.0)

Which're you using? The one from here, or?

That makes me really not want to swap as I use an older version of blurs AH Pro v1.

Anyone else having issues with picking up the New weapons? Some reason everytime pick it up it disappears.
Is there a fix for this and if so HOW? please!

I had it happen to one of my players earlier. It was an AK NVSU or something similar (night vision scope). It had spawned in a barracks.

Also have noticed a serious flaw in that most ammo and ordnance crates now spawn weapons, ammo and explosives in! We were using these as scenery items only to have players scream and shout for joy. Then panic set in....

After much talk and feedback from community we are going back to 1.7.7 and tweaking that instead, currently doing some performance testing on this as we speak and i hope to have a released ready soon. Still some issues that needs to be addressed. We are also working on moving most buildings to client side only, using cfgtowngenerator to spawn them in, thanks to Sven for some info regarding this. This should help allot on performance, I’m hoping to maybe have an update out for this tomorrow, but yea threes allot of work to be done.

To Scrumbee, the moving of buildings to client side will have serious adverse affects on servers running AI addons. Since most, if not all, AI addons spawn units serverside, the client-generated buildings will be completely nonexistent to AI units, meaning players will find themselves being detected and shot by AI while inside buildings.

I know that as a mod developer you have no obligation to change Overwatch to accommodate AI addon users, but I just wish to give you a heads-up on the unintended consequences of this change.

Buttface, I do understand that this might have issues for AI addons, but said it from day one that performance is always gone go over function, and 3d party addons will always have a low priority. This is just way it has to be as this gone be a big performance increase not having to deal with all off that serverside. A way around this issue is to not have AI around the area where most things are client side. But yea I could probably provide with the files needed for those who still want to have it all serverside, but would be up to you guys to implement it. Shouldn’t be too hard to do, just override the cfgtowngenerator, can even provide one that we use currently. Then I’ll give you all the buildings files that are needed. This might be a work around for that problem

Back