0.2.1 Update...

The optional serverside/clientside buildings sounds like an excellent idea. Thanks for your understanding and willingness to help out the AI user community.

I found that the previous version was almost perfect. I had no lag on decent servers. The zombies were about right in numbers and ability. And most importantly, the extra buildings were there! Right now it just feels like vanilla with a few extra guns/vehicles. I do have one concern though. The zombies in 1.7.7 were ridiculously hard to loose, and agroed from the next town if my neighbour farted in their sleep! You spent your whole time on your belly when in a city/town looking for antibiotics and only finding empty cans. And you can forget about PVP. Could the issues people were experiencing be because the official servers are a linked hive? Every private hive I've played on that used the standard server setup ran smoothly. Linked servers are a bad idea in my opinion anyway. All you get are combat loggers and server hoppers.
You were so close to perfection guys. Just a few tweaks away.

We lost the vehicle item counters. Is this supposed to happen? And do we need to do a DB wipe to activate the new weapons / items? Or can I just do the related table to add them?

After much talk and feedback from community we are going back to 1.7.7 and tweaking that instead, currently doing some performance testing on this as we speak and i hope to have a released ready soon. Still some issues that needs to be addressed. We are also working on moving most buildings to client side only, using cfgtowngenerator to spawn them in, thanks to Sven for some info regarding this. This should help allot on performance, I’m hoping to maybe have an update out for this tomorrow, but yea threes allot of work to be done.

With this cfgtowngenerator will I be able to remove your buildings but keep the old dayz stuff in? (roadblocks ect ect)
We use our own map edit with a over the top style NWA, NEA and a few more things in the server.pbo and have no issues with lag/desync. (In 0.2.0)

Ran 0.2.1 for about 10 hours now, and nothing but trouble. Huge desyncs, crap stuff (no good barracks) , vehicle counters gone, we are NOT impressed.

The biggest complaint my server is giving is the lack of buildings. They WANT all the custom buildings that've been added back in (inc skalisty but oh well on that I say.)

@DayzOverwatch ; keep an eye on it; 0.2.2 is announced for the next few hours. Buildings will be back.

Back