1.7.7 was a kick in the nuts to the modding community from Rocket

Nebulazer

Valued Member!
Its well known that Rocket does not like the dayz modding community because we stole all of the players from the public hive. What they really did with 1.7.7 was moved things around to try to break all of the private servers at least until people can figure out how to fix it or give up. They added no feature that could not have been added with the previous compiles, and there is no performance increase from what i hear, in most cases people have had performance drops and issues. The only "feature" they really added was the journal which is really just a pretty debug monitor. They really should have added something that freshens up the gameplay of the mod but they just keep adding visual things... cool i can sit here and do nothing and look at my pretty journal while zombies keep coming out of this tiny house like a clown car and they will never stop chasing me.

1) Is it a well known fact? From what I understand, it's a well known fact that Private Hives took the load off of Public ones

2) I have seen performance increases

3) Adding most of the scripts was as easy as it was the first time. The code changed, as it will.

4) If Rocket DID feel that way, PRETTY SURE He could force all hives back to the public one. He was the one that stole all of BI's arma players, remember?

1.7.7 has a performance drop ,much laggier. The loot spawning in related to fps is even worse. The bigger blow was the banning of everything a public hive doesnt run, the scars/m8,s/ vehicles, etc. With all the custom content properly banned the private server is just a fancy pub server. Personally I rolled back to 1.7.6.1 due to popular demand just for the weapons.

I have not noticed a performance drop

I'll agree that the loot spawning in related to fps MAY BE worse, considering their are MORE LOOT SPAWN POINTS now, which is a good thing IMHO.

If you hosted a server for the scars/m8,s/ vehicles, etc, you PROBABLY misunderstood the point of the game you were hosting, and should go host a BF4 Server.. :)

Although I have my "own" issues with 1.7.7, none of the relay that the new patch made dayZ worse.

I personally was hoping for the weapons to be banned and vehicles and go back to how DayZ should be... Survive the infected not the players. DayZ Private Servers became to involved with a PVP play style that kinda went away from the true meaning of the game which is a survival game.

Now having stronger infected and less OP weapons vehicles to use I think players will start playing the game how its meant to be, working together to gather resources to survive.

In relation to performance gain's I would actually say that the infected do not produce as much CPU / FPS hots as previous versions released. Yes there are some serious issues with 1.7.7 and as they had almost 4 months to get it ready perhaps 2 of those should of been used for testing this build as I am pretty sure this will be the last one anyone will be interested in as Standalone is just a few weeks / months away!

My 2 cents.. let the trolling begin!

Pry

Now having stronger infected and less OP weapons vehicles to use I think players will start playing the game how its meant to be, working together to gather resources to survive.

Pry

Are the zombies really more fun? or are they just harder? They should have been doing things like creating new animations and skills for the zombies rather than just making them more relentless and make you get sick more.

Are the zombies really more fun? or are they just harder? They should have been doing things like creating new animations and skills for the zombies rather than just making them more relentless and make you get sick more.

lol yeah I would like dayz more without zombies and just pvp. They are just annoying that's it and looking at the E3 video's of the standalone they will only become more annoying there (jumping at you).

That's why on my Taviana server, I disabled the ability for zombies to run. People love it.

Reactions: Diz
The scar variants and such that run off of stanag ammo are just as balanced an an m4 cco, just gave you more variants to hunt for ingame in terms of loot. Gun damage is based off of its ammo not the rifle itself. This has nothing todo with game balance. Banning of military vehicles is perfectly fine. Banning suvs, and some of the other civy type trucks and vehicles was not needed. Ive personally never ran with weaponized or armored vehicles on my server. Zombie difficulty is no harder then before. The infection rate is just over extreme to the point you have to carry around 5 antibiotics or crawl around. if they tweaked the infection rate it would be fine, Tackling wasnt needed being that zombies already break your legs and they are to glitchy in for how the code was scripted for the tackles. Increased damage and stronger zombies is 100% awesome aswell as them running faster. Removing tackling portion is easy however for your server(simply cut it from the code) ?The ATV nerf wasnt needed. players already avoided them because they were buggy and flippy, reducing speed made them useless for the sheer fact zombies can instant grab you off them 100% of the time.

Reactions: Diz
3) Adding most of the scripts was as easy as it was the first time. The code changed, as it will.

This is true for you, me, and probably most people on these forums. But the fact is that all of the server hosts now have to deal with all of their noobie lazy customers and we have to see a bunch of "1.7.7 not working" topics on the front page. On the other hand i guarantee you some people are going to make money from re-adding scripts to people's servers because they were too naive to figure it out the first time.

1) Is it a well known fact? From what I understand, it's a well known fact that Private Hives took the load off of Public ones

2) I have seen performance increases

4) If Rocket DID feel that way, PRETTY SURE He could force all hives back to the public one. He was the one that stole all of BI's arma players, remember?

I haven't noticed much of a difference in performance with 1.7.7. I agree with you about the scripts. For the most part, every addon released on this forum should be rather easy to convert to 1.7.7. I don't agree with your last point. I do not believe, at this point, that Rocket could force all DayZ servers back to the public hive. Also, I don't think that Rocket stole all of Arma's players. I believe he just branched out and attracted more non-Arma players to the mod.

I personally was hoping for the weapons to be banned and vehicles and go back to how DayZ should be... Survive the infected not the players. DayZ Private Servers became to involved with a PVP play style that kinda went away from the true meaning of the game which is a survival game.

In relation to performance gain's I would actually say that the infected do not produce as much CPU / FPS hots as previous versions released. Yes there are some serious issues with 1.7.7 and as they had almost 4 months to get it ready perhaps 2 of those should of been used for testing this build as I am pretty sure this will be the last one anyone will be interested in as Standalone is just a few weeks / months away!

My 2 cents.. let the trolling begin!

Pry

I could not agree with your post less. For one, weapons and vehicles do not have to be banned in the DayZ files not to be used. If you wanted to play on a server that didn't have them, you could have. Also, DayZ is meant to be played however the player decides. I find it laughable that you act as if you understand the "true meaning" of DayZ better than others. I do agree that survival is an important focal point of the mod. However, surviving against the other survivors is just as important of a feature as surviving against the zombies and environment. PvP has been a huge part of DayZ since it's release and it doesn't matter whether a server is filled with AS50s and MV22s or is limited to hatchets and bicycles. PvP will always exist in DayZ and it will always play a major role in the gameplay.

The banning of vehicles and weapons done in 1.7.7 was unnecessary and has greatly impacted the diversification that made private hives a fun option. If Rocket plans to continue down this route and turn every server into a cookie-cutter version of his "vision" of DayZ, then I will just stick with 1.7.6.1. :)

I'm Sorry but this thread is retarded... All I hear are kids complaining that DayZ has zombies. And everything is banned. If you don't want zombies, go play Arma 2. Remember that game that DayZ runs off?
That's why on my Taviana server, I disabled the ability for zombies to run. People love it.
So what you did was take DayZ and remove one of the key features that makes it DayZ.

The complaining about Private hives not working is not the dev teams problem or fault. You are the one that decided to use a package that makes changes to the server side package. DayZ has the ability to run as a private hive instantly, All you do is execute the SQL and change the hiveEXT.ini to your login details. There is no need for these packages.

Extra weapons and vehicles are banned because they aren't needed in DayZ the Design for DayZ is based on the Public Hive. There is no need for all the extra weapons and vehicles in DayZ. Also the fact that anything that was unbanned before was an error with the beta patches. Not the dev team unbanning them for one patch to re-ban them.
Zombies where made more of a challenge because that's what people wanted. I love this constant bitching. Its always complaints, First they where too hard, then they where too easy. Now they are too hard again. There is no winning. If you can animate go talk to the Dev's. We have no animators so we can't make new animations. Its great that you want to tell us what we NEED to do. But there is problems of people not wanting to help or don't have the skill set.

I'm Sorry but this thread is retarded... All I hear are kids complaining that DayZ has zombies. And everything is banned. If you don't want zombies, go play Arma 2. Remember that game that DayZ runs off?

So what you did was take DayZ and remove one of the key features that makes it DayZ.

The complaining about Private hives not working is not the dev teams problem or fault. You are the one that decided to use a package that makes changes to the server side package. DayZ has the ability to run as a private hive instantly, All you do is execute the SQL and change the hiveEXT.ini to your login details. There is no need for these packages.

Extra weapons and vehicles are banned because they aren't needed in DayZ the Design for DayZ is based on the Public Hive. There is no need for all the extra weapons and vehicles in DayZ. Also the fact that anything that was unbanned before was an error with the beta patches. Not the dev team unbanning them for one patch to re-ban them.

Zombies where made more of a challenge because that's what people wanted. I love this constant bitching. Its always complaints, First they where too hard, then they where too easy. Now they are too hard again. There is no winning. If you can animate go talk to the Dev's. We have no animators so we can't make new animations. Its great that you want to tell us what we NEED to do. But there is problems of people not wanting to help or don't have the skill set.

I think you have mistaken my intensions. I am not just complaining about it but solving the problem. www.invasionz.com

This argument is not survival vs pvp, or anything else like that guys. Not really relevant. Yes it will always be a part, and yes some people think that everyone having badass military guns is not as much fun - guys that is the point of the private hive - you can make it however you like.

The bans, I suppose, one could argue are to stop hackers/script kids from spawning those on public servers. But there is no doubt that it is yet another thing, on top of the 'organizing', that mostly just makes things difficult for private hive owners and developers. If you like having big guns (or anything they banned), they just made it that much more difficult for you. And how much help will it really be, when every hacker is bypassing and overriding your stuff?

Mostly I agree with Nebulazer - I see very little in the way of improvement while looking through the code, and I certainly have noticed some rather, shall we say, unnecessary changes - and performance drop. I was really hoping for some more significant changes to gameplay - something in the zed generation system, animations, new AI stuff (fix the goddamn pathing maybe?). But mostly, besides renaming variables for seemingly no reason - all that stuff is the same. Just a few minor new things here and there. Overall, for me, a very disappointing release, considering the time they had to work on it.

The knockdown script is a pretty good example of how poor the update really is - Isathar wrote one much better that we're using for my zeds, weeks if not months ago - it's not buggy like the knockdown/tackle in this update.

In the end, I think I'm going to end up cherry picking the few good things out of 1.7.7 and merging them with 1.7.6 - until I see a real reason to move back to their public releases, I'll continue to do so.

@Nextasy - new member, only posts are in this thread and one other where you try to berate some noobs about not understanding how to fix some script for 1.7.7....and you don't even post your solution. Really dude? While I agree, you should try to understand scripts if you run a server, you don't have to be an ass about it -- and the reality is that there are a lot of noobs out there who are going to run a server and know nothing. And so now you come in here with this big attitude - it's pretty laughable, I can't imagine many people will take you seriously. Anyways, you've shown your ignorance, thanks for your thoughts.

@Prymary - you run my zed system, you see they could be doing- what they could be working on. Instead they do meaningless things, like debug journals. I totally agree on the point above PVP - but that's not the point here - everyone should be permitted to run their private hive as they want, and with all the things the modding community has done for dayz, you wouldn't think they would try to make our lives more difficult - arma's enough of a fickle mistress as it is.

@Seven

While I wrote my post you replied.

Just to be clear - to me it's understandable that they fixed the unbanned beta bugs - good work. Still no doubt that it makes it more difficult for private hive owners, but I'm not saying this was the intention - just an effect.
I don't think anyone in this thread is asking for a way to remove zombies, I agree, go play arma 2 or wasteland or something. Again, not sure if anyone is complaining that zeds are too hard either - mostly I at least am disappointed in the update's actual additions in terms of real content/gameplay. The updates the zombies are pretty weak, I would say.

Anyways, I'm not trying to tell anyone what to develop, or do at all - I'm just saying I'm disappointed, and I feel like the update was kind of a shot at the community, whether intentional or not.

Some people seem to have this elitist view that if you're not running around with only a machete to defend yourself hunting for cans of food you're not playing the game right and should go play call of duty.

Let people play the game the way they want to. If you don't like apaches, there are plenty of servers where they aren't spawned. Don't sit there and dictate to everyone else how they should play the game, especially to server owners who are paying good money just to play how they like.

I haven't really been active in recent weeks, but this thread has lots of overly aggressive statements... MY WAY OR NO WAY type shit... And honestly, if you hold such an aggressive stance, you're just being an idiot.

1) IT'S A GAME. Play it how you see fit. Don't FORCE others to play your way or believe your way is the RIGHT way. If people agree with the direction your server has taken, they will join and play. And honestly - there's a niche for everyone... seriously... EVERYONE has a slightly different take on what they like/dislike so I'm sure there's a server out there for you.

2) Lets drop the bitching and speak constructively, rather than complain about what rocket has done wrong or right, lets discuss on what *WE* can do to improve things, toss around ideas and perhaps come up with something new and interesting.... opendayz has had so many awesome creations that it blows my mind that we've derailed into the such petty disputes.

3) Zombies are not real. There are no official rules to what zombies can or cannot be. MY personal preference is having an assload of zombies and I literally mean an assload but unable to run. That isn't for everyone and I'm not saying it is.
My gaming background is strictly PvP oriented but my love for zombies (but hatred for horror) since a decade ago... had me INSTANTLY jump on this game when I first heard of it because of the idea that surviving would be fun and challenging, both from a solo and group perspective as well as player conflict wise.

At first the game was great, but it really didn't take off until the modding community came around and made new maps, scripts and all sorts of great things that really spiced up the game in a ton of unique ways. So lets not bitch each other out and just get back to what we are ALL passionate about.. Focus on that instead, either the love of zombies, survival, pvp or just coding / running a server... We all here have a passion for some aspect of DayZ.. and we should stick to that as the common point rather than the details that divide us.

If you hosted a server for the scars/m8,s/ vehicles, etc, you PROBABLY misunderstood the point of the game you were hosting, and should go host a BF4 Server.. :)

Read: "You don't like to play the game the way I do, so you misunderstand the point of the game (because it obviously isn't to have fun)"

Heres the thing, my server included all the scars and whatnot as rare collector items that had practicality. It created a fun little endgame of groups of people killing each other for possession the one m32 grenade launcher on the server. Now that all those weapons are banned because my server hoster forced us to 1.7.7 the entire crowd of regulars on my server have left.

I (nor any other private hive server actually) forces other servers to play by their rules. In fact, the main reason I run a server is to play by my own rules, creating my own experience. I find it intolerable that such freedom was ripped away for seemingly no purpose.

IT'S A GAME. Play it how you see fit. Don't FORCE others to play your way or believe your way is the RIGHT way.

I could not agree more with this. In fact, I agree with everything Manatee Hunter said.

Isn't this half the reason why we create these private servers? To create the situations that we want to play, and that others may want to play with us too?

I for one have a setup very different to most servers, and I like it much better. Zombies are strength in numbers, rather than being able to outrun you. You can give yourself a bloodbag. You can flip a vehicle. You can remove parts from vehicles. A few custom bases added around the map.

The whole reason I got in to getting this set up and working, is because I couldn't find a server that suited the way that I wanted to play the game, or if I could, it had terrible connection, or too many players. Almost all of the time I play my server, I play it alone. When I'm not playing it alone, there are two others maximum playing it with me, and they're people that I know and trust, under a password protected server.

Because that's the way that I like to play. There are still a few big servers I'll play on from time to time, but right now, for me, this is what I like doing.

And that's pretty much the whole point of running a private server. To do something different, the way you want it to have it done.

If this is being argued about, then this entire community may as well not even exist, because the point of this community is to customize your server the way you want it, not to enforce some overarching 'this is how it's meant to be done' style.

@ mmmyum

@Nextasy - new member, only posts are in this thread and one other where you try to berate some noobs about not understanding how to fix some script for 1.7.7....and you don't even post your solution. Really dude? While I agree, you should try to understand scripts if you run a server, you don't have to be an ass about it -- and the reality is that there are a lot of noobs out there who are going to run a server and know nothing. And so now you come in here with this big attitude - it's pretty laughable, I can't imagine many people will take you seriously. Anyways, you've shown your ignorance, thanks for your thoughts.

Only because you are a major contributor to this website that I do not take the time to make you feel like an idiot for your post.
I will however, address your points directed at me briefly and quickly.

1) Not a new member, been here since January (maybe not as long as other, but not "new" either)

2) I never called anyone a noob. You did. And that post is my opinion, you don't like it, you can **** off, I don't care what you think.

3) I'll post the solution soon, as I already spend a considerable amount of my time on my teamspeak and another's helping Admins with their server. You wouldn't know that, and I don't care if you do or not. You are not my priority.

4) It's call freedom of speech dude, I can be an ass if I want to about it, It's just my way. I don't step on you, don't tread on me.

5) The reality is, just because a bunch of kids know swear words, doesn't mean they should be allowed to use them. Everyone needs to learn somewhere, I just get upset when someone makes a post exclaiming "these don't work on 1.7.7" That's how nasty rumors get started.

6) You damn right I come in here with a big attitude. Big dick too, Why don't we piss about that too? I don't owe anything to anybody, why would I apologize for being me? Again, Leave your opinions of me out of it, we'll get nowhere fast.

7) The only laughable thing is that you spent as much time as I did (less than 2 minutes I'm sure) wasting both our time and energy for a rather redundant pissing war on a thread neither of us cares about and is absurdly off topic. I had two likes on my post, and anyone in my or the other two team speak channels I frequent take me seriously and they know my quality. I don't expect to be liked by everyone, and am not intending to.

And thanks for your thoughts, they were not necessary and did not do anything to further or improve anything

Nextasy-

Back