1.8.5 Vanilla on Other Maps

sidereal6

Curious if anyone has looked into running DayZMod 1.8.5 on maps other than Chernarus. It appears they've implemented an odd vehicle spawn system in which the specific spawn locations are hardcoded in the mod - which means they are specific to Chernarus.

Have you tried it on any other map? In fa_hivemaintenance there is a bit about vehicles and it uses this code
Code:
#ifndef VEH_MAINTENANCE_DONT_BE_SMART
    if (!_found) then { // we failed to find a suitable position around current one, so respawn vehicle
        _worldCenter = getArray(CONFIGBASE_VEHMAINTENANCE >> (worldName) >> "center");
        _worldRadius = getNumber(CONFIGBASE_VEHMAINTENANCE >> (worldName) >> "spawnRadius");

That looks like it will find a coordinates for multiple maps since it uses the (worldName) variable so it appears that the code is at least meant to be portable to other maps.

Last edited:
I thought Dayz moved to an Epoch-like dynamic vehicle spawn rather than using the database ... but I guess not.
I looked at the SQL file and it shows the object_spawns.sqf file is filled with vehicle spawn locations for Chernarus.
Code:
INSERT INTO `object_spawns` (`ObjectUID`, `Classname`, `Worldspace`, `Inventory`, `Hitpoints`, `MapID`, `Last_changed`) VALUES
    (30728533, 'UAZ_Unarmed_TK_EP1', '[0,[12140.168, 12622.802,0]]', '[[[], []], [["20Rnd_762x51_DMR"], [5]], [[], []]]', '[["palivo",1],["motor",1],["karoserie",1],["wheel_1_1_steering",1],["wheel_1_2_steering",1],["wheel_2_1_steering",1],["wheel_2_2_steering",1]]', '', NULL),
If that is the case, then updating the spawn locations is not a problem. What you need to do is use the 3d editor and place the vehicles where you want them to spawn (on your different map).
Then we create a php script that will update the object_spawns table with the new locations.
I am assuming that the object_spawns table is just the spawn locations and during server startup pmain executes and spawns in destroyed/missing vehicles by creating entries in the object_data table.

Back