100% Custom Loot tables - TUTORIAL

just change in CfgBuildingLoot.hpp
Code:
lootChance =
for classes like Residental, Military, etc...
you can also add another lootspawns to buildings via CfgBuildingPos. i saw somewhere in this forum a tool from razor which copies these buildingsposition to your clipboard when in editor.

and in variables.sqf

Code:
dayz_lootSpawnBias = 67; // between 50 and 100. The lower it is, the lower chance some of the lootpiles will spawn

i just removed all trash and crap spawns and have better loot than in 1.7.6.1

// another interesting values in variables.sqf:

Code:
dayz_animalDistance = 800;
dayz_zSpawnDistance = 1000;

dayz_maxLocalZombies = 40; // max quantity of Z controlled by local gameclient, used by player_spawnCheck. Below this limit we can spawn Z
dayz_maxMaxModels = 80; // max quantity of Man models (player or Z, dead or alive) around players. Below this limit we can spawn Z
dayz_maxMaxWeaponHolders = 80; // max quantity of loot piles around players. Below this limit we can spawn some loot
dayz_spawnArea =  200; // radius around player where we can spawn loot & Z
dayz_safeDistPlr = 50; // Any loot & Z won't be spawned closer than this distance from any player
dayz_cantseeDist = 150; // distance from which we can spawn a Z in front of any player without ray-tracing and angle checks
dayz_cantseefov = 70; // half player field-of-view. Visible Z won't be spawned in front of any near players
dayz_canDelete = 300; // Z, further than this distance from its "owner", will be deleted
dayz_lootSpawnBias = 67; // between 50 and 100. The lower it is, the lower chance some of the lootpiles will spawn
dayz_localswarmSpawned = 10;  // how many zeds will spawn around you during a combat scenario.

Modiffed 'lootchance' works, 'dayz_lootSpawnBias' looks like not.

I have converted my 17.6.1 loot tables into new layout, increased 'lootchance' to 1 and my players still complains for lack of loot sometimes. I was testing it for hours yesterday and Im already tired of this...
Same loot tables in 1.7.6.1 and loot was on every spawn point, here, in 1.7.7 looks like loot is respawning only when new zeds are spawned on player area. Something doesn't work as it have to.

Have no idea at all how to fix this, anyone ?

What about messing with these a lil, think that would help also?

dayz_lootDelay = 3;
dayz_lootWait = -300;

Settings are the same in 1.7.6.1. But just above the line

Code:
    dayz_spawnDelay =        300;
    dayz_spawnWait =        -300;

In 1.7.6.1 =

Code:
    dayz_spawnDelay =        120;
    dayz_spawnWait =        -120;

Work on my server, increase loot spawn in buildings. In variables.sqf increase this value:

Code:
dayz_maxMaxWeaponHolders = 80; // max quantity of loot piles around players. Below this limit we can spawn some loot

You can also reduce Spawndelay and Spawnwait like my post above (sorry for my bad english)

When im testing to join my server for the SPAWNING WITH CUSTOM LOOT im getting kicked out the game reason : script restriction #20 ... Do you know what i have to do ..?

and for increase the loot % I just need add the
#include "cfgBuildingLoot.hpp"

Code:
#include "carradio\description.h"
respawn = "BASE";
respawndelay = 5;
onLoadMission= "DayZ Chernarus";
OnLoadIntro = "Welcome to Chernarus";
OnLoadIntroTime = False;
OnLoadMissionTime = False;
disabledAI = true;
disableChannels[]={0,2,6};
enableItemsDropping = 0;
onPauseScript = "";
briefing = 0;
[FONT=Consolas][FONT=Georgia]debriefing = 0;
[/FONT][/FONT]

and these files with the lootChance = 1 (for example)

- CfgBuildingLoot.hpp
- CfgBuildingPos.hpp
- CfgLoot.hpp

right?

Heys guys I'm trying to get the new loot tables to work on my 1.7.7 server and i get this error in the .rpt log:
Code:
ErrorMessage: File mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\cfgBuildingLoot.hpp, line 407: Config: '0' encountered instead of ','
Any Idea what could be causing this? I ahve all the configfile converted to missionconfigfile

Heys guys I'm trying to get the new loot tables to work on my 1.7.7 server and i get this error in the .rpt log:
Code:
ErrorMessage: File mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\cfgBuildingLoot.hpp, line 407: Config: '0' encountered instead of ','
Any Idea what could be causing this? I ahve all the configfile converted to missionconfigfile

u touch that file to change drops chance right? sounds like u did a typo
{"Sa58V_EP1","weapon",0.02}, I guess u forgot the ","

Got this all put in with the help of Toina's post but now i recive these errors in my rpt file from helicrashes and some for infected camps and stuff.

Code:
_position = [_position,(>
2:44:19  Error Zero divisor
2:44:19 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_spawnCrashSite.sqf, line 85
2:44:19 "CRASHSPAWNER: Loot spawn at 'Crashed UH-1Y - [4269.94,7958.59,0]' with loot table ''"
2:44:19 Error in expression <s select _index;
_itemType = _itemTypes select _index;
Code:
_position = [_basePos,_l>
2:44:21  Error Zero divisor
2:44:21 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\fn_bases.sqf, line 35
2:44:21 Error in expression <"];
};
Code:
_item = createV>
2:44:21  Error Undefined variable in expression: _iclass
2:44:21 File z\addons\dayz_code\compile\spawn_loot.sqf, line 14
2:44:21 "Infected Camps: Loot spawn at 'Camp2_Small:[6974.56,11193.8,0]' with loot table ''"
2:44:21 Error in expression <COLLIDE"];
_clutter setPos _position;

Thats just some of them. Anyone knows what i forgot? thanks =)

Also disabled all trash in variables.sqf and even uncommented trash/chemlights in the .hpp files but i still see trash and chemlights mmh

and for increase the loot % I just need add the

Code:
#include "carradio\description.h"
respawn = "BASE";
respawndelay = 5;
onLoadMission= "DayZ Chernarus";
OnLoadIntro = "Welcome to Chernarus";
OnLoadIntroTime = False;
OnLoadMissionTime = False;
disabledAI = true;
disableChannels[]={0,2,6};
enableItemsDropping = 0;
onPauseScript = "";
briefing = 0;
[FONT=Consolas][FONT=Georgia]debriefing = 0;
[/FONT][/FONT]

and these files with the lootChance = 1 (for example)

- CfgBuildingLoot.hpp
- CfgBuildingPos.hpp
- CfgLoot.hpp

right?

I tryied again, modded lootchance = 1 an like the quote, and nathing, what I doing wrong?

Sorry, I've been extremely busy the last couple of days. When I'm free I will update the tutorial to 1.7.7 layout.

Any chance for this soon? I tried the previous discussed method but it's unclear (to me) in some spots.

Thanks!

Back