(A plot for life) Compiles.sqf overwriting my custom compiles

Sandman207

I am trying to install "a Plot 4 Life" script and every time I install it, it breaks the server I've tried //'ing their compiles (A plot for life) That didn't work, When i did get it working it breaks my AI missions, Roaming AI, Dance around the Campfire, and Deploy Bike, The bike kills you Same wth spawned in temp vehicles. Here is the download link for the Compiles ( I have my own custom Compiles aswell) if anyone would like to help me merge the compiles together or point me in the right direction Any help is appreciated.

DropBox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vfy5c1zwp3xugf2/OpenDayz.rar?dl=0

Best thing is to Google your problems first, now with the bikes killing players you need to add your bike class name to your custom variables.sqf safe vehicles. Ive never looked at plot for life so no clue there.

if you had not zipped them i could help you right now while i am at work, but i cant unrar on my cellphone. but the compiles is easy. make sure your plot compiles has only lines in it that are not in your normal compiles so it doesnt overwrite your current scripts.

if you had not zipped them i could help you right now while i am at work, but i cant unrar on my cellphone. but the compiles is easy. make sure your plot compiles has only lines in it that are not in your normal compiles so it doesnt overwrite your current scripts.
I've //'d everything that was identical and it still broke it. Here are the unziped files. If you want to take a look
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wljwgiw2o1wg3z9/OURcompiles.sqf?dl=0 - My Compiles
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jv9qc9np9rc5eh2/THEIRcompiles.sqf?dl=0 - Their Compiles

thier compiles has some of their custom code, some mod dayz_epoch code and i am sure i saw snap build in there too. looks like a mess.

what i would do is copy the lines that point to a,file in plot pole for life folder, into the bottom of your compiles.sqf. or delete all the lines that point to a file in z/addons/dayz_code. those are the default files that are overwriting your custom,files
Code:
BIS_Effects_Burn =                 compile preprocessFile "\ca\Data\ParticleEffects\SCRIPTS\destruction\burn.sqf";
    player_zombieCheck =             compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_zombieCheck.sqf";    //Run on a players computer, checks if the player is near a zombie
    player_zombieAttack =             compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_zombieAttack.sqf";    //Run on a players computer, causes a nearby zombie to attack them

if you upload your mission folder, i can see,exactly what is what and can do this for you in just a few minutes.

thier compiles has some of their custom code, some mod dayz_epoch code and i am sure i saw snap build in there too. looks like a mess.
what i would do is copy the lines that point to a,file in plot pole for life folder, into the bottom of your compiles.sqf. or delete all the lines that point to a file in z/addons/dayz_code. those are the default files that are overwriting your custom,files
Code:
BIS_Effects_Burn =  compile preprocessFile "\ca\Data\ParticleEffects\SCRIPTS\destruction\burn.sqf";
  player_zombieCheck =  compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_zombieCheck.sqf";  //Run on a players computer, checks if the player is near a zombie
  player_zombieAttack =  compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\day.
Heres the link to my mission file, Had to zip this one because of dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ccq8q9fph5it717/DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus.rar?dl=0

If you could fix that it would be amazing, been working on it for 3 days, no luck. Thanks for your help

Code:
BIS_Effects_Burn =                 compile preprocessFile "\ca\Data\ParticleEffects\SCRIPTS\destruction\burn.sqf";
    player_zombieCheck =             compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_zombieCheck.sqf";    //Run on a players computer, checks if the player is near a zombie
    player_zombieAttack =             compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_zombieAttack.sqf";    //Run on a players computer, causes a nearby zombie to attack them

if you upload your mission folder, i can see,exactly what is what and can do this for you in just a few minutes.
Sorry, Wasn't thinking I probably should have linked you to the script\
http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php...your-buildables-on-death-take-plot-ownership/
If you find anything i'm so curious to know, I feel like i've tried everything lol

IMHO that was a poorly implemented instruction set and custom files. If you have modified your server at all it wants you to replace your already customized files with theirs which dont contain your current customizations.

This right here MIGHT be working. I merged the files I could with your existing files. Let me know what the status is, errors, whats not working and we will see what I missed or messed up.

http://iaregameplayer.com/smf/index.php?topic=5585.new#new

IMHO that was a poorly implemented instruction set and custom files. If you have modified your server at all it wants you to replace your already customized files with theirs which dont contain your current customizations.

This right here MIGHT be working. I merged the files I could with your existing files. Let me know what the status is, errors, whats not working and we will see what I missed or messed up.

http://iaregameplayer.com/smf/index.php?topic=5585.new#new

Gave that a shot, It did kinda work but still broken, When you scroll wheel on a plot pole it gives you all the plot for life options but when you die you cannot build. Also it completely breaks opening safes, I switched the //'s on the custom compile vault lines back to the default vault lines which did fix the safe problem however you still couldn't build on death. I'm so lost, Never had this much trouble with any other script... I truly appreciate you taking your time to help me out.

delete your RPT log, do your things that don't work, post your fresh RPT. I was pretty sure it wasn't going to work perfectly since its such a convoluted script there were bound to be things I missed.

Did you install the server side files?
add the server_publishfullobject.sqf to your compiles folder
add this line to your server_functions.sqf
Code:
server_publishFullObject =         compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\compile\server_publishFullObject.sqf";

in server_monitor.sqf
find this
Code:
        if (!_wsDone) then {
            if (count _worldspace >= 1) then { _dir = _worldspace select 0; };
            _pos = [getMarkerPos "center",0,4000,10,0,2000,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;
            if (count _pos < 3) then { _pos = [_pos select 0,_pos select 1,0]; };
            diag_log ("MOVED OBJ: " + str(_idKey) + " of class " + _type + " to pos: " + str(_pos));
        };
and insert this code after
Code:
        // Realign characterID to OwnerPUID - need to force save though.

if (DZE_APlotforLife) then {
            if (count _worldspace < 3) then
            {
                _worldspace set [count _worldspace, "0"];
            };       
            _ownerPUID = _worldspace select 2;
        } else {
            _ownerPUID = _ownerID;
        };

I had not looked at the server side code since i assumed you would do that part. But now I see this _ownerPUID variable which might need to be updated in your mission. The plot for life used that variable in a few spots where yours used dayz_character which is the usual value. It didnt seem like I should change those bits of code, but maybe we do have to edit it.

So if you haven't edited the dayz_server.pbo with the above changes, do so and let me know if it works any better. If you already did, then I will edit the _ownerPUID variable and we will see what happens with that. And lets see what the RPT says ....

What the hell is this script supposed to do anyways?
I am working on an Epoch server and to tell the truth, I rather dislike traders and especially the build system. I was considering replacing the build system with the build system from Wasteland, which was partially implemented in the Dayz Base Building 1.3
A lot of Epoch people were using BB1.3 to enhance their epoch building so ... maybe its a better system.
You go to the trader and buy whatever building you want (wall, cabin, gate .. whatever) and you load it into your truck using the R3F logistics. Take it to your base and unload it. The BB1.3 added the idea of a 'plot' I guess with the flagpole delineating your base. I changed that to a campfire so it was less noticeable. And of course the idea of having guards automatically spawn to protect your base is just awesome.
I am not a fan of invulnerable bases or the locked vehicles and vaults because it removes all the risk of losing your gear which is part of the game. I do like the guards, it offers some protection but they can be overcome by force in which case the attackers have EARNED your gear and should be able to take it.

What the hell is this script supposed to do anyways?
I am working on an Epoch server and to tell the truth, I rather dislike traders and especially the build system. I was considering replacing the build system with the build system from Wasteland, which was partially implemented in the Dayz Base Building 1.3
A lot of Epoch people were using BB1.3 to enhance their epoch building so ... maybe its a better system.
You go to the trader and buy whatever building you want (wall, cabin, gate .. whatever) and you load it into your truck using the R3F logistics. Take it to your base and unload it. The BB1.3 added the idea of a 'plot' I guess with the flagpole delineating your base. I changed that to a campfire so it was less noticeable. And of course the idea of having guards automatically spawn to protect your base is just awesome.
I am not a fan of invulnerable bases or the locked vehicles and vaults because it removes all the risk of losing your gear which is part of the game. I do like the guards, it offers some protection but they can be overcome by force in which case the attackers have EARNED your gear and should be able to take it.

Dayz Base Building 1.3 looks Amazing! my players would love that, I don't think we'd like the guards but it did that that was optional. After like 2 hours of going through and doing everything it didn't work D: Got me stuck on wait for host

This is the RPT for Dayz Base Building 1.3 - http://pastebin.com/9GD9p62m

Last edited:
rsclistbox already defined.
those are rather easy fixes in fact I made a video and it's about the I think rsctitle already defined but it works the same way for the list box

if you don't have ai guards then you have to do something like making the base invulnerable and me I always thought that defeats the purpose of Dayz which is fear and disappointment.

i think i am going to work on a simple bb system this weekend for epoch. with optional guards

rsclistbox already defined.
those are rather easy fixes in fact I made a video and it's about the I think rsctitle already defined but it works the same way for the list box

if you don't have ai guards then you have to do something like making the base invulnerable and me I always thought that defeats the purpose of Dayz which is fear and disappointment.

i think i am going to work on a simple bb system this weekend for epoch. with optional guards
I've been stalking this thread, You helped me with this same problem the other day, Having the same problem as him, I thought it worked for a bit but p4l is really bad xD I look forward to seeing your work!

its hard to make changes to someone elses mission and server and just hope it works. i should have a test server for this so i can see what is working and whats not. but i really dont have enough free time for everything.
but i will give this mod another go tonight and i think it will work.

For anyone else who might have this same problem http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/13856-release-indestructible-items-for-1051/ This will allow players to remove plot poles themselves but so far it has broken DZGM group management, It removes the option to right click radio, I've got to do more looking into why when i get some free time, Most likely just a line in there somewhere overwriting something but its defiantly better than dealing with plot for life.

Back