Adding Jets and Heli's

Is there anyway to add jets such as the a10 etc? I have tried using my map tool and it says there there, but there not there in game?I have researched and saw u need to unban them? How?

~Aidan

That was meant tongue planted firmly in cheek. I've never played Overwatch but heard a lot of good things about it.

That was meant tongue planted firmly in cheek. I've never played Overwatch but heard a lot of good things about it.

Overwatch...how shall I put this...

Overwatch=guns & skins & some vehicles.

Nothing more. Otherwise it's just vanilla DayZ. You aren't missing much, if anything. I like Overwatch because of the all the weapons. No other reason.

I'm still working my way through learning it all but I use HFB and do not use RMod. I've added AH64's and Avengers through the traders as well as a slew of launchers, all with no issues or problems. The bought Apaches and Hummers lock just like any of the normal vehicles. I'm quite sure I could add in the A10 as I've spawned it in testing without issue.

Edit: this idiot poster just realized this is the Overwatch forum section. Please point your finger and laugh at me now.

I thought overwatch had rmod built into it the same as epoch.

Overwatch is a better version of regular dayz. I like it better than epoch. Epoch caters to newbs and cry babies who dont want people to steal their stuff and rage quit when it does happen.

I Did get banned vehicles to spawn by adding them through the editor and creating a private value to the added vehicles in server_updateObject.sqf

like this

/*
[_object,_type] spawn server_updateObject;
*/
private ["_myCustom","_object","_type","_objectID","_uid","_lastUpdate","_needUpdate","_object_position","_object_inventory","_object_damage","_isNotOk","_parachuteWest","_firstTime","_object_killed","_object_repair","_isbuildable"];

_object = _this select 0;

if(isNull(_object)) exitWith {
diag_log format["Skipping Null Object: %1", _object];
};

_type = _this select 1;
_parachuteWest = ((typeOf _object == "ParachuteWest") or (typeOf _object == "ParachuteC"));
_myCustom = ((typeOf _object == "A10") or (typeOf _object == "F35B") or (typeOf _object == "Su25_Ins"));
_isbuildable = (typeOf _object) in dayz_allowedObjects;
_isNotOk = false;
_firstTime = false;

_objectID = _object getVariable ["ObjectID","0"];
_uid = _object getVariable ["ObjectUID","0"];

if ((typeName _objectID != "string") || (typeName _uid != "string")) then
{
diag_log(format["Non-string Object: ID %1 UID %2", _objectID, _uid]);
//force fail
_objectID = "0";
_uid = "0";
};
// Epoch Admin Tools
if (_object getVariable "MalSar" == 1) exitWith {};
if (!_myCustom and !_parachuteWest and !(locked _object)) then {
if (_objectID == "0" && _uid == "0") then
{
_object_position = getPosATL _object;
_isNotOk = true;
};
};

I believe they won't be visible to other players or some such. This question has been asked since dayz existed and started banning arma vehicles. The only way that works is via a new mod.

mine are visible to all players
I also had to add to description.ext
#include "CfgBanned\CfgVehicles.hpp
and created a new CfgVehicles.hpp

I think that's how I did it
its been awhile

mine are visible to all players
I also had to add to description.ext
#include "CfgBanned\CfgVehicles.hpp
and created a new CfgVehicles.hpp

I think that's how I did it
its been awhile
if you ever feel like sharing I'd love to know. I use infiSTAR and there are some jets and heli's that must be specific to overwatch on the list that you can't actually spawn. I've help admin an epoch server and those particular jets are not on the epoch list. Also there are some tanks. I'll come back and edit this when I have those class names in case anyone is interested.

I have since updated server and have not tried to re add some of the stuff that is banned I really dont remember how I did it
I remeber this video helped
fast forward to 21:52

I have since updated server and have not tried to re add some of the stuff that is banned I really dont remember how I did it
I remeber this video helped
fast forward to 21:52
I'll give it a go but if it requires creating custom code Im SOL lol thanks bud.

Back