Adding Skins

fouc

Hi all !

I would like to add skins for my players but not only with wardrobes or other similar tools.
I would like to be able to have the real skin, by that I mean the item :
clothing.png

I tried to add for example : http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14070&highlight=FORCE+RECON+BLACK+RESKIN

So I created a custom variables.sqf to add these skins in AllPlayers (Epoch server). I can use it but I cannot change the skins as there is no existing item like for classic skins (Skin_xxx_DZ").

So could someone can help me to make it and item ? I know that it is possible as for exemple those skins were used in Overwatch !

Many thanks in advance.
fouc.

There's no way to add new skins that are not already in arma without modifying both the client and server files.
There is also no way to add new items into the game without modifying CfgMagazine.hpp which requires client modifications.

If you wanted to do this, you would have to create your own version of Epoch and require everyone who wants to play on your servers to have your version of the files.

Thanks for the quick answer ! Making my own client files and make it a requirement for players is not an issue for me.

So could you please explain me how to make it ?
Many thanks.

Thanks for the quick answer ! Making my own client files and make it a requirement for players is not an issue for me.

So could you please explain me how to make it ?
Many thanks.

I believe you need to first of all add the PBO addon into the Epoch modpack, then define the skins in CfgVehicles as units, then add the new items to CfgMagazines, then adjust the loot tables to add the items to the map, then add the skin models to the allowed skins array in variables.sqf, and then I think you may have to look at humanityMorph and add the models, maybe not. You would need to update the files on the server side as well to match. You also need to change your description.ext to make the server ask the client to have the addon installed.

I just know what generally has to be done, but I've never done it, so I wouldn't consider myself a source of information on how to do it. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable about the subject can help you.

I had thought I was making some progress on this by making custom CfgSurvival, CfgMagazine and CfgVehicle files, but the server doesn't appreciate calling a custom CfgVehicle, at least not for me. I think it'd all have to be done internally in the Epoch files maybe? I was just kind of fumbling my way along. I just want those STALKER skins for my players!

I had a go at this for warm clothes before the 0.75 update of Namalsk. It worked, but it knocked out the rest of epoch eg: I could no longer bandage, craft etc. I know why; the missioncfg file needed editing for these items too, but it's certainly possible. I think MGT have done this.

I'm considering having another go as the available items are extensive, but not enough for some purposes. I'll let you know when/if I do so I can help.

Back