Adding snow to your server

I actually have no problems with having no rain and just having snow instead... Especially if it fluctuates rather than being so static.

I'm going to throw this on today and see how it turns out.

Just had a quick look. Unfortunately it won't work with temperature.

Rain is checked in the fn_temperatur.sqf (yes that's how it's spelt!) like this:
Code:
_raining= if(rain > 0) then {true} else {false};

Since snow isn't a 'real' weather effect there's no scripting command to check it. I sent a quick message to sumrak on the BIS forums and I'm hoping he can point out what I'm doing wrong with public variables.

I wonder if in the dynamicwesther you can add a public var to tell if snowing is true then add it to the temp script

That's what I tried to do, unfortunately I've never used a public variable so I'm a complete noob when it comes to then.

It looks fairly simple.
http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/publicVariable

it seems like just putting this in your snowing script will work
Code:
publicvariable "mypublicvariable";

if you get it to publish that when it's snowing, then slotting this into your fn_temperatur.sqf (at the start of the negative effects) *should* work:

Code:
if (mypublicvariable) then {
_difference = _difference - _snow_factor
};

I can't test from work but it should be fine.

A quick note, make sure your not publishing the variable unnecessarily. Once at the start and once at the finish is enough. Spamming public variables will hurt performance, so try not to put it in a small while/do loop or anything!

@ Omer Thx very interesting knowledge. Although I am currently rewriting and testing createVehicle.

But what does os and n mean in your script? and does it have to be this complete.
!"osATL _anomaly select 2)-2.5];\n\n_light = \"#lightpoint\" createVehicleLocal getpos _anomaly;\n_light setLightBrightness 0.05;\n_ligh"

Or will the following work too.

!"osATL _anomaly select "

Hi !!!
я исправил script.txt

Attachments

• scripts.txt
    43.9 KB · Views: 31
is there a way to get it to have the clear skies and everything with a viewdistance of 3000, but randomly have a chance to rain or snow with the effects that each have?

is there a way to get it to have the clear skies and everything with a viewdistance of 3000, but randomly have a chance to rain or snow with the effects that each have?

Sure you could edit the dynamicweather sqf but wouldn't it be a little weird with sunny skies and snow or rain pouring down :)

Awesome post!
What you need to edit on Scripts.txt in order to not get kicked:
Go to setfog and add

Go to setOverCast and add

Go to SetViewDistance and add

Yea I know i did this in a weird way but its working

i did that and doesnt work .. or i added wrong? i replace the old one with this one's?
and i get stuck on loading screen after saving everything?

Sure you could edit the dynamicweather sqf but wouldn't it be a little weird with sunny skies and snow or rain pouring down :)
I'm talking about having 3 different weather situations that would randomly be chosen. So it would either be raining, snowing or clear skies. Each would have their own weather dynamics. Just wondering if it would be possible.

Man, Im super new to this, but people on my server would love to have this. Would anyone be willing to help me? I have skype and or teamviewer! Just PM me, let me know. Any help would be much appreciated!

I was getting #21 ";
_alpha = 0.02 + random 0.02;
_ps = "#particlesource" createVehicleLocal _pos;
_ps setParticleParams [["\Ca\Data\ParticleEffect"

I fixed it by adding:
!"_alpha = 0.02 + random 0.02;\n_ps = \"#particlesource\" createVehicleLocal _pos;\n_ps setParticleParams [["\Ca\Data\ParticleEffect"

to my createvehiclelocal line.

I was getting #21 ";
_alpha = 0.02 + random 0.02;
_ps = "#particlesource" createVehicleLocal _pos;
_ps setParticleParams [["\Ca\Data\ParticleEffect"

I fixed it by adding:
!"_alpha = 0.02 + random 0.02;\n_ps = \"#particlesource\" createVehicleLocal _pos;\n_ps setParticleParams [["\Ca\Data\ParticleEffect"

to my createvehiclelocal line.
server Reality(Bliss) ?

So I am new to this, and I am trying to piece together all of milk and graz's post to try and randomize snow (chernarus). I guess, if it's not too hard, could one of you do a step by step? What file goes where. I don't care about temperature, just want it to snow instead of rain.

Back