Adding snow to your server

Audio Rejectz

Help and discussion for adding snow to your server begins here...
I'm gonna give this a try! Where is the effects.sqf located or do I actually create that file and then pack into my mission.pbo? Then add the code to my init.sqf?

Great posts, hopefully more people will see this! And just btw, theres a bug, after i installed this my players would get kicked for Script Restriction #21, weird, but eh
@survivorcarl - Yeah you need to create the file, i have update it all to make it a little clearer.

@Samirocks - Same mate, i edit the post to point it out. there's a few of the scripts you will need to change #21 and i think something like #47 - i may be wrong.

I checked #21 and it was set to 1, after an hour of trying to fix it, i just ended up deleting my scripts.txt xD

Just be careful with that mate because hackers will kill your server unless it's locked. Thats the reason i cant remember which ones it is though, because i deleted all mine lol. As it's a one man test server i dont need them, only knew about them when i gave the pbo to our server admin

Haha yeah i knew it was gunna be dangerous, but i couldnt wait for the snow, and i promised my server i would implement it ^_^ Also, my players have asked constantly, does this affect your tempature? Similiar to namalsk? If not, did you ever plan on adding that in?

I can put it in pretty easy, though when i do i don't want it snowing 24/7 so ill give it a chance to..Ill update it when i get time to do it.

Awesome post!
What you need to edit on Scripts.txt in order to not get kicked:
Go to setfog and add
!"0 setfog bis_fog;" !"tviewdistance 900;" !"bis_fog = 0.8;" !"setviewdistance 900;" !"0 setovercast 0.9;" !"0 setrain 1;"

Go to setOverCast and add
!"0 setfog bis_fog;" !"tviewdistance 900;" !"bis_fog = 0.8;" !"setviewdistance 900;" !"0 setovercast 0.9;" 1"0 setrain 1;"

Go to SetViewDistance and add
!"setviewdistance 900;"

Yea I know i did this in a weird way but its working

Awesome post!
What you need to edit on Scripts.txt in order to not get kicked:
Go to setfog and add

Go to setOverCast and add

Go to SetViewDistance and add

Yea I know i did this in a weird way but its working

Eh! Pleased to see you got on ok and sorry about the wait. If you pm pwnoz0r, hopefully he can work something out for you.

I tried your No Fog version by creating the nofog.sqf and adding your code. Then called it from my init.sqf using

// NoFog:
if (!isDedicated) then {
[] execVM "nofog.sqf";
};

I am getting kicked for battle eye script restriction #84 before even making into the actual gameplay. I host using DayZ.ST which doesn't provide access to the battle eye scripts. We only have access to:

dayz_mission.pbo
dayz_server.pbo

I guess I am still searching lol!!!

Ersan is sound @ Days.st ask him if he will edit the scripts.txt for you and he may do it,if he wants to know why aim him at this post.

I was trying to do this to make it snow on christmas day but couldn't get it to work. Is there any way to make night time always clear and stary without affecting daytime cycle?

My apologies. I am new to hosting and scripting. Could you extend a helping hand and please tell me where I might find the mission.pbo file within my directory structure? I located one file, however, it did not contain the ini.sqf file.

Greatly appreciated and very nice work.

-Yorto

In your steam Arma 2 OA directory (where you put your @Dayz / @Hive / cfgdayz folders etc) is a folder called MPmissions. It is the one there most likely called dayz_1.chernarus

i have to say i tryed this out to but the snow is not working im geting all the fog and stuff but no snow at all
im not sure if i have done somthink wrong :(

Audio is this your script?

I've written a random function into the effects .sqf and am testing it now. Would you be interested in integrating it into your script?

Also you should throw this into the dayz community github and see if R4ZOR bites.

@ Graz It's not written by me mate, ive basically added a couple of bits to it but the majority is a combination of BI's and JW's work.
By all means if you manage to integrate a random function that would be great, ive a lot of work on this week so doubt im going to have anytime to play about with stuff

Limit are your graphics settings high enough to see the snow?

I'll look at randomizing the weather properly over the weekend :)

Back