AI on EPOCH walking through walls

Agulot

Sorry if this was discussed before but I did several searches and couldn't find a definitive answer. I play a lot on an Epoch server. Have a great base built from a Long brown barn. However, the AI pretty much ignore the walls and doors I've made. How can I keep the AI out of my base?

AI walking through buildings is something that can't simply be fixed through scripting. Take zombies for example, the DayZ mod devs have said that its simply impossible to make them properly collide with walls and objects. Its also a well known issue with AI in general among the Arma2 community.

I am starting to think the only way of fixing this is to create a server side copy of every built item, but this is something that is just not feasible to do.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
AH that I suppose makes sense. The player built objects are actually player side, not actually server side objects. SO a server side AI/Zed wouldn't even know it's there.

Except that zeds are player side... The Arma developers had a choice, let AI mobiles through when they couldn't find a good path or have them stuck dancing on occasionally odd geometry.

Back