AI spawning in corner of map (Split Thread)

vaevictis

Thanks for the update Buttface.

Edit: Seems the AI are still able to spawn in the sea. South of Kamenka. There are like several of them swimming around.

Pic attached.

am8jfs.png

Last edited:
The AI seem to be spawning at [0,0,0]. Looks like a spawn position marker may be missing so those are the coordinates DZAI is spawning them at. I'll take a look at the marker configs.

After further investigation I believe it's a static spawn that's responsible for spawning AI in the bottom left corner. Do you have any idea which spawn location(s) could be responsible for creating those AI?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Static spawn? are they the ones that spawn due to players being nearby?

If so I'm not sure. On Epoch the debug area is irradiated and players loose blood very rapidly.

I can't imagine a player would get that far out without dying.

What I mean is that a static spawn elsewhere on the map may have invalid spawn markers so the AI are ending up in 0,0,0 regardless of where the original spawn location is. If you could help narrow down which spawn location is responsible it would help immensely.

All I need to know is where players are at the time the AI appear in the corner.

When they spawned I was actually in debug.

A user stupidly drove their vehicle out into debug and I was retrieving it for them.

Would this be why they spawned there? because I was there.

Were there players elsewhere on the map? The only other reason AI would spawn in the corner would be if dynamic AI were spawned for you, but there are already two layers of prevention to stop water spawns.

The main reason I don't think they are dynamic AI is that there are 6 of them and the maximum number for each dynamic spawn is 3.

To find the spawn responsible, try setting DZAI_debugLevel 2 in your config. The next time you see AI spawned in the corner again, check your RPT log for debug output containing "Found spawn position" look at the position coordinates and look for something close to [0,0,0] or small numbers close to that. Then find the name of the responsible static spawn somewhere further below that line.

Last edited:
I split this topic of water-spawning AI into its own thread to increase its visibility to the public. For the time being, the best way to help me narrow down the cause of the problem is to (as said) enable DZAI_debugLevel 2 and sift through all the RPT spam and find all lines similar to this:

Code:
DZAI Extended Debug: Found spawn position at %3 meters away at position %1 after %2 retries.

Where %3 is the distance between the intended and actual spawn position, %1 is the coordinates at which the units spawned, and %2 is how many attempts were made to find a spawning position (max is 4). The problematic spawn we're looking for will show a value for %1 that is very close to [0,0,0], the numbers will be noticeably smaller compared to other similar output.'

I recommend you search for this line using Notepad++'s "Find all in current document" search option.

Shortly after the above RPT output, you should find this output which should tell you the spawn location responsible:

Code:
DZAI Debug: Spawned %1 new AI groups (%2 units total) in %3 seconds at %4 (spawnBandits).

%4 will be the name of the spawn trigger.

To do this the fastest way possible, I recommend either flying across the map in a heli or teleporting using admin tools to activate every static spawn possible and monitor the RPT log for what I noted above.

To narrow down the possible causes, disable all AI vehicle (air/land) patrols if you have enabled any and see if the problem continues. Vehicle-type AI are spawned at [0,0,0] shortly before they are instantly teleported into their assigned vehicles, but if something goes wrong with the vehicle spawning then the AI will remain where they were created.

I've already checked all the spawn point markers and none of them are invalid, and the other static spawns have worked since the beginning of DZAI so it is very unlikely for something to be wrong with them.

Back