Air raid - bombing and siren

Mac, that's quite bizzare, as I can hear them the loudest of all. Or do you mean the whistling sounds as the bomb falls? Just change _sounddist to whatever distance you want (in meters). NOTE: you can also change the volume of each sound individually in the cfgSounds part of description.ext - the DB level is there.

Hi again, I should of mentioned I'm using your static airaid system. The sirens work fine and I can hear the whistling of the bombs droping, it's just the explosion which is missing. Here is the code for the type 1 bomb, what do I edit? I should add that I'm running a pre-release 1.7.7 server from R4ZOR49.

Code:
If (_choise == 1) then {
    _espl = createVehicle ["SH_105_HE",position _sound,[], 0, "NONE"];
    };

BTW, if I select bomb type 3, sirens work, whistling bomb sound works but I get no bombs?

Kind regards

Mac

Hi again, I should of mentioned I'm using your static airaid system. The sirens work fine and I can hear the whistling of the bombs droping, it's just the explosion which is missing. Here is the code for the type 1 bomb, what do I edit? I should add that I'm running a pre-release 1.7.7 server from R4ZOR49.

Code:
If (_choise == 1) then {
    _espl = createVehicle ["SH_105_HE",position _sound,[], 0, "NONE"];
    };

BTW, if I select bomb type 3, sirens work, whistling bomb sound works but I get no bombs?

Kind regards

Mac
Ok - that is very strange. No sounds from the bombs exploding? The way my script works is that it doesn't actually call a sound for the explosions - the sound is built in, automatically played by arma after an explosion.

You can't as far as I know edit the volume of that sound. I don't really know what else to suggest. Maybe something to do with 1.7.7?

Just to get this clear - you can hear the sirens and whistles, and you can see the bombs, but you can't hear the explosions?

Type 3 bomb are maybe not allowed by BE or are banned in dayz probably (they either dont show or are immediately deleted after creation), I use rmod so I'm not 100% sure. Stick to the other two choices, or read through the thread some people have posted other types that may work.

Add me on steam (mmmyum) I will be around part of today/tonight and can maybe jump on the server and give you a hand. Anything weird in the RPT logs? We could maybe add a custom explosion sound as a quick fix.

Got it working, sirens sound good even with the smaller file...could be louder, but not a big deal whatsoever.

Mission file is approx 673k...prior to this it was like 588k.

Mmmyum, thank you very much for taking the time to look at my files, helped a lot!

Got it working, sirens sound good even with the smaller file...could be louder, but not a big deal whatsoever.

Mission file is approx 673k...prior to this it was like 588k.

Mmmyum, thank you very much for taking the time to look at my files, helped a lot!
I'm so glad you got it working! Do you think you could post the final versions of your files for others to use?

Volume - look at the description.ext cfgsounds - there should be a part with 'db' - decibels - this is your volume. It should be a negative value, but you can make it closer to 0 for more volume.

I'm so glad you got it working! Do you think you could post the final versions of your files for others to use?

Volume - look at the description.ext cfgsounds - there should be a part with 'db' - decibels - this is your volume. It should be a negative value, but you can make it closer to 0 for more volume.

I went back to the version I posted and those are the ones that are currently working.

Found here:
http://opendayz.net/threads/air-raid-bombing-and-siren.9464/page-14
Post #277.

All I needed to do was change the folder named 'sounds' to 'sound'.

I wasn't aware one could track the raids in the rpt file. Still new to this stuff. So I tracked the location and was happy to hear the sirens going off. Love the new addition.

Thanks for the volume tip, changing db-6 to db-4...testing asap.

Ok - that is very strange. No sounds from the bombs exploding? The way my script works is that it doesn't actually call a sound for the explosions - the sound is built in, automatically played by arma after an explosion.

You can't as far as I know edit the volume of that sound. I don't really know what else to suggest. Maybe something to do with 1.7.7?

Just to get this clear - you can hear the sirens and whistles, and you can see the bombs, but you can't hear the explosions?

Type 3 bomb are maybe not allowed by BE or are banned in dayz probably (they either dont show or are immediately deleted after creation), I use rmod so I'm not 100% sure. Stick to the other two choices, or read through the thread some people have posted other types that may work.

Add me on steam (mmmyum) I will be around part of today/tonight and can maybe jump on the server and give you a hand. Anything weird in the RPT logs? We could maybe add a custom explosion sound as a quick fix.

Hi,

It's my install of DayZ thats causing the problem, all the other players on the server can hear the explosions ok!

I've installed the JSRS sound mod to test and I can hear the explosions with that mod running.... weird stuff :)

Thanks for the offer of help and thanks again for such a fun bit of code.

Kind regards

Mac

Greetings from Canada Deejay!

Something's going bad in your description.ext - but I can't see what exactly. It says CfgSounds is already defined, do you have another script that adds sounds?

Maybe this?
Code:
//===================piXel 05-02-2013============
#include "addin\fx\descrExt.h"
//=========================end===================
not sure which one of piXel's scripts that is, the dog one?

Basically if you have two CfgSounds sections defined, it will give you that error and not let you log in (stuck on wait for host). So you just have to integrate the two together (add nam eve and puk to your other cfgSounds and add them to it's list).

I guess it could also be from this one #include "addons\SARGE\SAR_define.hpp" but I know people are using sarge's AI with my script so I don't think it is.

Either way, in one of those files you have a cfgSounds defined and you can't have two, that's all!

Hi,

if i delete the entry from the description.ext it works, but no sound found.

Yes, addin I have too. I think it's the dog sound.
But how i integrate the two together ?

I had to do this to get my dogs and air raid working together.
I can provide my descrExt.h file. I should note though, I switched from DayZ.st to Vilayer recently and my air raid script has stopped working. I used my old mission file though so I'm sure it'll just take me to start from fresh, it shouldn't affect this.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/150224402/descrExt.h

Just added the air raid sounds under the dog sounds in descrExt.h instead of in description.ext. I use the tent sleeping script, air raid and dogs. I don't have anomalies, so if you're using those and they have their own sounds that'll be an issue. Basically just compare my file to yours and add/remove sounds accordingly.

It definately isn't the Sarges AI define btw, I've got that too.

@Roxyn, beat me to it! Thanks!

Open addin\fx\descrExt.h in your text editor.

In it should be: class CfgSounds

You need to merge that CfgSounds with my CfgSounds - you have 2 options: move my classes from CfgSounds into descrExt.h, or the opposite (move descrExt.h CfgSounds into mine)

sounds[]={nam,eve,puk}; this line lists all the sounds from CfgSounds - you need to add the class names of any sounds you merge)

Code:
[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=2][FONT=Consolas]class nam[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Consolas][SIZE=2][FONT=Consolas]  {[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Consolas][SIZE=2][FONT=Consolas]    name = "Siren1";[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Consolas][SIZE=2][FONT=Consolas]    sound[] = {\sound\SirenLoopMono.ogg, db-6, 1.0};[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Consolas][SIZE=2][FONT=Consolas]    titles[] = {""};[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Consolas][SIZE=2][FONT=Consolas]  };
This is a class from CfgSounds.

So:
1: copy all the of these classes from one CfgSounds to the other.
2: add newly copied class names to the list here sounds[]=

Code:
        sounds[] =
        {
        bark,growl,teleport,whistleFollow,whistleStay,whistleFind,whistleNon
        };
This list should probably have the other class names in it (nam, eve, puk), but I see that is how Roxyn has her's so I guess it works!

The sirens only play in the city that will be bombed. _sounddist sets the distance that you can hear at.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Gave this another go on my new Epoch (Lingor) server. As far as I can tell, the bombings appear to be working fine (can see all the relevant entries in the arma log). Though, I'm having a small issue with coordinates - I grabbed a set of coordinates from the 3D editor but the bombs aren't dropping where I expect them to.

Is there some sort of conversion required from: (7395.8638,4.4821815,1979.0765)

to the ["name",z,x,y] format in server_airRaid.sqf?

Any help would be appreciated :)

edit: turns out I just had a couple of numbers in the wrong order:

My original coords are in [x,z,y]:

Correct coords should be in [z,x,y]

Thanks to mmmyum for the quick reply :D

Great stuff, I am using a modified version on mine and I really like this. I altered the files so the siren only starts 56 seconds before the first bomb hits with a 400m bombing radius so players really have to hustle right when the siren starts or risk being caught in the bombing. I did have one question though. Is there a way to get the chopper to add into the database so the server controle center will show it on the admin map? I know how to add custom markers to the map but to mark any thing it must be in the instance_vehicles table. Is there a way to add the ai chopper to that table?

@daethan - Sounds awesome, good work! If you're using AI's and they still drop radios, I wrote a little script to send a warning message to players with radios --- could give some of your players a little more warning and gives the radio a purpose in game.

As for your question - I'm afraid it's not really possible without messing with the child 999 hive write commands, and you would have to clean it up (delete from sql database) when it gets deleted by the script. I haven't been messing with writing to the hive yet - but I probably will have to learn it eventually. There are a few threads on it, search for them and try it if you're interested!
Cool idea though, it'd be nice to watch them from the admin map.

Back