Air raid - bombing and siren

Let me ask you this. I run TSW and another admin tool. Would it be safe to take battle eye off? It seems more intrusive than helpful.

in my experience, just what i have noticed playing, majority of BE kicks are due to accident or not knowing wtf just happened lol. As well as excessive server logging that creates performance drops, come to think of it, i havent really seen someone get kicked by BE for a hack its always myself doing the leg work to catch them first hand or TSW catches them spawning a wep or TPing, they all seem to have bypasses, BE is just good to read logs and make the decision yourself imo,

To be honest, I use only battleye. I don't see a need for anything else. Gotcha, TSW, all they add is extra filters. They are no different than battleye and don't scan files. To be honest, someone with hacks could come onto any battleye server as long as their GUID isnt banned. As long as they don't run the hacks, battleye has no reason to ban them, nor will they catch them. Thats why I don't like battleye. Punkbuster or VAC would be much better. Anyway, because the scripts are serverside, if players are getting kicked, then you don't need to worry about anything, because there is nothing in your files, and battleye will detect at least this. All you have to do is adjust your filters accordingly.

If someone figures out the scripts.txt settings and posts them, I will put them in the OP for others.

If someone figures out the scripts.txt settings and posts them, I will put them in the OP for others.
It's kinda obvious really. It's the fact that you are creating vehicles with the script. You need to go through your scripts.txt and on the create vehicle lines, add !"mmmyum_bomb.sqf" to create an exception for the script.

Installed current version on my server for testing purposes. Was going to wait for the nuke option, but I had some free time and no one was on the server at the time. I have yet to be on to see it, but according to my RPT logs, it is working.

3:01:40 "AIRRAID: Starting..."
3:01:42 "AIRRAID: Random Location: 3 | Stary"
3:01:44 "AIRRAID: INCOMING ATTACK: Sounding Siren at: 6143.6 7721.5 | Repeat: 30| Type: 1 | Duration: 60"
3:01:44 "AIRRAID: POS: [6143.6,7721.5,1.5] | TARGET: [6143.6,7721.5,1.5] | SHOULD MATCH"

@Dlcoates1
Nice man! Still working on the nuke option (it has been damn frustrating), but I'm going away for the weekend and won't be able to script until Tuesday. It looks like its working well though!!

@Everyone
I posted some new code today(I think its post 57) that is an attempt at getting an ai chopper to come in and simulate the bombing, then spawn ai units on the ground when it lands, and then flies away leaving the units.
I haven't tested it at all yet - and I won't be able to until Tuesday - so anyone who takes a look at it please let me know!

I'll have my phone though and will try to continue to respond to posts!

have not tried this yet but its looking cool so will be adding it to my server late.

Before i do, is there any way to have it set to random location and a random bomb strength instead of setting 1 2 or 3?

Yes, you can use _randomNumber = (floor(random3)+1) ;
It will set the variable _randomNumber to 1, 2 or 3. Just put the code in, above where choice is, then write
_choice = _randomNumber;
instead of
_choice = 1;
Should work

Cool thanks. will try it in a min and report back later.

If i understood what you said (new to scripting) this should be correct

//////////////////////////SETUP type of bombing and duration
_randomNumber = (floor(random3)+1) ;
_choice = _randomNumber;
_duration = 60;
/////////////////////////

Had a little play with this last night, wasn't able to get the sound files to play but I will have another try tonight.

One thing I was going to definitely change is the way you are targeting your explosions, I think they should spread over a larger area with an element of randomness to the coordinates so people don't get used to the same buildings exploding etc. I think this is a cool little script though and I can see it leading to some fun gameplay.

Had a little play with this last night, wasn't able to get the sound files to play but I will have another try tonight.

One thing I was going to definitely change is the way you are targeting your explosions, I think they should spread over a larger area with an element of randomness to the coordinates so people don't get used to the same buildings exploding etc. I think this is a cool little script though and I can see it leading to some fun gameplay.

Had the same issue with no sounds playing but the bombing worked great.

Also on the new version with AI how would i go about making it random choice between cherno and elektro?

Sorry guys on my phone - leaving for coachella!!- but I will try to respond.

Yes that floor random 6 code looks right. Your RPT should have airraid if it is working correctly.
Right now it should bomb the target area but all around it - because it is picking new safe positions on the ground - so it shouldn't hit the same place twice. But will hit in a circular pattern all around it.
To change it to two locations, just change the number of cases to what you want, then change the random 49 to a count of what you'd like to select.
Check my other world space post sarge had some good advice that will be integrate
- I will be updating the script when I get back from coachella, so it will be a few days!

Back