AI's on hfbservers/epoch?

Im with HFB as well so maybe I can help you out.......

The INIT.sqf file is located in the mission.pbo file.......

Depending on which type of mod you go with for example.....

I run Epoch Chernarus.. So my pbo file is located in the MPMISSIONS folder and is named DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus.pbo

I am assuming you have a pbo manager of some sort in fact I use and recommend pbomanager as it will integrate itself into windows so you can right click and unpack files anywhere...

And yes I use sarge ai on my server if you need or want to use my sarge files let me know I have a pretty good setup
Ive got 2 choppers at every location normally used like south and east coast neaf and nwaf all have 2 choppers flying around I also have different AI on the map everywhere most of the bandis are up north so it gets harder the further north you go.. I also have a few vehicle patrols at different places along the map... So just let me know if you need anything else Im more than happy to share what little I know about this stuff

DOH!

*slaps head*

Goes to show how often I edit a dayz_mission.pbo. I've done this on the DayZ.St servers without an issue.

I have a MPMISSIONS folder, with the DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus.pbo and it has over 16,000 files in it... ?! o_O

Where do I find the FTP username and password? I don't recall seeing an email giving me this information. I've got the db login and just about everything else.

They should have sent you an email with all of that information.. And thats the right name for the epoch chernarus folder.. dont know about 16000 files in it but it might be 16000 bytes or something clean without addons in it

I appreciate the help. I've opened a ticket on what the ftp details are. Once that's covered, I may return with other questions.

HFBservers :
Important files:
@dayZ - Base DayZ files
@dayZ_Epoch Base Epoch Client Files (update on new releases)
@dayZ_Epoch_Server - Base Epoch Server Files (server.pbo files)
HFBChernarusepochPrivate - Base Hive server configuration and connection files (hiveext.ini, config.cfg)
MPMissions/DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus - Missions Files
Don't bother trying to remove the other files. they just come back

(HFB doesn't require the mission files to be PBO'd)

HFB only restricts .exe and .bat files. But if you email the ones you want changed and explain what and why, they will change them out.
They do have a idiot proof config for noobs coming to the game. but they allow for you to customize almost like having your own standalone. I am running 1.0.2.1 with Sarge AI (Brutal): Missions:Survivor City:autorefuel(slow). Lots to do and plent o zeds to boot....

There are several ways I know of. All of which start with using a 3d editor and creating your mission files. There are plenty of good tutorials on you-tube.

Then, either injecting the objects into your SQL DB,
Or adding them directly to your mission.pbo file,
Or adding them in a different mission file and execVM'ing the mission file from your mission init.
It depends on how permanent you want to make the objects.
For items you want to make temporary (i.e. donation type items or donar bases, vehicles) inject them into the database. That way you can remove / edit them without having to edit the init, and mission.pbo files.
For more perm items (like a cool town or base, or content) use your mission.pbo, or the exec method.
That is kinda how I am rolling at the moment.

Yeah I exec them from the init and place them in a folder but you need to download an sqm to server sqm program itll convert the file over to something your server can use...Unless there is another way of doing that I havent seen yet,,

Normally I would edit the map in 3d,
open the saved mission file,
copy/paste all in the converter (which outputs the sql statement),
copy/paste in the DayZ.St database,
restart server or wait for next automated reboot and BAM!...

...all new buildings are where I placed 'em.

HFB db seems to operate a little differently. They don't use the profile and survivor tables, instead they use a character_data table. "deployable" table is defaulted with a bunch more items, which I'm not opposed to.

I've added items to the mission.pbo before (i.e. bridge), but adding to the db for buildings I figure is easier/safer, because of less file manipulations, less reboots and in most cases if the db for a building is messed up the game still loads.

Anyway, it a preference. To each his own... I was just wondering if anyone had experience adding buildings to the db and if there were any tips.

Love the info... keep it coming. Thx

The HFB server uses object_data for damn near everything. Instead of deployable, I put my buildings in the object_data table. Also. I love the hive admin tools that nightmare has made. http://opendayz.net/threads/private-hive-tools-php.7681/ comes with a real nice sql parser for your sqf files, puts them into the object_table database. Although on mine it loses directional data (everything ends up pointing north) He has indicated a new version is coming.

I need help with the AI.

I downloaded the MPMissions/DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus.pbo, upacked it, added the "addon" folder with all the subfolders/files (disabled/commented out the AI heli's), edited the init.sqf and decription.ext as indicated.

Downloaded/unpacked server.pbo from the @DayZ_Epoch_Server and opened server_cleanup.fsm, but could not find the exact lines of information that need changing.

Nothing or no AI's discovered... any suggestions?

Edited note: BTW changed everything back to default copies of pbo's. So it's back to default, for now.

Yeah I exec them from the init and place them in a folder but you need to download an sqm to server sqm program itll convert the file over to something your server can use...Unless there is another way of doing that I havent seen yet,,

Hey masprotech, would you mind uploading your sarge files? I've added the SARGE AI in, but I keep getting kicked for script restriction #0. I think it has to do with the last part of SARGE instructions, where he mentions the scripts.txt. I cannot find scripts.txt anywhere on HFB FTP or control panel. Do you have Battleye installed or are you running without it?

Thanks!

I don't mind one bit but you should know that I don't have battleye enabled on my server. I had the same issues and since my server is passworded no need really to have it if you still want them let me know but I just followed the directions otherwise

Back