Normally I would edit the map in 3d,
open the saved mission file,
copy/paste all in the converter (which outputs the sql statement),
copy/paste in the DayZ.St database,
restart server or wait for next automated reboot and BAM!...
...all new buildings are where I placed 'em.
HFB db seems to operate a little differently. They don't use the profile and survivor tables, instead they use a character_data table. "deployable" table is defaulted with a bunch more items, which I'm not opposed to.
I've added items to the mission.pbo before (i.e. bridge), but adding to the db for buildings I figure is easier/safer, because of less file manipulations, less reboots and in most cases if the db for a building is messed up the game still loads.
Anyway, it a preference. To each his own... I was just wondering if anyone had experience adding buildings to the db and if there were any tips.
Love the info... keep it coming. Thx