Ammo Box writing to Database help

rhammer2003

Hello All.

Well I have successfully added an ammo box to my server DAYZ 1.8 HFB hosted.
now I am having a problem with the database not saving what ever contents I add to the box in game. I know this worked in 1.7.7.1 so I was hoping someone could help me to figure out how to get this same thing working in 1.8
I want to use the boxes as storage form my players at there basses.

Can anyone assist?

I have gotten it saving to database but the ammo crate deletes it self randomly from map stays in db items update properly but it deletes the ammo crate. If you have it so it does not delete any tips. i updated battleye and the safe objects lists

But to get it to save you need to update server_functions, server_updatenearoobject, and server_playersync

those files need to have the object list updated

Swift,

I added the Boxes to all 3 of the files you mentioned but it still does not save whatever is added to them, what did you do to make yours write to the data base?

Ok, I have my ammo box added to all the above files, I have them added to my safe objects as well, what do I need for a custom variables?
If you have this working could you please give me an example of what you did to get it working?

you need to change some file in your dayz_server.pbo:
compile/server_playerSync.sqf
compile/update_nearbyObject.sqf

search in this files for:
Code:
forEach nearestObjects
and add in this line your Ammo-Box

also change inti/server_functions.sqf:
search for
Code:
_allowedObjects

and add also here your ammo-box

dayz_server.pbo done!

make a custom variables in your mission.pbo and add or search for this line:
Code:
SafeObjects

add your ammo-box in it

last step:
in your init.sqf
add after or replace the default variables.sqf with yours
Code:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf";
make it this if you want to replace your variables.sqf
Code:
//call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf";
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\variables.sqf";
or make like this if you want to make your own:
add this:
Code:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\variables.sqf";
after this:
Code:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";
it has to be before the progressLoadingScreen 1.0

This should be done!

and to stop them deleting you need to change ur server_cleanup file

condition=/*%FSM<CONDITION""">*/"((diag_tickTime - _timeNem) > *****)"/*%FSM</CONDITION""">*/;

the **** is how long it will be till its removed I have mine set to my server reset time

and to stop them deleting you need to change ur server_cleanup file

condition=/*%FSM<CONDITION""">*/"((diag_tickTime - _timeNem) > *****)"/*%FSM</CONDITION""">*/;

the **** is how long it will be till its removed I have mine set to my server reset time

that's rubbish, just tell the cleanup.fsm that your box is a safe object and to ignore it.
I'll see what i come up with this evening ;)

Back