[Atmosphere] Radio Chatter Help

hey Stuff and Junk do u have this working on Epoch? i have tried to install it but cant get it to work :/
i sure do. A few things first, (1) did u use the radioChatter.sqf that i updated in this support thread? (2) Did you properly define the sounds in your description.ext?(3) Did you make sure all the paths are correct and case correct? and lastly did you insert the init.sqf line correctly? if you check all these and its still not working then we can move on.

hey Stuff here is my radioChatter.sqf everything else seem fine as i have a intro song and it is working :) and the my.

Int line:

//Run the player monitor
_id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
_playerMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";
_void = [] execVM "R3F_Realism\R3F_Realism_Init.sqf";
_nul = [] execVM "camera\playerspawn.sqf";
_nul = [] execVM "camera\loginCamera.sqf";
[0.99, 60] execVM "Scripts\radioChatter.sqf";

//Lights
//[0,0,true,true,true,58,280,600,[0.698, 0.556, 0.419],"Generator_DZ",0.1] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\local_lights_init.sqf";

radioChatter

waitUntil {!isNil ("dayz_animalCheck")};
sleep 10;

While {alive player} do {

private ["_itemsPlayer","_hasRadio","_playerPos","_message","_broadcastChance"];
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//Init Variables
_broadcastChance = _this select 0;
_sleepTimer = _this select 1;

//Radio Variables
_itemsPlayer = items player;
_hasRadio = "ItemRadio" in _itemsPlayer;

_message = ["radio1","radio2","radio3","radio4","radio5"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

//Make sure player has a radio
if (_hasRadio) then {

//Chance Variables
_spawnRoll = random 1;

if (_spawnRoll <= _broadcastChance) then {

cutText ["Your radio is picking up a transmission.","PLAIN DOWN"];
sleep 3;
//message counter
_rareLocationCounter = 0;
While {_rareLocationCounter < 2} do {
playSound _message;
sleep 30;
_rareLocationCounter = _rareLocationCounter + 1;
};
};
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

sleep _sleepTimer;
};

Thanks S

ok all sounds good but that radioChatter file. If you look back a page or so i updated the code but the initial one, the one your using, was missing a }; from the end of it. I would recommend using the updated version though.

So i use this one? it will work with out the toggle on/off?

waitUntil {!isNil ("dayz_animalCheck")};
sleep 10;

While {alive player} do {

//Init Variables
_msgChance = _this select 0;
_sleepTimer = _this select 1;
vanillaDayz = _this select 2;

_itemsPlayer = items player;
_hasRadio = "ItemRadio" in _itemsPlayer;
_radioOff = player getVariable ["radioOn",false];
_vanillaMsg = ["radio_static","radio_transmission_russian","radio_transmission_wombat"];
_crueMsg = ["radio1","radio2","radio3","radio4","radio5"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

//Make sure player has a radio
if (_hasRadio) then {

//Make sure the radio is turned on
if (!_radioOff) then {

//Chance Variables
_spawnRoll = random 1;

//Roll chance to see if message will be played
if (_spawnRoll <= _msgChance) then {

//Message is going to be played. Notify the player. Comment out to disable notification.
cutText ["Your radio is picking up a transmission.","PLAIN DOWN"];
sleep 3;

//message counter
_msgCounter = 0;

//Change < Num to make sound play more than once. Also adjust sleep time after each message played if you play more than once.
While {_msgCounter < 1} do {

//Play message for default
if (vanillaDayz) then {
//Play message to player only
playSound _vanillaMsg;
sleep 60;
} else {
//Play message to player only
playSound _crueMsg;
sleep 60;
};
//Plus one to counter after each loop.
_msgCounter = _msgCounter + 1;
};
};
};

//Sleep timer. Set in init.sqf
sleep _sleepTimer;
};
};//end loop and restart

yup thats the one. You can remove the check for the radio being on if you want or just add in the switch too so ppl can choose if they wanna have it on.

so im finding that some of the sounds im experimenting with on epoch may not be pre defined. This makes me think i will have to post a way to define the dayz 1.8 sounds too. Just be aware of that if you try to use them.

Hi bro!! u'r radio works well...I am grateful you fo that! Plz tell that I need to add specifically in *init\desc-on\radioChatte\fn_selfActions (files)* that there would be a function *on\off radio*? Idle time I made radio earlier than you laid out a guide on installations of functions *on\off*

Hi bro!! u'r radio works well...I am grateful you fo that! Plz tell that I need to add specifically in *init\desc-on\radioChatte\fn_selfActions (files)* that there would be a function *on\off radio*? Idle time I made radio earlier than you laid out a guide on installations of functions *on\off*
im not really sure what your asking but i assume its about where to put your code for the on/off switch. You must already be using an overwritten fn_selfActions.sqf file. You need to paste the code i posted a few posts back into it where it says. You have to also use the latest update i posted for radioChatter.sqf to use the on/off switch.

everyone will need to change the init line from
[0.99, 60] execVM "Scripts\radioChatter.sqf";

to

null = [0.99, 60] execVM "Scripts\radioChatter.sqf";

just realized this needed to be added.

i have been gettin the playsound command bugs where if it plays for one person it plays for all persons. The _null stopped that and made it a per player loop.

Back