[Atmosphere] Radio Chatter Help

i think maybe your fn_selfActions.sqf calling is invalid? do you call fn_selfAction from your custom compiles.sqf?

yeah i do mate, and the other scripts that use it work! its a great addition this is really want it working but its drivin me crazy lol

One idea is to test call a sound you know working, say you use another script that uses sound that is working, it may be the soundfiles themselves that has to low db frequency

ill try that, i have open credits playing walking dead theme tune, Blurs voice commands as well and they work, i appreciate this mate

Hi, back for round 2!

Could this be implemented with say.. A can of beans? Or a bandage?
I know this has nothing in the way of realism but ok :p

Code:
waitUntil {!isNil ("dayz_animalCheck")};
sleep 10;

While {alive player} do {

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//Init Variables
_msgChance =         _this select 0;
_sleepTimer =         _this select 1;
vanillaDayz =         _this select 2;

_itemsPlayer =         items player;
_hasRadio =         "ItemBandage" in _itemsPlayer; // <------ like this
// removed radio off variable
_vanillaMsg =         ["radio_static","radio_transmission_russian","radio_transmission_wombat"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
_crueMsg =             ["radio1","radio2","radio3","radio4","radio5"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

//Make sure player has a radio
if (_hasRadio) then {
        //removed radio off
        //Chance Variables
        _spawnRoll = random 1;

//Roll chance to see if message will be played
        if (_spawnRoll <= _msgChance) then {

//Message is going to be played. Notify the player. Comment out to disable notification.
            cutText ["Your radio is picking up a transmission.","PLAIN DOWN"];
            sleep 3;

//message counter
            _msgCounter = 0;

//Change < Num to make sound play more than once. Also adjust sleep time after each message played if you play more than once.
            While {_msgCounter < 1} do {

//Play message for default
                if (vanillaDayz) then {
                    //Play message to player only
                    playSound _vanillaMsg;
                    sleep 60;
                } else {
                    //Play message to player only
                    playSound _crueMsg;
                    sleep 60;
                };
            //Plus one to counter after each loop.
            _msgCounter = _msgCounter + 1;
            };
         };
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

//Sleep timer. Set in init.sqf
sleep _sleepTimer;
};
};//end loop and restart

something like this?

Zee, I'm curious where you are going with this? It's been on my mind to do something along the lines of this for my mission packages. I'd like to spawn them with audio if the player is carrying a radio but I've been unsure if that was feasible. Something like this...
<Mission chopper crash spawns>
Audio (mixed to sound like it's a handheld radio with chopper engine sounds in the background): "Mayday mayday mayday, this is Legion air support seven niner. We have main hydraulics failure and are going down hard. Request immediate troop support on our location." Then a short reply from Legion headquarters: "Legion air seven niner, troop support dispatched and on station in five minutes". Then you get the nice pop-up that the mission has spawned.

I've done this sort of ambiance audio work before on other mods and although it's time consuming it really adds to the atmosphere. If I knew it was feasible to do I'd certainly pursue it.

basically, people drop the radio cause they freak at the sounds I put in. I was thinking that maybe, without the radio, people wouldn't be so eager to drop all bandages :p

well, life pulls aggro once again lol. I have been working with this in my overwtch server but it is giving me hell and not playing the audio too. If i can get past this id be done with it already, also the time consumed from real life...>.>

Anyway the end game here is to have a dynamic radio based set of missions that are activate on a per player basis but available to everyone. There is a few more features to it but that is for later.

Zee, yes you could essentially attach this to a player if you wanted. There really is no limit if you alter enough variables. Try something like
you have above. That should work just fine. Just be sure to change the type of item u use like if it is a tool then do tools in or if it is a weapon do weapon in, or magazine in.

Zee, I'm curious where you are going with this? It's been on my mind to do something along the lines of this for my mission packages. I'd like to spawn them with audio if the player is carrying a radio but I've been unsure if that was feasible. Something like this...
Audio (mixed to sound like it's a handheld radio with chopper engine sounds in the background): "Mayday mayday mayday, this is Legion air support seven niner. We have main hydraulics failure and are going down hard. Request immediate troop support on our location." Then a short reply from Legion headquarters: "Legion air seven niner, troop support dispatched and on station in five minutes". Then you get the nice pop-up that the mission has spawned.

I've done this sort of ambiance audio work before on other mods and although it's time consuming it really adds to the atmosphere. If I knew it was feasible to do I'd certainly pursue it.

You could add a public variable to the animated heli crash script. Just replace the old school one with an audio one and it will trigger when the heli spawns or just put it further down the page when it crashes. That is an idea i had but i was pursuing more of a radio based cyptic mission with hella rewards if one where to crack the code. Sort of like Lost, except, not terrible lol

You could add a public variable to the animated heli crash script. Just replace the old school one with an audio one and it will trigger when the heli spawns or just put it further down the page when it crashes. That is an idea i had but i was pursuing more of a radio based cyptic mission with hella rewards if one where to crack the code. Sort of like Lost, except, not terrible lol

Lost wasn't terrible. Although I just watched episode e01s01..

I really like your idea. I am very close to being done with version 2.0 and this will be able to be incorporated into any other script with a simple public variable. I will spare the explanation but short story is this will be much more than radio chatter very soon. If anyone is interested in working with me I would love that :) hard to find other scripters that aren't , well, you know lol.

Sorry S-n-J, I just saw this. I'd love to help as this was something I really wanted to do but I'm not really well enough to do marathon sessions of either gaming or coding any more. I wish you the best my friend. Hit a home run on this!

Back