automatic Aircraft Carrier

If you are referring to my post, the positions of loot inside buildings use a different cord system. Hence my trying, and failing, to use the addon I linked to.
Shoot, didn't work? I'm afraid I don't know much about lootspawning stuff, I've just added persistent ammo boxes with stuff that comes back on server start.

Loot and zed spawning in player_spawnCheck.sqf will be my next big project - I intent to rewrite the loot spawning to happen once per server start and behave as helicrash loot - ie never despawn, permanent, and I intend to use joliq's code from the thread changing zeds from spawn to call to change the way zeds are handled.

Shoot, didn't work? I'm afraid I don't know much about lootspawning stuff, I've just added persistent ammo boxes with stuff that comes back on server start.

Loot and zed spawning in player_spawnCheck.sqf will be my next big project - I intent to rewrite the loot spawning to happen once per server start and behave as helicrash loot - ie never despawn, permanent, and I intend to use joliq's code from the thread changing zeds from spawn to call to change the way zeds are handled.

Well, it didn't work as I can't seem to get the addon actually working inside the editor...

I have indeed, and I disabled them both, but I still get no "Module" option in the editor...

I have indeed, and I disabled them both, but I still get no "Module" option in the editor...
Did you go into preview? I just read that addon stuff, seems like you need to place a unit, and go into preview, then scroll to the save init action menu, exit preview and paste it into the init or something.

To use the Init. info for placing units or weapons:
- Place the unit or object on the map near the building in which you want to place it.
- Preview the map and find your building position.
- Use the action menu and select Save Init Code.
- Suspend the preview and double click the unit you just placed.
- Put your cursor in the Initialization box and hit ctrl-v on your keyboard.

Yes, but in order for it to work, you must first place the module on the map:

- While in editor, use the module function to drop a GZL: Visual House Positions module on the map. No need to sync.

And it is this module function that I can't seem to find....

Ok, so the problem was that I was in the editor, and it appears that to get this working, you have to start up a LAN game, and bring up the editor from there... now I have the option, lets see how we get on!

Yes, but in order for it to work, you must first place the module on the map:

- While in editor, use the module function to drop a GZL: Visual House Positions module on the map. No need to sync.

And it is this module function that I can't seem to find....

Ok, so the problem was that I was in the editor, and it appears that to get this working, you have to start up a LAN game, and bring up the editor from there... now I have the option, lets see how we get on!
Interesting, glad you figured it out!

EDIT: totally let us know how placing the loot goes!

Vehicles will not be safe on it over server restart. I'm working on finding a solution for this, but it just looks like for whatever reason vehicles load before the buildings.

@Gagi2 Which part can't you walk on? I'm pretty sure I ran across it a few times in my testing. And landed all over it.

if db loads vehicles before buildings what about adding something in the vehicles menu of the 3d editor like a heli pad. maybe that would load and hold up the heli until the ship can spawn in.

if db loads vehicles before buildings what about adding something in the vehicles menu of the 3d editor like a heli pad. maybe that would load and hold up the heli until the ship can spawn in.
It's not just DB buildings - in fact, I have occasional success with db buildings (they're loaded almost simultaneously as vehicles). Mission.sqm buildings never work, it seems.

I've learned a lot since I got this aircraft carrier working - there is another thread where some of us are discussing how to get vehicles to not fall through buildings, where we may have a solution worked out to make DB buildings work correctly.

But I want consistency, I want all buildings to work properly. Maybe one day I'll take more of a look into it, (mostly in server_monitor.sqf, where we could freeze gravity on vehicles until the script is fully complete). Right now I'm working on zeds and loot.

It's not just DB buildings - in fact, I have occasional success with db buildings (they're loaded almost simultaneously as vehicles). Mission.sqm buildings never work, it seems.

I've learned a lot since I got this aircraft carrier working - there is another thread where some of us are discussing how to get vehicles to not fall through buildings, where we may have a solution worked out to make DB buildings work correctly.

But I want consistency, I want all buildings to work properly. Maybe one day I'll take more of a look into it, (mostly in server_monitor.sqf, where we could freeze gravity on vehicles until the script is fully complete). Right now I'm working on zeds and loot.

Months ago I did a TON of testing trying to create an "admin island", and found out about the vehicles issues. What I found after lots of testing is that it's only an issue if the timeout is skipped. If the timeout isn't skipped the load order seems to be buildings, then player/vehicles. Skipping the timeout the load order goes players, then vehicles, then about 5-6 seconds later all the buildings. So if you can find a way to prevent players skipping the timeout on restarts, or changing the load order you'll have this fixed.

Months ago I did a TON of testing trying to create an "admin island", and found out about the vehicles issues. What I found after lots of testing is that it's only an issue if the timeout is skipped. If the timeout isn't skipped the load order seems to be buildings, then player/vehicles. Skipping the timeout the load order goes players, then vehicles, then about 5-6 seconds later all the buildings. So if you can find a way to prevent players skipping the timeout on restarts, or changing the load order you'll have this fixed.
Where is this timeout you speak of...in server_monitor? Is it in an if statement or something, why would it be skipped?

When any dayz server restarts if you hit "continue" and load in you can skip the timer. This is called skipping the timeout. Very hard to do if people keep joining while you're trying to do it, but if there are only a few people online it happens very often. To test this I had to lock my server and test waiting for the timeout and skipping it. I found after 10-15 times that vehicles only fell through if the timeout was skipped. When I let the timer run down on it's own I never had any problems with vehicles falling through my castle.

When any dayz server restarts if you hit "continue" and load in you can skip the timer. This is called skipping the timeout. Very hard to do if people keep joining while you're trying to do it, but if there are only a few people online it happens very often. To test this I had to lock my server and test waiting for the timeout and skipping it. I found after 10-15 times that vehicles only fell through if the timeout was skipped. When I let the timer run down on it's own I never had any problems with vehicles falling through my castle.
No way! Which timer are you referring to - like when the team selection screen comes up, or the map comes up?

Theoretically we could add a long sleep to server_monitor or init.sqf to prevent getting past certain phases....but that's pretty sloppy.

If we know when the map buildings are loaded, as I don't yet, only the DB buildings, we can add a waitUntil (scriptDone _loadBldngs) where _loadBldngs is responsible for loading all the buildings into the map - add it before the vehicles spawn in.

Here we discuss other options, including suspending gravity until the buildings are loaded in

http://opendayz.net/threads/helicop...ft-on-top-of-buildings-plus-cars-do-too.9378/

I think the confusion comes from other players joining. So there are two ways you can test this for yourself:

-Restart server
-Lock server
-Join server
-Watch the lobby timer. If it runs out on it's own and you join vehicle load last

OR

-Restart server
-Join server
-Have other player join and just sit in the lobby
-Try to load in to skip the timeout. (you'll end up sitting on the map screen).

If you have a test server and would like me to help you replicate this just PM me.

Sorry, your wording is confusing me a bit -

I get what you mean about the timeout - and you mean the timeout on the team selection screen before you get to the map.

So
Select server and log in server initially,and you're
Put at a Team Selection Lobby (with BLUFOR and a few others).
Now
IF the server has just restarted, and
I click continue instead of waiting the 87 seconds or something that it says to wait
- my vehicles will blow up
I don't click continue and instead wait the 87 seconds
- my vehicles don't blow up?

So basically, what's happening is
-my map is being loaded for some undetermined amount of time during the lobby countdown (on first log in after server restart).
-my vehicles are being loaded as soon as I click continue on the Team Selection Lobby (after first log in after server restart)

This is what you're saying? I'll give it some testing when I have time, but couldn't we just add a waitUntil (scriptDone whatever) to stop this from happening? Just need to figure out which continue click does what, and we'll be fine.

Sorry, your wording is confusing me a bit -

So basically, what's happening is
-my map is being loaded for some undetermined amount of time during the lobby countdown (on first log in after server restart).
-my vehicles are being loaded as soon as I click continue on the Team Selection Lobby (after first log in after server restart)

For the most part yes. However I will note that when the timeout IS skipped it doesn't seem to matter if there was 10 seconds left on the timer or the full 90 seconds. The buildings seem to load in 5-10 seconds after you fully load into the game.

For the most part yes. However I will note that when the timeout IS skipped it doesn't seem to matter if there was 10 seconds left on the timer or the full 90 seconds. The buildings seem to load in 5-10 seconds after you fully load into the game.
So clicking continue is screwing the timing of something just very slightly.

Appears to be the problem. If we could find a way to change the default timeout to 1 second, no one would ever be able to skip it. That might fix the issue if it's even possible.

In short, anywhere you like!

If you add your own static object in the mission editor, it'll spawn wherever you put it!

If you add through my text in mission.sqm, the code below has the position which you can change
format {x, y, z} where y is height above sea level
position[]={x, y, z};

pretty sure mission reads X Z Y.

Back