Base building exploits/bugs

trololo

I'm using the base building mod on my server (it's great!) but people are using vehicles exploits/bugs to invade bases and it's just bad. I don't mean to spread the problems to other servers so I won't describe the bugs but basically you can open ANY base on the server and also enter bases if you have a vehicle (doesn't matter if you have a roof or not).

So here's my question, there's any pre-built base objects that don't suffer from the same problems? So i can remove base construction from players and build myself when they ask for one.

Something like:
- Door and gate terminals
- Can hold around 10 vehicles (inside with roof and everything) and 1 chopper.
- People can't invade it from anywhere besides from the gate (if the owner opens it)
I know I won't be able to stop people from stealing the helicopters if they have one (they can land there) but at least make it so they can't enter the building without the gate being open. Dunno.

If this doesn't exist I don't mind something similar but without the helicopter space.

Thanks

We're still experimenting with the root causes for the glitches on my server I heard double walls can help though.

I know previously people were getting out of vehicles to go through the walls, seems they are doing something else now though as daimo has code to stop that....

I know a lot of ways to get in, I can even open other people's gate. I'll send him a whisper.

I would appreciate a pm too in case there is something I can do about them in the code myself but yeah don't post any details publicly...

I would appreciate a pm too in case there is something I can do about them in the code myself but yeah don't post any details publicly...

perhaps if you guys post this publicly others can get to working on it.

kind of sucks for the rest of us who are running it but are in the dark.

I've invited seaweeduk to the whisper I sent to Damiyo, there's no need to involve other people while the script author doesn't reply.
<insert 0-Day DayZ joke here>

You now part of the issue is that when you attach an object to another object it loses collision, if you have r3f installed or any form of "Towing" / "lifting" you can just tow the object though the wall/roof and then detach it or even get out of it as a player and they you have by passed the entire thing.

but you can't get in a vehicle that's being towed with R3F.

I don't even know anything about arma/dayz scripting and I can think of multiple solutions concepts like: only allowing vehicles to move through (or near) the walls when the gate is open, creating a fake hitbox, making vehicles explode if you touch the wall from outside or if the gate is closed, there's always a way to fix the problem, it just might not be the ideal solution

There is probably no way to stop it. Players can glitch inside regular buildings with only a single vehicle. All you have to do is park the vehicle right next to a building and get in the driver's seat. Then switch to the back seat and get out. You will be inside the building when you get out. You can shoot through walls, put tents and vehicles inside and everything.

It is a really lame bug, just like glitching through the hospital wall on the second floor. I see players with tents and vehicles glitch hidden inside buildings all over the map. One group I know even has a whole base set up inside one of the Elektro buildings. :confused:

Have you seen what Epoch is doing or trying to do about this? I'm wondering if the same changes could be applied to my vanilla cherno server... i'm just getting started on seeing if it's possible

Back