Base Building

Knar

Hello,

I love Dayz 2017 and the challenge/survival aspect it introduces into the game. All other Dayz mods represent little to no challenge, as you gear up in an hour and end up having to either PVP in order to have fun. 2017 made me genuinely afraid of zombies again and creates an environment where friendly play is encouraged, but bandits are still rewarded.

I am just curious if Dayz 2017 is still in active development, and if the base building feature is still in the works? I went through the 2017 Github pages and found the config file for base building, https://github.com/shinkicker/DayZ-2017-Main/blob/dev/Base_Building_2017/config.cpp and I am wondering if these are still the structures being considered for the base building. I would love to see these structures in the game, especially the trash bin that acts as a tent :D but maybe with some additional dirt/grime to make them more 2017 style. I know that is a lot of work, and the vanilla structures would still be great to have.

What I would like to suggest for the base building is to make it extremely difficult to build a base, requiring many hours of collecting materials. A decent sized base should take at least a month to construct in my opinion, as this would produce an endgame that does not exist in Dayz. This would also prevent the world from being cluttered by player structures, which would probably cause lag and lead to griefing.

I have been collecting tank traps, wire fencing kits, sandbags, and scrap metal for the past few weeks and storing them in hopes that these will be useful in the base building (as it seems they are from the "base building prototype" video) and I am wondering if these are still the materials that will be required for building structures? Or will there be new materials added such as concrete and reinforcing materials, as seen in Dayz Origins?

Thank you for making such a great mod, and I hope you end up going through with your plans to make an Arma 3 version of 2017 (as long as the Arma 2 version works first :p).

I believe the guys are working on it. I had it working, and then broke it again. I am not so much a part of the project right now (life stuff), but the others are still active.

I rewrote some of damons code and swapped out all of the structures to stuff that looks more 2017 like.

Hi,

Yes we are still working a lot on the mod! We've not been telling a lot about development because, of course, we want to focus on the development itself! ;) We also all have busy lives so posting a lot on the forums is difficult.

Basebuilding is pretty much ready to go out there, but we're still tweaking some other stuff and trying to get our 2.1 update out there soon. Stay tuned!

Also, yes it will be difficult to make bases. Not because of a huge amount of materials required, but because of the natural rarirty of said materials in 2017; of course, a lot of industrial parts are used for the basebuilding and as you might've noticed, we have made them quite rare (we will check out the industrial loot balance again before releasing this update to make sure it's balanced for basebuilding).

Back