Base Protection - My Idea!

MajoeT

So I'm co founder of a community that runs a very successful, popular DayZ Epoch server and we're always looking at ways to improve our server.

If you havent played Epoch before, it adds alot more to do and alot more to lose. Its great that it has safes that are owner lockable but vehicles being destroyed or stolen is still a huge problem though there are rumours of a garage being introduced to lockup your vechs in.

It sucks that you cant be online all the time to defend your gear, you have to sleep sometime right?

So I found out a way to add base protection, at first we had it set to kill anyone who stayed inside the designated area for 10seconds but I changed it to a teleport instead as that was really unfair and a teleport is roughly 1km away but onto a nearby road with a sign so its not something that totally disorientates you.

Now personally I'd rather have it off and have some proper base defence going on and its almost a shame to have some very awesome custom bases non accessable even when the owners are on but its very popular so my idea is this:

Is there anyway, to have the protection script only execute when none of the designated playerUIDs are connected to the server? Meaning if someone is on.. their base is then vulnerable to being pillaged if they are out of a mission but if none are on, its then automatically protected?

As at the moment you need to have your playerUID in the script to not be teleported away but its active all the time.

I'm very keen on this idea and if someone has a working solution I'd be willing to pay for it to.

I do like the idea of the auto-teleport unless = PUID and "love" the idea of disabling that if the player is online. I am sure this is achievable for the better codes out there. And I am interested myself.

Yeah i'm just not sure how to go about it, I keep thinking its something simple that I'm missing in the sensor trigger.. something that checks for playerUID on server first before then executing the teleport script but you cant have it as a constant check, it needs to be something that is triggered once within the area of the base or there will be massive desync all the time.

How would I make a script check for a playerUID within a distance. Because surely I could make the script exec within say 100m of the base which my current script is doing... which then execs a script that searches within XXX distance for playerUID.. if playerUID = XYZ then exec onserver.sqf ( a script that says owners are on the server) else exec CLANNAMEbase.sqf which is a localized teleport?

What script did you use to teleport plauers away, mind sharing? I have something that kills players but not teleport

Wow that is simple lol, I tried to do that earlier but forgot brackets.. But what about helicopters that fly over or something, do they get bounced back or teleport and explode? I will try it out though

Back