Battleye Filter Suggestions

R.J.

I've been running BE filters on Vanilla Chernarus for awhile now, but get desync and lag at times. Some spikes are worse than others, but the server never seems to run smoothly. My provider suggested removing all of the lines containing a 1 (logging) and keep the 5 (log and kick) lines.

The scripts.txt and setvariableval.txt are huge after a three hour session. In fact, those two files can't even be accessed during server operation as they're being pumped with logging.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what what be the best course of action to reduce the overhead the filters are causing without compromising security? If, let's say, I removed all of the lines containing 1 in the scripts file, would I open myself to vulnerabilities?

I'm going to do the rest of the files later today, but you are correct. The last time I checked, they were running 20 instances on one box. At one point Allanstrings claimed the server was only at 40% load, but I think they're more variables causing the lag and desync than simply server load and BE filters.

If it was 2-3 months ago, I would have opted for a dedicated and went from there, but at this point I'm just going to hold out for the SA as I'm sure other providers will offer hosting for it.

Back