Battleye Restriction #247

axeman

OpenDayZ Rockstar!
This has been plaguing me for days and tonight I decided to fix this so I could upload a script to my server. Have been going round and round adding files to scripts.txt and deleting variables, thinking that may have been causing it. Until I noticed line #262 hacks.

I have been writing a script to build a shed and decided to call it a shack, using build_shack.sqf and a variable _nearshacks.

Moral of the story.. Don't use folder / file names or variables including the word hacks :rolleyes: And don't trust BE to return the right line number, must be to do with all the lines commented out before..

#262 isnt the linenumber, its the rule-number... and even the rules start by zero, so rule #10 is in line 11 + all the commented lines between... also wish they would show the line that caused the kick, not the rule-number.

#262 isnt the linenumber, its the rule-number... and even the rules start by zero, so rule #10 is in line 11 + all the commented lines between... also wish they would show the line that caused the kick, not the rule-number.
Exactly, what would be nicer would be a global filter for custom mission files. First line of scripts.txt line#0: 1 global !"<path to mission file>\mycode.sqf". They not exactly helping developers. Also, am sure there are better anti-hack methods that go beyond parsing text to match strings..

Not that I am complaining, switching BE off creates a honeypot for hackers. That may be a good idea, after my experience the other night, our spawned AI Units took exception to one hacker, we had around twenty spawned in Chernogorsk, they all decided the hacker was the enemy, he ran (drove) away in his SUV..

Admins vs Hackers: 1:0 to Admins :cool:

We also chatted to one later, hackers have newbies too apparently, sent him an AI controlled Huey to pick him up, flew him way out to sea and then attempted to rake him down with another AI controlled chopper. Pretty sure he ended up in the drink.. Binned the server shortly after..

Back