best place to rent a server? US

dedubya

Was wondering what people think the best place to rent a server and add custom scripts etc..... currently im with dayz.st but i cannot modify my scripts.text. So a more user friendly control panel would be ideal.

You can modify your scripts.txt with DayZ.ST. Download FileZilla and log in to your FTP. Then go to the battleye folder.

DayZ.st is the best in my opinion. They let you access the server and mission file. Vilayer and HFB only let you access the mission file (or I could never find the server file on there). Plus, DayZ.st has a live admin map, and its 100% easier to spawn vehicles with them as well.

All of those hosts have their strengths and weaknesses. Also, you can access your server file on HFB. I can't remember exactly what folder it is in though.

Appreciate the fast responses thanks guys, and yes i like the access of the map just didnt know i could access my scripts.text file

Just so you guys know, JMocks is completely incorrect here:

With villayer and HFB you have full FTP access to your full file system, meaning you can change anything - much much more than dayz.st which allows only mission and server pbo changes, no access to your keys folder. Furthermore, HFB allows you to install custom mods - as in early releases or any mod that is not on their list of pre-approved mods.

Every server host seems to offer some type of hive and map tool as well, life dayz.st - however if you're a noob you may want to go with dayz.st as it seems their setup is easier to understand. If you want more control, another choice is better.

Back