Bliss + JSRS & CBA

Byrgesen

Hey folks.

We are trying to run JSRS and CBA along with Bliss and we are having some BE issues.
First we tryed just JSRS, get multible errors at startup and during game joining, but ingame theres not rly an issue.
BUT when we put cba in the mod line, as its required for JSRS to run proberly, we get BE Script Restriction #21 and gets kicked.
BE wont allow CBA, does anyone have an exeption or a way to get around it so we can use CBA? Or is it disabled because its potentialy dangerous and easy for hackers to use?

Hope someone here has an answer for us :) Thx

they will run

You need to remove the scripts.txt file (the easiest way) otherwise you will have 30+ lines to find and remove from the file.

Problem I had when running the script was the server seemed to stop letting players in at certain intervals even after a reboot players were unable to join. I think this is down to different versions of jsrs running on clients but not 100% sure. I had this running on 1.7.2 not tried it since. waiting for 1.5 and see if that is any better.

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/jsrs

Well, i cant just remove the script.txt. That will expose the server to much :/
I guess we wait for 1.7.5. Should be done in 10 days according to the github repo.

yes it would expose the server. during the time i ran it "exposed" no issues. Now though there are bypasses so your server is just as exposed.

yes it would expose the server. during the time i ran it "exposed" no issues. Now though there are bypasses so your server is just as exposed.
Atm im going through the scripts.txt one line at a time.
I will post what lines conflict with the CBA when ever im done lol :)

Atm im going through the scripts.txt one line at a time.
I will post what lines conflict with the CBA when ever im done lol :)

your brave. I spent an hour or so going line by line. commenting them out updating scripts joining. loading getting kicked. got bored in the end.

your brave. I spent an hour or so going line by line. commenting them out updating scripts joining. loading getting kicked. got bored in the end.
Well, i removed 44 lines so far. Just gonna remove them and write em all up so we got something tow rok with :)
Fortunatly i got coffee rdy hehe.

Ok i ive removed 100 lines of code so far.
My guess is its at least half or possibly more of the entire 280 lines in scripts.txt.

So like you say, only way would be to remove it or to "shrink" it down to what ever low amount of lines is allowed to have CBA running. But if one where to remove say 150 lines, the scripts.txt would be worthless anyway, so removal seem like the only way :/
What a shame as its an awsome addon.

Rather then remove lines you should add not clauses for the issues that kick you out.

For example for Celle opening a door caused a 21# kick. So instead of removing the whole line (which is around createLocalVehicle) I added my specific statement:

!"createvehiclelocal getpos _house;"

It works as follows: !<not this>

You can see what is kicking you in one of the BE logs.

Can you have a look in your logs for 'restriction' and '21' and post it on here.

Rather then remove lines you should add not clauses for the issues that kick you out.

For example for Celle opening a door caused a 21# kick. So instead of removing the whole line (which is around createLocalVehicle) I added my specific statement:

!"createvehiclelocal getpos _house;"

It works as follows: !<not this>

You can see what is kicking you in one of the BE logs.

Can you have a look in your logs for 'restriction' and '21' and post it on here.

The deleting was just to rule out the entire line, to try and found out how many lines actually conflict.
And it turns out to be around half of the entire script.
So you would have to add your own statements to over 100 different lines, that would take for ever hehe.

The deleting was just to rule out the entire line, to try and found out how many lines actually conflict.
And it turns out to be around half of the entire script.
So you would have to add your own statements to over 100 different lines, that would take for ever hehe.

No you would not. I had the same thing, I commented out one line - kick, commented out the next one - kick etc, etc. Looked into how it worked and found a solution.

There is something specific being called which is causing the kick and you can specifically say not to kick for that.

Heres the scripts.log output:
Code:
04.12.2012 15:29:57: Byrgesen The Dictator (x.x.x.x:xxxx) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - #128 "if(isNil'SLX_XEH_MACHINE')then{call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers '\x\cba\addons\xeh\init_pre.sqf'};_this call SLX_XEH_EH_In"
04.12.2012 15:29:57: Byrgesen The Dictator (x.x.x.x:xxxx) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - #21 "OMPILE);

cba_xeh_init_obj = SLX_XEH_DUMMY createVehicleLocal [0, 0, 0];
cba_xeh_init_obj addEventHandler ["killed","

But this would still mean i need to do it for every single line that conflicts right?

Is this the line where it says about the # 21 script restriction?

try this:

5 createVehicle !"\"createVehicle\"," !"createVehicleLocal" !"createVehicle [\"WeaponHolder\", _iPos, [], _radius, \"CAN_COLLIDE\"" !"_fire = createVehicle [_classname, _location, [], 0, \"CAN_COLLIDE\"" !"_object = createVehicle [_classname, _location, [], 0, \"CAN_COLLIDE\"" !"if (_height < 100) then {\n_bolt = createVehicle [\"BoltSteelF\", _endPos, [], 0, \"CAN_COLLIDE\"];\n_bolt setPosATL _endPos;" !"_tent = createVehicle [\"TentStorage\", _location, [], 0, \"CAN_COLLIDE\"];\n_tent setdir _dir;" !"if ((random _int)>2.2) then\n{\n_b=\"SmallSecondary\" createvehicle (getpos _v);\n};" !"exitwith {};\n_b=\"SmallSecondary\" createvehicle (_v modelToWorld _effect2pos);\n} foreach (_list);" !"_bag = createVehicle [format[\"WeaponHolder_%1\",_item],getPosATL player,[], 0, \"CAN_COLLIDE\"];\n_bag setdir (getDir player);" !"_bag = createVehicle [\"WeaponHolder_ItemTent\",_pos,[], 0, \"CAN_COLLIDE\"];\n_bag setdir _dir;\nplayer reveal _bag;" !"_object = _type createVehicleLocal _position;\n_object setPos _position;\n_object setDir _dir;\n_object allowDamage false;" !"createVehicleLocal [0, 0, 0];"

Remember you need to restart the server or send the reloads scripts command using BERCON.

Ok your right it took care of the #21.

Now its #39
Code:
{ _obj addEventHandler [_x, compile format["_this call SLX_XEH_EH_%1", _x]] } forEach SLX_XEH_EV"
04.12.2012 16:42:31: Byrgesen The Dictator (x.x.x.x:xxxx) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - #39 "_xeh_init_obj;cba_xeh_init_obj = nil
}];

cba_xeh_init_obj setDamage 1;

cba_xeh_init_obj2 = SLX_XEH_DUMMY createVehicleLocal "

Is there a toturial to how to write thoose exeptions? :)
And believe me im loading scripts like a mofo atm, in BERcon :)

5 setDamage !"\"setDamage\"," !"_vehicle setDamage 0;" !"player setdamage 0;" !"if (alive player) then { player SetDamage 1;};" !"if (_ent isKindOf \"Animal\") then {\n_ent setDamage 1;" !"player setDamage 1;\n0.1 fadeSound 0;" !"setDamage 1;"

Back