Bliss Vehicles

tutemwesi

Hi there,

I am really looking for some clarification on vehicle spawns etc etc

So I'm running DayZ on a Bliss Hive, and can successfully add in extra spawns for vehicles and am getting along OK with database structure etc.

One thing that is confusing me, and I cannot seem to find an answer for is in reference to banned/allowed vehicles.

My understanding is that DayZ has particular classes banned in the anim.pbo file and a couple of other places, I get this. I read that to get around this you can unpack the pbo, remove the restrictions and voila, you can add in via database manipulation what you want. BUT, apparently whoever you wish to connect to your server must also have those files installed - is that correct? And is this limit just for Cherno, or have all maps (falu, zarg, utes etc etc) got this restriction? (i'm thinking not, see a little later in the post as to why)

A second workaround is to have rmod installed but again as far as I am aware this requires a client side install, limiting the amount of people that can play to a degree.

One thing that is troubling me is that a friend pays for a server via a company that will remain nameless & can run whatever map they choose and seem to have access to a number of different planes & heli's(such as An2_TK_EP1, little bird) and I don't have anything client side installed, but they work.

Is this something to do with the verifying of sigs etc?? I'm clutching at straws here as you can see.

I understand only certain maps have spawns in Bliss, so one thing I tried, that has been hit and miss, is to load the map editor in ARMA, create a mission, spawn in vehicles and then parse that .sqf file via a php script that runs insert SQL statements into the DB. I've had success getting the An2_TK_EP1 running & spawned in Zargabad, but it's hit and miss as to what vehicles work and which do not. I can see them in the instance_vehicle table but they never appear.

Could anyone please offer some clarification on all of this as it is driving me mad, or provide a list of what vehicles will spawn within what maps, or what changes I need to make to server files without having an implication on my user base?

Many thanks in advance!

Tuti

Sounds like your friend is running rMod, which seems to be the go to for spawning in vehicles, changing skins etc. I don't know rMod to well, so can't really comment, but there are a lot of rMod users around who may chip in to help. I think rMod is server side only (so players don't need to change anything).

File signing is there as a security element (stop file tampering), as soon as you change a file you change its structure and so that file no longer matches its public key. If this was not present, hackers would change there PBOs and connect to any server they like and run what they want.

So if you changed day_anim.pbo you would break the association to when rocket signed the file using his private key. So you would need to sign it using tuti's private key.

You would then have two files:

dayz_anim.pbo
dayz_anim.pbo.tuti.bisign

If a player has those files in the @DayZ folder as they have downloaded them from you, then no problem. If anyone connects with the old files (signed with rockets keys), the server will kick the player.

You can turn off the signature check, but its a bad idea.

Hope that helps, keep hammering away as it all makes sense eventually.

Using rMod does require the client to be running rMod aswell. If they're not using it, they can still join the server, but they won't be able to see/use any of the banned vehicles.

Also, different maps have different sets of banned/unbanned vehicles which would be why you might see a different chopper in a Lingor server than you would Chernarus.

I don't believe it's possible to unban vehicles/weapons without having the clients using the same files.

As for other providers having extra vehicles, latest lingor version version i.e 1.1.1 was just extra vehicles unlocked in the mod files...
i.e hummers / an2 bi-plane etc...

Am assuming its the same with other vilayer maps that got a .1 update..

---------------
----------------

As far as finding out what vehicles u can spawn.
Personnaly i just look @ .rpt logs @ the start of server startup to see what is banned.
And look @ http://www.armatechsquad.com/ArmA2Class151656165165341654165165165165f/index.php

Or u could just use the mission editor, load up the mod.
In main menu, press Alt+E & try add vehicles u want...
Add in a player unit to control + preview it, that way u can see if the vehicle is unlocked + what it is like i.e does it have radar etc

Using rMod does require the client to be running rMod aswell. If they're not using it, they can still join the server, but they won't be able to see/use any of the banned vehicles.

This is not accurate. If you've set up your rMod server correctly rMod WILL be required to join the server.
Players without will be kicked with error message starting they are missing rmod.

Make sure you edit the mission file as per the instructions.
http://www.tunngle.net/community/topic/87391-rmod-for-private-servers/

I hate to dig up an old thread but I would also like some clarification.
There has to be a workaround out there, other than using rmod or having a user edit their client. All I have used is dayz commander to install dayz files to my client side, but on several servers i have played on recently (all chernarus) they have custom vehicles, more so than what is in the bliss database of vehicles. One in particular is the AH64D (apache). Is the only way these servers are accomplishing this is by turning off signature check?

I too would like to be able to run a few extra custom vehicles without making the client side have to download or install anything if this is at all possible, but dont want to sacrifice any security by turning off sig check.

The easiest way to accomplish this is basically install rmod on your pc first, then upload that folder to your server then change the launch params on your server to have @rMod

On survivalservers.com you can add a custom path on it you end up with 2 mod=@dayz;@bliss_<instanceid>.chernarus and then another mod=@rmod but the server launches correctly.

Unfortunatly you can not add vehicles that are not in the approved list of classes, if you click on my user name there is another thread where some one is asking about adding a stryker and they are in the same situation.

rmod is only 2.5mb in size, you dont even have to "install" it you can just put it in your My documents\arma 2\ path where all your other mods go, or you can put in the root of the arma 2 OA folder.

you literally have to try to not install it because you just put it where your other files are, if your using the PlayWithSix launcher then you dont even have to do anything just get the server up.

With out Rmod the best you can do is add the vehicles that are not banned but also not in the native lootables, which you probably already have done.

its really more about self control, if you want rmod because you want to add 1 vehicle and dont want it because of all the other stuff that was in arma then dont install it, if you want to be paradroping scuds out of c130's for grins then install it.

talk to your players and see what they want ultimatly that is going to be what makes you decide to keep your server up or not.

well i have edited the table and removed the ban on vehicles but they still do not show up, so im guessing that i need to turn off the sig check if i dont want clients to have to install anything on their end, which i do not want to do, and yes i did see the thread about the stryker

the main reason i was looking into this was to add a few other helos as vehicles, but if chernarus can only have the huey im good with it

one other thing that i posted in another thread is i want to add a scroll action, which uses addAction to refuel vehicles when they are in range of a trigger ive set around fuel pump stations, mattz has a script working for the trigger, but i dont want it to happen just as you pull up, i want the user to initiate it through scroll, from what i gather i need to attach that addAction to the vehicles themselves

rMod is the work around...... you dont need to turn off signature checking, you do have to install rmod your clients have to install it also, the same information in the stryker thread applies here.

one other thing that i posted in another thread is i want to add a scroll action, which uses addAction to refuel vehicles when they are in range of a trigger ive set around fuel pump stations, mattz has a script working for the trigger, but i dont want it to happen just as you pull up, i want the user to initiate it through scroll, from what i gather i need to attach that addAction to the vehicles themselves

what you have to do is call a script from your init.sqf file

You would call it with _myscript = [] execVM "fixes\init.sqf";

Then in init.sqf(the 2nd one) you would put something like:
Code:
if (isDedicated) exitwith {};

while (true) {

waitUntil {sleep 1; (vehicle player != player && vehicle player iskindof "AllVehicles")};

_mycar = vehicle player;

if (stuff to check if i should add the ability) then {

actionid = _mycar addAction ["do something","??.sqf", [_mycar], 7, true, true];

} else {

_mycar removeAction actionid;

};

};

yes i understand that

what i want to avoid is having the clients have to install anything

You best bet is going though the list of vehicles above that say "not banned" and add those for something diffrent.

the other advantage of adding rMod is that your not playing in the dark anymore because it adds in all the lights rocket removed, however if you do that then you might be tempted to install the arma energy grid which lets you turn lights off/on

thank you for trying to help me with setting up the script, but what do you mean init.sqf the second one, i only have an init.sqf in the mpmission pbo and i have an init folder in the server pbo, so im am unsure of where to add this

What you have to do is make a folder in your mission folder and put another init.sqf in there, then you call it from the init.sqf, the "2nd" one can be called what ever

Typically you should just use init.sqf in any folder that is the root of something you want to add on to anything else.

just make a habit so that if some one else downloads any code you post logically they will look in your init.sqf file because that "should" be where you initialize whatever your add on does.

this applies more to arma stuff than dayz stuff and is more of "Best practice" if anything else you dont have to do it but doing it makes your code easier to understand.

For example lets say you dowload the BTC logistics script because you want your dayz helis to be able to hook vehicles, then you would look in the scripts folder which would end up here:
"dayz_1.Chernarus\=BTC=_Logistic\=BTC=_Logistic_Init.sqf"
Where in the dayz_1.Chernarus folder you have your dayz init.sqf

in that file you would put something like this:
Code:
startLoadingScreen ["","DayZ_loadingScreen"];
enableSaving [false, false];

dayZ_instance = 1;    //The instance
hiveInUse    =    true;
initialized = false;
dayz_previousID = 0;

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf"; //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
progressLoadingScreen 0.1;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf";    //Initilize the publicVariable event handlers
progressLoadingScreen 0.2;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf"; //Functions used by CLIENT for medical
progressLoadingScreen 0.4;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf"; //Compile regular functions
progressLoadingScreen 1.0;

player setVariable ["BIS_noCoreConversations", true];
enableRadio false;

_logistic = execVM "=BTC=_Logistic\=BTC=_Logistic_Init.sqf";
_recruitable_nps = execVM "bon_recruit_units\init.sqf";

"filmic" setToneMappingParams [0.153, 0.357, 0.231, 0.1573, 0.011, 3.750, 6, 4]; setToneMapping "Filmic";

if (isServer) then {
    hiveInUse = true;
    _serverMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf";
};

if (!isDedicated) then {
    0 fadeSound 0;
    0 cutText [(localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING"), "BLACK FADED",60];
    _id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
    _playerMonitor =    [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";

};

The line that reads "_logistic = execVM "=BTC=_Logistic\=BTC=_Logistic_Init.sqf";" its the "initilization" code that starts up the script and does what ever it needs to do from there. for the script to work, you should do something like that so that you can start messing with dayz scripts.

However i would suggest that you first start by messing around with normal arma scripts because there is more documentation on it. you can look on arma holic for information on how to do this, you can ask in the forums but do not ever say "Dayz" EVER you pretty much are going to get black listed.

If you want to learn read these posts:
http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=6751
http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=10917

Again don't EVER say anything about DayZ on the armaholic forum or the bi forum for that matter. I can understand DayZ opened the flood gates of CoD kiddies which is everything any arma purtists hates. (i.e. the people that take cyanide pill when they fail a mission, people that do pushups why their player unit does pushups)

np dude, i pay it forward when it comes to coding stuff int he hopes that one day some one might do me the same favor, im mostly self taught so yeah....

Back