Bugs with dayz 1.7.6.1 or just me?

Thanks for the info. I knew i saw that antihack.sqf somewhere. I actually don't use a fixes folder as I edit the core but I have it commented out now.

As far as what I saw different I am not sure as I am not in front of it. I will look when I get a chance and let you know.

Can anyone help me fix this? I'm using Dayz.st and I don't believe i Have the right files. Am I able to do it without hosting the server on my own box?

Nobody ever confirmed if the fix for climbing on the back of vehicles works. Has anyone tried it? My server teleports you back to where you climbed on when you get off the vehicle. Also, @Phenom can you detail this a bit better? My anomalies don't seem to function other than healing.

ALSO, when changing to bandit skin my players are being teleported to the middle of the ocean. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks for the help.

Nobody ever confirmed if the fix for climbing on the back of vehicles works. Has anyone tried it? My server teleports you back to where you climbed on when you get off the vehicle. Also, @Phenom can you detail this a bit better? My anomalies don't seem to function other than healing.

ALSO, when changing to bandit skin my players are being teleported to the middle of the ocean. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks for the help.

The teleporting to ocean after changing to bandit skin is the result of the anti-teleport. When you change skin, you are in fact been given a different unit to control hence why the anti-teleport is kicking in. There are steps to disable the anti-teleport in this thread.

The teleporting to ocean after changing to bandit skin is the result of the anti-teleport. When you change skin, you are in fact been given a different unit to control hence why the anti-teleport is kicking in. There are steps to disable the anti-teleport in this thread.

I have the file opened and I see the antihax line but I am not sure what all to delete, I don't want to mess up the syntax. Can anyone show me the specific edit to make? I saw the edit to the player_monitor.sqf above, is the second part of it supposed to be replacing the top line? I would really appreciate some clarification.

I have the file opened and I see the antihax line but I am not sure what all to delete, I don't want to mess up the syntax. Can anyone show me the specific edit to make? I saw the edit to the player_monitor.sqf above, is the second part of it supposed to be replacing the top line? I would really appreciate some clarification.

Sure thing. Make sure you make backups prior to any changes you make.

The main file you want to focus on is "player_monitor.fsm" which is located in the system folder of dayz_code.pbo (extracted). Line 1115 is where the antihack is executed:
Code:
 "[] execVM ""\z\addons\dayz_code\system\antihack.sqf"";" \n
If you were to make any changes to this file at this stage, no players will be able to join your server. This is what you need to do:

Step 1 - Copy "player_monitor.fsm" and "player_monitor.sqf" to your extracted mission file (dayz_1.Chernarus). You may now remove the antihack line quoted above in the "player_monitor.fsm" file that you had just copied over.

Step 2 - Edit "player_monitor.sqf" (The one you copied to your mision folder):
Code:
_id = [] execFSM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.fsm";
To:
Code:
_id = [] execFSM "player_monitor.fsm";

Step 3 - Edit init.sqf in your mission file:
Code:
_playerMonitor =    [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";
To:
Code:
_playerMonitor = [] execVM "player_monitor.sqf";

Pack your mission file back up and you're set. Credits go to Phenom for this fix.

Sure thing. Make sure you make backups prior to any changes you make.

The main file you want to focus on is "player_monitor.fsm" which is located in the system folder of dayz_code.pbo (extracted). Line 1115 is where the antihack is executed:
Code:
 "[] execVM ""\z\addons\dayz_code\system\antihack.sqf"";" \n
If you were to make any changes to this file at this stage, no players will be able to join your server. This is what you need to do:

Step 1 - Copy "player_monitor.fsm" and "player_monitor.sqf" to your extracted mission file (dayz_1.Chernarus). You may now remove the antihack line quoted above in the "player_monitor.fsm" file that you had just copied over.

Step 2 - Edit "player_monitor.sqf" (The one you copied to your mision folder):
Code:
_id = [] execFSM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.fsm";
To:
Code:
_id = [] execFSM "player_monitor.fsm";

Step 3 - Edit init.sqf in your mission file:
Code:
_playerMonitor =    [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";
To:
Code:
_playerMonitor = [] execVM "player_monitor.sqf";

Pack your mission file back up and you're set. Credits go to Phenom for this fix.

Thank you Superlube for taking the time to clarify this for me, the instructions were very clear and everything looks perfect in my mission.pbo now but it tells me "Something went wrong" and has me disconnect. I changed the file references to the player_monitor files in my mission folder and everything. I just don't know what could be wrong.

Is removing the antihack line as simple as just deleting it?

You find the file in your OA installation folder on your computer, not on your servers FTP. I'm sorry that I wasn't more descriptive on my original post.
Ah, I seem like an idiot right now. What I'm asking is how do I edit that on my own server?: I'm trying to fix the anti teleport bugs. I know how to pbo pack/unpack and edit, I'm just not sure where to upload it at.

Ah, I seem like an idiot right now. What I'm asking is how do I edit that on my own server?: I'm trying to fix the anti teleport bugs. I know how to pbo pack/unpack and edit, I'm just not sure where to upload it at.

You don't seem like an idiot. Everyone has to start somewhere. Go to your Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead folder wherever you have it installed on your computer. Then open the @Dayz folder and find the addons folder. Inside the addons folder is your dayz_code.pbo. Copy the dayz_code.pbo to somewhere you can work on it, such as your desktop. Unpack the dayz_code.pbo and find whatever files you need from there. Then unpack your servers dayz_mission.pbo and move those files into the dayz_mission folder. Then apply whatever changes you need to said files and repack the dayz_mission.pbo. I hope this helps sort you out.

You don't seem like an idiot. Everyone has to start somewhere. Go to your Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead folder wherever you have it installed on your computer. Then open the @Dayz folder and find the addons folder. Inside the addons folder is your dayz_code.pbo. Copy the dayz_code.pbo to somewhere you can work on it, such as your desktop. Unpack the dayz_code.pbo and find whatever files you need from there. Then unpack your servers dayz_mission.pbo and move those files into the dayz_mission folder. Then apply whatever changes you need to said files and follow the directions posted above. I hope this helps sort you out.
I wish I could vote this up 1000 times. For the last week I've been trying to figure this very thing out and it's so god damn simple.

You, Fred. Are my freaking hero.

Thank you Superlube for taking the time to clarify this for me, the instructions were very clear and everything looks perfect in my mission.pbo now but it tells me "Something went wrong" and has me disconnect. I changed the file references to the player_monitor files in my mission folder and everything. I just don't know what could be wrong.

Is removing the antihack line as simple as just deleting it?

Sorry man, I'm not sure what is causing that. You didn't change anything in "dayz_code" did you?

Also doesnt allow legit hackers like admins to teleport for example to unstuck a vehicle without restarting the server.

Thanks again bro.
wait...what host is everyone using that allows admins to teleport and move vehicles? we can't do that on either one of our CMR servers.

Back