cannibalism

At what point is this displayed?

Code:
cutText ["You feel the knife slice your finger.", "PLAIN DOWN"];

I'd like to reword it to something more appropriate.

Code:
Lower down the file find

[code]
player removeAction s_player_flipveh;

and Add
Code:
//Gut Human
player removeAction s_player_butcher_human;
s_player_butcher_human = -1;

This part doesn't make sense. Do you mean to make it look like this?

Code:
//flip vehicle
if ((_isVehicletype) and !_canmove and _isAlive and (player distance cursorTarget >= 2) and (count (crew cursorTarget))== 0 and ((vectorUp cursorTarget) select 2) < 0.5) then {
if (s_player_flipveh  < 0) then {
s_player_flipveh = player addAction [format[localize "str_actions_flipveh",_text], "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\player_flipvehicle.sqf",cursorTarget, 1, true, true, "", ""];
};
} else {
//Gut Human
s_player_flipveh = -1;
};

WITHIN the "flip vehicle" code?

Because you weren't careful and cut yourself while gutting the zombie/human.

Holy crap, just change the text :D

That still doesn't make any sense. Why is the knife slicing 'your finger'?

Read and and learn to comprehend the code and maybe you would understand why you saw that message and what is there for, and the chances of it occurring. You could even remove it if you don't like it. If you have a problem with the text why not search for the word "finger" and change it?!!

Christ, relax guys. Time to have mommy refill your Ritalin. There's no explanation in this thread that says there's a chance you'll cut yourself while gutting a human so I was confused and before I removed it, wanted to be sure I wasn't removing something important and based on the changes I had to do in the other messages, I thought perhaps the original author spoke English as their second language and it was mistranslated.

Now, back to the other question I asked:

Lower down the file find

Code:

and Add

Code:
//Gut Human

This part doesn't make sense. Do you mean to make it look like this?

Code:
//flip vehicle
if ((_isVehicletype) and !_canmove and _isAlive and (player distance cursorTarget >= 2) and (count (crew cursorTarget))== 0 and ((vectorUp cursorTarget) select 2) < 0.5) then {
if (s_player_flipveh  < 0) then {
s_player_flipveh = player addAction [format[localize "str_actions_flipveh",_text], "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\player_flipvehicle.sqf",cursorTarget, 1, true, true, "", ""];
};
} else {
//Gut Human
s_player_flipveh = -1;
};

WITHIN the "flip vehicle" code?

Inside the variables.sqf file at the end you need to add the following code:

after dayzState = -1; add this:

Code:

This confused me, maybe im just dumb, but am i adding both of those lines to the end of variables.sqf, or just the one marked as a code?, and if so what that other bit of code?

This confused me, maybe im just dumb, but am i adding both of those lines to the end of variables.sqf, or just the one marked as a code?, and if so what that other bit of code?

nevermind i am an idiot, i realize now it was showing where to add the code, not posting two lines of code

Works on 1.7.7.1 just fine. Tried it with dayz epoch 1.0.1.5 and it would not work. Anyone have any ideas?

im using this on overwatch, but i got the problem with dubble gutting when players remove clothes after gutting, but if i just edit in the skins from the take clothes script in overwatch and use youre editet version, funny stuff start happending and players wont always get the clothes they took from the body but rather just civillian clothing idk if you are giving two sets of clothes (civ and the actual skin?) with youre editet script?
... i realize its something to do with _isGuttet but can you tell me how to just add this to the overwatch take clothes script?

yea i know, but you are adding some randomization fuction i dont fully understand ... o_O

but if i get it right i need to add this:
PHP:
 _isGutted = _body getVariable["meatHarvested",false];
and this:
PHP:
if (_isGutted) then {
        _newUnit setVariable["meatHarvested",true,true];
};
... or does this part have anything to with the gutting?:
PHP:
if( _model in ["Sniper1_DZ","Camo1_DZ"] ) then { _model = "Skin_" + _model;
        _rnd = random 1;
        if (_rnd > 0.6) then {
                _result = [player,_model] call BIS_fnc_invAdd;
        }
        else {
                _model = "Skin_Survivor2_DZ";
                _result = [player,_model] call BIS_fnc_invAdd;
                cutText ["The clothing tears as you try to remove it from the corpse", "PLAIN DOWN"];
        };

Back