change server time not working

herculys

i tried in HiveExt.ini

Code:
[Time]
;Possible values: Local, Custom, Static
;You cannot use Static on OFFICIAL Hive, it will just revert to Local
;Type = Static
;If using Custom type, offset from UTC in hours (can be negative as well)
;Offset = -8
;If using Static type (Hour value always the same on every server start), the value (0-24) to set the Hour to
;Hour = 23
Type = Local

and tried

Code:
[Time]
Type = Static
;Offset = -8
;If using Static type (Hour value always the same on every server start), the value (0-24) to set the Hour to
;Type = Local
Hour = 23

none of the two has changed my server for night
ps. my local time now is 21:20

Are you using a private hive or official hive (does that even exist still?)
Are you editing the correct ini file?
Static time should always work. Are you restarting your server after making the time changes?

restarting server and mysql,
HiveExt.ini in
E:\Epoch Server\instance_11_Chernarus\HiveExt.ini

.bat to start server
Code:
@echo off
start "arma2" /min "Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe" -port=2302 "-config=instance_11_Chernarus\config.cfg" "-cfg=instance_11_Chernarus\basic.cfg" "-profiles=instance_11_Chernarus" -name=instance_11_Chernarus "-mod=@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;"
echo.
echo Starting Bec
timeout 30
:: start bec

cd E:\Epoch Server\BEC
start "" "bec.exe" -f Config.cfg
echo.
echo Server Started
@exit

tried local, and static, and custom nothing working.

this is my HiveExt.ini
Code:
;This is a comment
;Comments above a certain setting will provide it's description

;The format for a setting is
;Variable = Value

;If you see a commented line of that form, it means that the setting is optional, and the Value shows the default
;To change from the default, simply uncomment the line and change the Value

;This configuration file should be placed inside your server instance's configuration directory (like cfgdayz)

[Time]
Type = Static
;Offset = -8
Hour = 23

[Database]
;Hostname or IP of the server to connect to
;If you leave this line commented or blank, HiveExt will connect to the OFFICIAL Hive, which requires registration
;See support.dayzmod.com for more information on what OFFICIAL Hive means, what are the rules, etc.
;If using OFFICIAL hive, the rest of the settings in this section have no effect
Host = localhost

;Currently, only MySQL is supported
Type = MySQL

;Port to connect to. The default is the default listening port of a server of the selected Type
;Instead of specifying Port, you can specify Socket and set Value to the socket name
Port = 3306

;Database name to connect to.
Database = dayz_epoch

;Username to connect with
Username = root
;Password to authenticate with (default is blank)
Password =

;If using OFFICIAL hive, the settings in this section have no effect, appropriate layout will be used
[Characters]
;The field name that Player's IDs are stored in (unique per game license)
;Some table layouts have this as PlayerID, and some as PlayerUID, that's why this is configurable
;IDField = PlayerUID
;The field name that Player's World Position and rotation is stored in
;Enables you to run multiple different maps (different instances) off the same character table
;WSField = Worldspace

;If using OFFICIAL hive, the settings in this section have no effect, as it will clean up by itself
[Objects]
;Which table should the objects be stored and fetched from ?
;Table = Object_DATA

;Negative values will disable this feature
;0 means that ALL empty placed items will be deleted every server restart
;A positive number is how old (in days) a placed empty item must be, in order for it to be deleted
;CleanupPlacedAfterDays = 6

;Flag indicating whether hiveext should detect vehicles out of map boundaries (X < 0, or Y > 15360) and reset their position to []
;Note: YOU MUST have a proper dayz_server.pbo that supports this feature, otherwise you will get script errors
;You can find that file under the SQF directory for your server version
;ResetOOBVehicles = false

;If using OFFICIAL hive, the settings in this section have no effect, it will manage objects on its own
[ObjectDB]
;Setting this to true separates the Object fetches from the Character fetches
;That means that the Object Table must be on this other database
;Use = false

;The settings here have the same meaning as in [Database], and are only used if the setting above is set to true
;Type = MySQL
;Host = localhost
;Port = 3306
;Database = dayz
;Username = root
;Password =

Last edited:
i dont have this dll, where i find it?
rvHfZ4v.png

reinstaled hiveExt.dll and still not working
FxiWPpB.jpg

possible to do that in init.sqf? like a admin tools, but automatically?

Last edited:
Looks just like mine .. but mine works. you dont by chance have the [time] block copied a second time at the bottom of this file?
BIyenrU.png

I suppose you could set the time in the init.sqf. The clients sync to the server using the setdate https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setDate command.
I inserted setdate into the init.sqf of a test mission in the editor and it works that way. So maybe this would work

setDate [1986, 2, 25, 16, 0]; //(4:00pm February 25, 1986)
It would set the time on the client and server ..
and every five minutes the clients should sync time with the server.
But you SHOULDN'T have to do this, there is another issue that will haunt you later if you dont fix it now.

Perhaps your server_monitor.sqf is setting the time differently than it should. Have you edited this server much?

I am of no help with this problem. If you haven't done many edits, try installing everything again, that should work.

Last edited:
i found the problem, while reinstalling and testing the server.
after instaled (Epoch admin tools v191, this forced my server to day time) (in HiveExt.ini is 2am)
http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/7501-release-epoch-admin-tools-v191/

if someone can help me with this, i cant register in epochmod.com because the "Registration Question *"
What game is Epoch Mod for?

is not working, already tried dayz, arma 2, arma 2 oa, dayz mod... (maybe epoch forum dead?)
(i think i'm the more unlucky person in These Days)

Last edited:
if someone can help me with this, i cant register in epochmod.com because the "Registration Question *"
What game is Epoch Mod for?
Me too LOL .. I dont think they want us :mad:
EDIT: I bet its for Arma3 .. they have moved on

in your adminlist.sqf is this code

Code:
    "EAT_SetDateServer" addPublicVariableEventHandler {
        EAT_setDateClient = (_this select 1);
        setDate EAT_setDateClient;
        {(owner _x) publicVariableClient "EAT_setDateClient";} forEach entities "CAManBase";
    };
This is ran when you change the server time using the admin tools and it changes the time on all clients. Somewhere, somehow this code is being executed when it shouldn't be ..

i'm going back to my first version, now i already know the problem i'll wait they fix it (for while i'll use your config "setDate [1986, 2, 25, 16, 0];"

but how i force dayz_fullMoonNights = true;??
this line is already on my init.sqf, and no moon.

Back