Changing Hosts but i need my DB Copied over!

Just take a backup and import it to the new host, you might need to change the sql name to suit the new database name.
Password and username is stored in the HiveExt.ini

I've no idea how/where you do backups, I use phpMyAdmin so i just export the files and then imported into my new server.
I changed the backed up file name to suit the new database name, worked first time, It seems a daunting task but is actully really simple :)

Can't be done. I JUST switched from DayZ.st to HFB and the databases are very different. Look at the different sections of the DB and you'll see that you just can't do a direct transfer. You *might* be able to script some sort of converter but you'll be better off just doing a wipe.

Can't be done. I JUST switched from DayZ.st to HFB and the databases are very different. Look at the different sections of the DB and you'll see that you just can't do a direct transfer. You *might* be able to script some sort of converter but you'll be better off just doing a wipe.
Ok ya that is what I was looking at

I went from HFB to a dedicated server with no issues, Dayz.st have always done things differently though, so any other host would most likely work.

I had some trouble when I changed from dayz.st to Vert, but when I asked them the Vert Team took care of it and uploaded it for me. Maybe HFB will do the same for you?

Did it take much messing about ? mine was simple enough but each host has their own setup.
Glad you got it sorted at least :)

Did it take much messing about ? mine was simple enough but each host has their own setup.
Glad you got it sorted at least :)
I just went into the files afterward and changed the bliss ID to the new one and the username and stuff, wasn't that hard!

I tried exactly what you did and it did import in and the server started. In-game though many of the placed objects (like cinder walls) weren't there and the map had pockets of lag around bases that had been built. Wiping the DB immediately removed the lag.

DayZ.st uses Bliss and HFB uses Reality (at least my experience with them has been this. YMMV.)

I tried exactly what you did and it did import in and the server started. In-game though many of the placed objects (like cinder walls) weren't there and the map had pockets of lag around bases that had been built. Wiping the DB immediately removed the lag.

DayZ.st uses Bliss and HFB uses Reality (at least my experience with them has been this. YMMV.)
Worked for me, all I was worried about was my players safes and cars which worked perfectly!

I'm really glad for you. Moving servers can be a huge headache. Perhaps I could have tried a simpler import and it might have worked better.

Even if the table names are different and such, if you export you could open it in Notepad++ and change names, or copy and paste sections you needed and run them manually on phpMyAdmin. All the exported sql file is strings being told where to be put in a table after all. The only issue you can have problems with is if two databases are using different encoding. One ANSI and the other UTF or similar.

Back