Changing zombie skins

I have been looking through almost the whole code in the Dayz code file and I cannot seem to find where the zombie skins located as I want to change them or would I need to create a whole new model? All I want to do is change the clothing

thanks

in the CfgBuildingLoot.hpp ( needed for custom loot tables) I believe that if you add on a zombie to the
Code:
        zombieClass[] = {"z_worker1","z_worker2","z_worker3"};
it will spawn one in.
Worth a shot

Code:
zombieClass[] = {"z_worker1","z_worker2","z_worker3"};

Is where you define which Zed Models in the CfgBuildingLoot.hpp code you want to spawn on that particular building(object).

If you are wanting to change the actuall skins there's a couple of ways to do it, but both of them require delivery of new files to each client. First method you have to crack open the pbo in the @Dayz folder (don't know which file right now, @ work atm) containing the Zed configs and models and either modify the models or add new ones and change the call in the config file in that pbo. Second option would be to create a new pbo containing the models and a new config then call those models from the for mentioned code in CfgBuildingLoot.hpp. As I said before though both of these will require you to distribute the new pbo to each client basicly making a new mod.

Now without looking too much into it right now due to being @work, it may be possible to add these new modles to the mission.pbo which is downloaded to each client when they join the server, but if that is possible the size of the file may make that action unwanted.

Others may know another way, but these are the only ones I am aware of..

Is there a way to specify a new zombie class that uses the playable skins? I'd really like to add the player allowed models as zombies as well (keep players guessing). Would this require a whole different mod as the models are already part of DAYZ?

If you are wanting to change the actuall skins there's a couple of ways to do it, but both of them require delivery of new files to each client. First method you have to crack open the pbo in the @Dayz folder (don't know which file right now, @ work atm) containing the Zed configs and models and either modify the models or add new ones and change the call in the config file in that pbo. Second option would be to create a new pbo containing the models and a new config then call those models from the for mentioned code in CfgBuildingLoot.hpp. As I said before though both of these will require you to distribute the new pbo to each client basicly making a new mod.

Cheers

old topic, sorry for bumping:

What if the files were already in everyone players possession?
Namalsk has some a zombie class not used, but the files for these zeds are in the pbo. How would I go about and add these? Via the CfgBuildingLoot.hpp?

Back