Creating and adding new items...

Sand

Afternoon All,

I'm looking into creating new items for a mod I'm developing that would run alongside Epoch or Dayz. Basically an add-on that would allow things like Sigma Cars or law enforcement vehicles to be run on the server after players download the additional mod and start it.

I'm trying to create new items in a new cfgMagazines.hpp in a new PBO.
the config.cpp in the new PBO reads as follows

Code:
#include "configs\cfgMagazines.hpp"
#include "configs\cfgVehicles.hpp"

In the configs folder there is cfgMagazines.hpp & cfgVehicles.hpp.

As a test object I'm trying to create another plot pole object:

cfgMgazines.hpp
Code:
class CfgMagazines {
    class CA_Magazine;    // External class reference

class city_plot_kit : CA_Magazine {
        scope = public;
        count = 1;
        type = 256;
        displayName = "20 Meter Plot";
        model = "\z\addons\dayz_epoch\models\supply_crate.p3d";
        picture = "\z\addons\dayz_epoch\pictures\equip_wooden_crate_ca.paa";
        descriptionShort = "Plot Pole: A placeable pole that will allow you and your friends to build within a 20m radius";

class ItemActions {
            class Build {
                text = "$STR_ACTIONS_BUILD";
                script = "spawn player_build:";
                require[] = {"ItemEtool","ItemToolbox"};
                create = "Plastic_Pole_EP2_DZ";
            };
        };
    };

}

I'm having issues getting this magazine to appear in my inventory.

Does anyone with this experience mind helping me sort this out?

Thanks,
Sand

It seems like nothing we change in CfgMagazines.hpp has an effect. I tried change the infotext which are shown in the game when you choose a magazine. It is found under "descriptionShort" in the CfgMagazines.hpp... But nothing changes in the game. Still the default text, so my guess is, it is loaded from the client side, not from the server side?
So changing "dayz_code.pbo" on the server does have no effect it seems? If this is true, how to override/bypass the client's "dayz_code.pbo" with the server's "dayz_code.pbo"?

i have personally Merged Dayz Aliens with Dayz Epoch.. together to be run on the dayz epoch server.. it was just a few files to add and some parameters to be changed other than that. your ppl would still need to have the additional files already installed on thier own PC's which was the sucky part.. unless i made a completely new mod which i did not.. but if you guys need help let me know. i can try to figure it out to the best of my ability. im not a pro or anything but someone who loves to scrpit... or learn..

There's no way to modify cfgMagazines and such from the server side, you have to modify them on the client side.
This means anyone who connects to your server has to have your client files installed.
You have to do this for any custom items or vehicles.

Back