Custom Buildings - Exec SQF Way

paddy1223

Sarge I've made my own custom Island (SectorFNG Below) and got my respawn URALS working. I've been trying to add static AI to defend it, But they're either walking through buildings or in circles on the spot and I get RPT errors from them.

"Building Class Name " (Normally land_nav_pier_c_big ) not found in the operative map

Is there away around this?

Thank you

Huh? What do you mean by "know" sarge? I Was taught theres 3 ways of adding buildings to Dayz. Database, Making a Custom Base.sqf or 2D editor and editting the mission.sqm. I do the base.sqf way. Apart from that. I've no clue what that means as I can run around them of my test server. Its South of Skalisky if that helps inside border of map.

I put in a stream to watch from about 2mins onwards. I just recorded the ai and error spam

http://www.twitch.tv/fng_phoenix/b/423969334

is your base.sqf being executed on the server AND the client, or just on the clients ?

There is a major difference in this ...

Sarge

can you post the script and the init.sqf ? Or send me a PM with these files.

The behaviour tahty ou describe only happens, when the server (and by that the AI) dont know about the buildings. This is, e.g. the case for street rubbish as well, this is being generated clientside, and the AI simply ignore it because on THEIR map it's not there.

Sarge

PM Sent with pastebin of sqf file. Would adding buildings to database add them to map? Would be the next question :p

Paddy1223

read and replied.

How do you avoid these vehicles (structures) from being deleted by the cleanup routines ?

Sarge

if it were in an if (!isserver) then code block it wouldnt be on the server. IMHO, creating a single entity on the server is the way to do it by execvm the sqf file from your dayz_server.pbo server_functions.sqf file.

Back