Custom Buildings Moving on Save/Load

Mixed Methods

Staff member
When re-opening my modifications a lot of the custom objects are moving about; I'm trying to make a castle and it's getting ruined every time I save/load the file.

Anyone got a fix for this?

Currently using these settings when placing an object, are they correct/could they be better?

bb37976ec977d9db23808e4dcbdd90b4.png

buildings tend to right them selves when you rotate, so the best way is to use "this setVectorUp[0,0,1];" on their init so that they are always upright, but you must always save and reload to see the effects.

The 3D editor isn't fantastic in arma. It will always cause buildings to look funny.

Better than the 2d.. I mean it's usable for intricate stuff, assuming it doesn't move! Trying that now, I can leave lock status to default?

Edit: I am guessing I need to add that code to pretty much everything I add then?

Update: Went around and added that code to most if not all the castle pieces, has improved a lot but still get a bit of movement, mostly a pain for overlapping walls where I am trying to make them seemless.

Edit: Figured it out. After adding that line of code to the 'int' section, any left click interaction with that object seems to temporally override it, so after twist/raising/etc just opening edit object and okaying it will put it back to how it will load in. Think this has fixed all my issues, just takes a lot longer ^^

So that method was working fine until we added the custom buildings to our server; it seems to ignore that setVector code; could someone check if this appears to be correct? Perhaps I could add something in the file to make sure they hold position or is this just a quirk of the 3d editor that can't be fixed?

e394038d46425b0d8de2aaa5b110f89f.png

_this setVehicleInit "this setVectorUp [0,0,1];";
Is uneeded.
_this setVectorUp [0,0,1];
Will do fine.

Found the fix for my problem of buildings duplicating and moving on resets... I had to add the line if(isServer)then{ or whatever the exact code is. Fixed it right up. Things are running smoothly now. Still have a few buildings like some factory's and some apartments buildings, and a water pump, that aren't showing up where I put them.. gonna have to dig a little deeper. Although Vilayer (who is probably the worst server host ever) is currently not allowing me to access anything on my control panel.. I just get some massive error when I try. I seem to be able to access my files with filezilla though... anyways if anyone is having trouble with these buildings let me know I may be able to help

Back