Custom Start Gear (1.7.7)

[z3r0]Stefan

In this tutorial I´m going to explain how to change your starting gear in dayz version 1.7.7
(original hive)

1. Open/unpbo your Dayz_server.pbo (located inside your @hive directory)
2. Edit the server_playerLogin.sqf found inside the compiles directory
3. find this code at the top
Code:
//Variables
_inventory =    [];
_backpack =    [];
_items =        [];
_magazines =    [];
_weapons =        [];
_medicalStats =    [];
_survival =        [0,0,0];
_tent =            [];
_state =        [];
_direction =    0;
_model =        "";
_newUnit =        objNull;
_botActive = false;
4. Change it the way your want!
To add weapons and items edit _inventory = [Your custom weapons/items]
To give yourself a backpack edit _backpack = [Your custom backpack]
This is is an example on how to put in the code
Code:
_inventory =    [["AK_47_M"],["30Rnd_762x39_AK47","30Rnd_762x39_AK47","30Rnd_762x39_AK47","30Rnd_762x39_AK47","Skin_Sniper1_DZ","ItemSandbag","ItemSandbag"]];
_backpack =    ["DZ_Backpack_EP1"];
5. Safe the file and put it back into your compiles folder inside the dayz_code.pbo !
6.Start your server and enjoy your custom start gear!

You can/should use the DayZLoadoutGenerator to easily adjust your code! Google it ;)

You could just use the database to do this... kind of useless to ADD a script for somthing you can do in the database imo :) but very nice

When I try to do this I get retrying authentication then after a bit it disconnects me
I replaced my server PBO with a back up and now it doesn't do that but i cant get spawn load outs to people

Why not just use the instance table?

I use it and it works fine

edit: Oh I see you mean public hives...

for map and NV? :(

yesss , this is my
_inventory = [["ItemMap","ItemGPS","NVGoggles","ItemEtool","AK_47_M"],["30Rnd_762x39_AK47","30Rnd_762x39_AK47","30Rnd_762x39_AK47","30Rnd_762x39_AK47","Skin_Soldier1_DZ","ItemSodaPepsi","FoodSteakCooked","ItemMorphine","ItemAntibiotic","ItemPainkiller"]];

for map and NV? :(

yesss , this is my
_inventory = [["ItemMap","ItemGPS","NVGoggles","ItemEtool","AK_47_M"],["30Rnd_762x39_AK47","30Rnd_762x39_AK47","30Rnd_762x39_AK47","30Rnd_762x39_AK47","Skin_Soldier1_DZ","ItemSodaPepsi","FoodSteakCooked","ItemMorphine","ItemAntibiotic","ItemPainkiller"]];

srry but why do you add that much for a survival game.........

And just put the map in de bag when game starts the user need to get it out from bag :D XD

BUT STILL why all that in the begin.....

Back