DayZ 1.8.1

Cikez

Hey everyone. I know that Reality Hive went unsupported a few months ago but I must ask. Will there be any updates to the hive for the release of DayZ 1.8.1?? I really hope that us server admins that are currently using DayZ Reality Hive with 1.8.0.3 are not going to be dead in the water with this update.

Any information would be much appreciated!

I really hope someone who has the time and knowledge to update this, will do so. This is a huge undertaking for us server owners to "start from scratch". Especially those who have had servers up for a long time with a lot of data in their database.

Very doubtful. The only thing that really needs made is a way to convert player profiles and maybe some other data. Honestly it's nice to have a fresh start every now and again :D

I'd just be happy to get the default loadout modified at this point lol

Did you reinstall your entire server with a different hive to be able to run DayZ 1.8.1 successfully?

Yes. Pretty much all my custom restart scripts are worthless now :(

I think I have default loadout figured out (will know on next restart). I don't have ANY vehicles on the map... do you have that same problem? I'm using infi AH and I'm not seeing any with vehicle icons on lol

Oh wow... I havnt done anything yet until I find a solid solution. I have a pretty busy server and I dont want to do that to them.

I would love to find a way to be able to upgrade my server to 1.8.1 without having to redo everything.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

So for the last 3 days I´ve been working on merging the DayZ 1.8.1 files with my current server files. As far as I tested I got everything working. But now I need to figure out how to spawn the vehicles like we use to do. I need to check in the object_data table wether there is vehicles missing from the the object_spawn table. So if anyone here is really good at MySQL I could use some help, I can pay.

Ok I wrote a couple of scripts for respawning missing vehicles and removing broken or old vehicles and for cleaning dead old bodies. Now whats left is boundaries checks for vehicles in debug and deployable checks.

Hmm, even with merging the files wouldnt there still be issues since there was an update to the database and the hive DLL's were not updated? I thought about switching my server over to Pwnz0rs private hive instead. I just really dont want to have to start from scratch and create a new database. Did you find a way to "convert" your database over?

Hmm, even with merging the files wouldnt there still be issues since there was an update to the database and the hive DLL's were not updated? I thought about switching my server over to Pwnz0rs private hive instead. I just really dont want to have to start from scratch and create a new database. Did you find a way to "convert" your database over?

Yes, the DLLs are the database-drivers, that handle the read/write to the database. If the driver doesn´t match the db-scheme, it will not work. All the rest (mission files, hive-files) can be easily copy-pasted without major hassle, as they only provide the front end scripts.

Well I am using all the new database system from the new 1.8.1 patch. Changed the way vehicles/deployable's save to the database with their HiveExt.dll and hardcoded stuff like buildings and loadouts with scripts. Untill someone releases a modified HiveExt.dll for Reality I guess I'll have to work with this.

the reallity hive dll that has the hive 999 calls is worth gold at this moment :D
its all working with that one as far as i can tell.

Back