DayZ 1.8 Auto Refuel Not Working?

Kevin-

At least for me, auto refuel has not been working. I've got custom buildings working but I haven't gotten auto refuel to be working. I am using HFB atm, and I used this link to try and get auto refuelling working.

http://dayz.st/w/HOW-TO_add_Auto_Refuel

I know that they cleaned the init.sqf, but I still added in the code that was required and for some reason when I am loading in I see the loading screen image and hear like ambient noise in the background, can anyone help?

Oh also I added in the scripts.txt part but for some reason nothing seems to be working. Anyone else having the same issue?

I'm pretty sure the change to the init files is going to mess up a few things. I didn't do a lot of testing one way or the other but instead I opened up
@Dayz\dayz_code.pbo\system\mission\
Then copied those three files (description.sqf, init.sqf, and mission.sqm) to a directory in my 'missionfolder\dayz_code\system\mission\'
Once I'd done that I opened up the three files in the root of my mission folder and edited the #include lines to call the files from my mission folder.
Now any changes which need made to the init.sqf I do in my missionfolder\dayz_code\system\mission\

Well try this instead. Download these files I prepared earlier and put them in your mission folder, replacing the existing ones. Now you can make your edits as normal. These are clean Chernarus 1.8 files, merged with their dayz_code counterparts to make adding scripts easier with 1.8.

NOTES:
  • You may need to edit the 'dayZ_instance = 1;' in init.sqf if your server is not using instance 1.
  • Do NOT use these if you are not running Chernarus 1.8
  • ALWAYS make a backup of your original files before replacing them just in case things go wrong.

Well try this instead. Download these files I prepared earlier and put them in your mission folder, replacing the existing ones. Now you can make your edits as normal. These are clean Chernarus 1.8 files, merged with their dayz_code counterparts to make adding scripts easier with 1.8.

NOTES:
  • You may need to edit the 'dayZ_instance = 1;' in init.sqf if your server is not using instance 1.
  • Do NOT use these if you are not running Chernarus 1.8
  • ALWAYS make a backup of your original files before replacing them just in case things go wrong.

So I just replace all three files currently in the root of the original 1.8 pbo?

I'm pretty sure the change to the init files is going to mess up a few things. I didn't do a lot of testing one way or the other but instead I opened up
@Dayz\dayz_code.pbo\system\mission\
Then copied those three files (description.sqf, init.sqf, and mission.sqm) to a directory in my 'missionfolder\dayz_code\system\mission\'
Once I'd done that I opened up the three files in the root of my mission folder and edited the #include lines to call the files from my mission folder.
Now any changes which need made to the init.sqf I do in my missionfolder\dayz_code\system\mission\

I understand where you got the files from "(description.sqf, init.sqf, and mission.sqm)" because those are the ones local on every users computer who plays dayz.

But the next part confuses me on how you're setting up and nesting the folders/directories so they call one another. A friend of mine and I have spent a while trying to get your self bloodbag solution and this autofuel script working properly, we've started from scratch with vanilla 1.8 PBOs on HFB with absolutely no success.

I understand where you got the files from "(description.sqf, init.sqf, and mission.sqm)" because those are the ones local on every users computer who plays dayz.

But the next part confuses me on how you're setting up and nesting the folders/directories so they call one another. A friend of mine and I have spent a while trying to get your self bloodbag solution and this autofuel script working properly, we've started from scratch with vanilla 1.8 PBOs on HFB with absolutely no success.

My instructions on merging the files are no longer needed. I had written them because 1.8 has changed the mission files so they are minimal and simply call on their counterparts.

However in my post above I have no just provided replacement files (which are already merged, so no need for calls or includes). Just download them and replace the existing files (provided you don't already have scripts installed) in your mission.pbo :)

My instructions on merging the files are no longer needed. I had written them because 1.8 has changed the mission files so they are minimal and simply call on their counterparts.

However in my post above I have no just provided replacement files (which are already merged, so no need for calls or includes). Just download them and replace the existing files (provided you don't already have scripts installed) in your mission.pbo :)

If I take your files and repack them and upload them in place of the default mission pbo I just a black screen wait for host and can't connect. There has got to be something exceedingly simple I'm missing here.

If I take your files and repack them and upload them in place of the default mission pbo I just a black screen wait for host and can't connect. There has got to be something exceedingly simple I'm missing here.

Open your original init.sqf and look for
Code:
dayZ_instance =
If that says anything other than 1, then edit my file to match it.
If that doesn't work, then get back to me.

Open your original init.sqf and look for
Code:
dayZ_instance =
If that says anything other than 1, then edit my file to match it.
If that doesn't work, then get back to me.

yeah they both say one, is the //dayZ_serverName = "UK1337"; // Servername (country code + server number) suppose to be different? that's the same on both of ours

yeah they both say one, is the //dayZ_serverName = "UK1337"; // Servername (country code + server number) suppose to be different? that's the same on both of ours

Woops, sorry it was my mistake. Just noticed I'd added a " where there shouldn't have been one in description.ext haha. This is what I get for doing things when I'm half asleep and not testing properly.

I've checked them and they are working now, updated the file so just download it again and you should be fine. :)

Woops, sorry it was my mistake. Just noticed I'd added a " where there shouldn't have been one in description.ext haha. This is what I get for doing things when I'm half asleep and not testing properly.

I've checked them and they are working now, updated the file so just download it again and you should be fine. :)

the pbo works for getting loaded into the server but no auto refuel working. maybe it's the server host we use, HFB.

the pbo works for getting loaded into the server but no auto refuel working. maybe it's the server host we use, HFB.

No I use HFB too. The files I provided are clean of any scripts. You'll have to add the refuelling in still as per the instructions. I just provided the means to add scripts without having to get the mission files sorted first. :)

No I use HFB too. The files I provided are clean of any scripts. You'll have to add the refuelling in still as per the instructions. I just provided the means to add scripts without having to get the mission files sorted first. :)

OH, alright, thanks man you have the patience of a saint.

So do i replace the current description.sql, init.sqf, and mission.sqm in @dayz\dayz_code\system\mission?

I already have scripts running on my server so I assume that I will either need to test it as it is or move all the calls for the scripts to the newly placed init.sqf file. Which would it be? Of course, I know one way to find out, but thought maybe you could save me a bit of time.

So do i replace the current description.sql, init.sqf, and mission.sqm in @dayz\dayz_code\system\mission?

I already have scripts running on my server so I assume that I will either need to test it as it is or move all the calls for the scripts to the newly placed init.sqf file. Which would it be? Of course, I know one way to find out, but thought maybe you could save me a bit of time.

Don't replace them in dayz_code. These are the files for your mission.pbo because 1.8 cut them down and linked to the full versions in dayz_code. To add scripts you need the full versions in your mission folder, that's what these are for.

If you're not running 1.8 then these files should not be used. If you are running 1.8 and already have custom scripts installed (not sure how) then you will need to add the calls into these new files in your mission folder.

Back