DayZ 2017 and Base Building

zedar

Staff member
Hi there,

i was working 2 days on DayZ 2017 and Base Building i saw this a good part in the History of Dayz2017, 5 years later the survivors need a home to live and survive ;)

Server: dayzf.zedar.com.ar
Port: 2402

IM trying to catch the attention of Daimyo with no luck so far to make this important and working 100%

So this is a test, i want to know what the community think about it indeed the trolls are welcome :D

533496_448464855206902_115863222_n.jpg

EDIT: 02/01/2012
released the complete package:

DayZ2017 + Base Building 1.1 without password gates
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tkn5r0ejv70zdg6

I actually like it in all dayz mods and maps and might be usefull here also. Can't really test it on pwnzor server build so far.

If you need any help please feel free to contact me. I have my own construction script that works similar to Daimyo's but is cleaner and easier to add new buildings or modify requirements. The only major difference is that it is client side; no real need for server side to be honest.

And before anyone says anything, it is NOT a rip off from Daimyo's and was actually created and released prior to his on SurviveDayZ/DayZ+.

Sorry been meaning to reply here.

I really like this idea, but I am concerned that the models used will look out of context to the mod. From what I have seen bases are made from lots of one ton military sandbags and camouflaged watch towers.

If this could be changed to use perhaps old corrugated iron / scrap panels, vehicle wrecks, barbed wire and tarpaulin etc (think fallout 3 megaton style) then it would be a great addition.

Here is an example (note I don't expect we could get this level of detail, but it gives a good impression of what bases would look like):

file.php

i have working this, i will release the file and close dayz 2017 becouse nobody in my community play it and here in argentina the servers are very expensive :(

i end to the conclusion that 99% want a COD with zombies and food, not to survive, not to spend hours in search of food...

the image is so cool, arma2 doesn' have that rusty buildings?

I think you could use a mix of the wreck classes...

UAZWreck.jpg

datsun02Wreck.jpg

Panels:

Fence_corrugated_plate.jpg

Garbage Containers

Garbage_container.jpg

Scaffold

Land_Misc_Scaffolding.jpg

Or even better, find some free models online and get them textured and wrapped up in the needed class definitions so they can be used in game.

I think then you can have something that looks like a fortification put together by survivors, instead of an army with a fleet of heavy lifting vehicles.

Also the panels might be easy to drive through / destroy, but I think we could inherit the base class and overwrite the Armour values (if they have some) to make them indestructible.

I could easily add these to my construction system however I have tried to only use buildings that could be made from different parts. Having wrecked vehicles is easy to implement, just need to add them to the config file, but wouldn't be too realistic if we just made them from scrap metal. Might add that scaffolding soon too. Of course if you wanted no requirements for each building/wreck then that's a simple change.

I am not sure what your system is like Zedar or what it can do but I would like to see it one day.

whats with the idea to get building stuff from wrecks?
not sure but ive heard something about full from vehicles to fill up cans?!

i have building(no wrecks) working without password i will make a package with bliss and update the main post, to make the bases with wrecks its simple as replace the class names

i can do it but i need to know it will be used in some project , otherwise i don't inverst more time in this sorry :D

i have building(no wrecks) working without password i will make a package with bliss and update the main post, to make the bases with wrecks its simple as replace the class names

i can do it but i need to know it will be used in some project , otherwise i don't inverst more time in this sorry :D

But we already have that from the tunngle project don't we?

Also I don't want to say I will include something until we see at least something working first.

Alby, what's your thoughts as you already have something coded?

Its your choice Shin. My own system is currently working in DayZ+ and people seem to love it. I am not sure of the full functionality of Zedar's version of Daimyo's system but the main difference is that his is mission side while mine is client. I also have a few personal issues with how Daimyo's system works which I will tell you in private if you wish.

if we have a better alternative we must continue working in that, of course if alby want to release the complete package :D

what are the future of building in dayz+ alby?

Building will become a large DayZ+ feature. I am always updating it with what people want; adding new buildings for us is rather simple as it is just a couple of config entries and the code handles the rest naturally.

Likewise, I am also happy to chat about it in private with you Zedar if you want the full rundown and maybe we can find a good middle ground and make one great system.

Back