DayZ 2017 Austerror (http://dayz.austerror.com)

Mobscene

198.105.220.164 : 2462

DayZ.ST has finally set up 2017 on their service, and I am in the process of switching my server over.

The server is currently down, but should be up soon(host doing some work).

There will be Whitelisting, which you can apply for at http://dayz.austerror.com
The website also has forums. There is also another non-2017 server which you will have access to by default as they share the same whitelist.

A few changes I have done to the vehicle spawning myself are:

-Removed Tanks from the spawn list
-Added lots of vehicle spawn locations(not more vehicles, just a lot more random locations for possible spawns).
-Placed more pedal bike spawns along the coast to help players get around(if you can find them).
-Limited most vehicle spawns to 1 available at a time. With exceptions for motor bikes and a couple cars which have 2 available at a time.
-Gyrocopter spawns moved to harder to find locations.

Gyrocopters may be removed as well in the future if there are complaints about the noise, as they suffer from a similar problem as Tanks. You can hear them from so far away that it bothers some people to constantly hear them.

Any other suggestions for changes to the server can be posted here or on the Austerror site.

The website, whitelist, anti-hack, and other Austerror server are run by Menthol Brown. I take care of the very basic administration of the server I pay for.

So a special thanks to Menthol for the work he does.

Gyrocopters may be removed as well in the future if there are complaints about the noise, as they suffer from a similar problem as Tanks. You can hear them from so far away that it bothers some people to constantly hear them.

I will fix that for the next releasse. Its not to hard to do.

Good luck with the server!

Just a reminder to all applicants.
To ensure whitelisting, please complete the application properly, including your reason for wanting to join the Austerror DayZ server cluster.
Including your GUID in the application will help expedite the process. The easiest way to obtain your GUID is to join a public server and type "#BECLIENT GUID" (without quotes). If you can not obtain your GUID then you WILL NEED to attempt to join an Austerror server WITH THE TEMP NAME as stated on your application page.
Cheers,
Menthol.

HOw you liking it Aust? I am running it also. I see that you have a decent cround in gotcha on the VPS.

Heya Murdock,
Yeah, 2017 is fairly nice. Haven't had too much of a look-see, just don't really have the time to play.
We had the whitelist turned off for two weeks to try and drum up numbers, but reinstated the whitelist the other day. Struggling to get numbers, but I think that's the same with any other whitelist server (also my application process is a bit of a pain in the ass).
Still processing applicants as they come in, but yeah, numbers aren't really good.
Judging by your signature, I'm guessing you have kind of the same prob (getting numbers). Hope it picks up for the both of us, seems a shame to run an empty server when we're both uber admins running on an excellent server (dayz.st).
Cheers.

Haven't been getting many either, even though it's great server running "harder" 2017 (spawn with nothing, almost no vehicles, veteran, np/dm/ch off, etc.)

I have Whitelisting off though, as i'm on almost all the time (and if i'm not someone is) and can administrate if a "problem" pops up.

Seems like most people are sticking to Shin's server (even though it's mostly riddled with cheaters at the moment, due to lack of administration for obvious reasons) and some other server that's trying to be a COD-esqe 2017 with nothing hard about it at all. (lol spawn with L85 Acog, every tool, etc.)

Well aust, we have 2 servers running, one Cherno, one 2017, Cherno one has 15ish regulars with whitelist, more comming in everyday. DayZ 2017 is catching on, but slow, I have it wide open, normally have about 10 players on weekends, I am adding in abnormal weather right now to it. JUst working out the scripts.txt atm.

Back