DayZ 2017 Update and Going Forwards

shinkicker

Administrator
Staff member
Just a quick update.

Testing is progressing well and we are in a very strong position to go live (both client and server releases) in time for the weekend.

It will be very much a beta, so don't have expectations of a finished article, just yet. This is WIP.

Some of the more glaring known issues which I hope will be fixed in the next release:

* Models don't display backpacks when on bikes.

* Female survivor does not show backpacks (due to being a non Arma 2 OA model).

* New Cars need rvmats (damage textures) / hit points for the wheels and so wheels cannot be blown out for repair as yet (everything else can though).

* There is missing texture image error on start up that players need to 'ok' - but it does not affect game play (this is an Arma issue, but we may have a workaround that can be used).

* Bandit and Hero system will be implemented in the next release. We are going for a different approach here, more will be revealed soon.
* A ton of new artwork and retexturing is planned for the next release, including a possible total Zombie reskin (faces already done), lots of other funky stuff planned too.

Ongoing project direction:

Once we go live I will be making the code repo public for community involvement. Two reasons for this, I have always said anything DayZ should be open as rocket was good enough to let us play with his creation in the first place, so I need to live up to my words there. Secondly there is not enough of me; I have a busy day job, wife, kid and another kid on the way, and I do this as a labour of love, but I can't give it all the time it needs, so I need help :p

There will also be public bug tracking / enhancement feature request system, where anyone can make suggestions and get involved. So if you don't like a certain aspect, then put your energy to good use and make a request or suggest your ideas rather then moan in a forum somewhere.

We now have a core team of four (test lead, art lead, project lead and server lead) to lightly moderate and try to keep things fairly unified and within the ethos of the original concept, but as I say anyone can get involved, and we encourage that.

Another key factor and the reason for pushing out an early release is the standalone and how this will be a game changer when it comes to the life of the mod and its current playerbase. That will also be a key factor in 2017's future life - watch this space is the word here.

I wouldn't mind hosting one either. One of my major reasons is some of these nice custom projects that are coming out and servers are set at a low ping. My current residence only allow for crappy DSL so joining these servers are a pain since I get kicked enough times to not want to play on those servers.

The server I host on is remote and has excellent hardware and network capabilities so this would be awesome if you do allow us access to your work :)

I wouldn't mind hosting one either. One of my major reasons is some of these nice custom projects that are coming out and servers are set at a low ping. My current residence only allow for crappy DSL so joining these servers are a pain since I get kicked enough times to not want to play on those servers.

The server I host on is remote and has excellent hardware and network capabilities so this would be awesome if you do allow us access to your work :)

100% Yes. I would be happy for you to host it. We worked on troubleshooting custom skins together on tunngle, so I owe you one anyway

shinkicker i never ask for nothing in opendayz and im memebr since he beggingin , can i know when the files will be available? sorry for ask my community it's very exited with the idea and we are following this from the beggining

shinkicker i never ask for nothing in opendayz and im memebr since he beggingin , can i know when the files will be available? sorry for ask my community it's very exited with the idea and we are following this from the beggining

We're shooting for open beta release this weekend :)

100% Yes. I would be happy for you to host it. We worked on troubleshooting custom skins together on tunngle, so I owe you one anyway

Hehe didn't want to mention it to make it feel like you owed me :p in any case, AWESOME!

Back