DayZ Base Building 1.3 Discussion

I fixed the issue now I forgot to remove the line in the description.ext that called the description.sqf. As I recall that step wasn't in the installation guide. But what's this about normal players not placing flags if using infiSTAR? I use infiSTAR and would like to have the allowed actions as well.

Has anyone elses screen got a little jumpy when they move around?

How can I set this part to where they only need a toolbox for the menu to show? I have a general idea but don't know the correct way to write it.

Code:
_mags = magazines player;
    if ("ItemTankTrap" in _mags || "ItemSandbag" in _mags || "ItemWire" in _mags || "PartWoodPile" in _mags || "PartGeneric" in _mags || "equip_scrapelectronics" in _mags || "ItemCamoNet" in _mags || "equip_crate" in _mags || "equip_brick" in _mags || "equip_string" in _mags || "equip_duct_tape" in _mags) then {
        hasBuildItem = true;
    } else { hasBuildItem = false;};

Last edited:
I'm attempting this mod as well. Have had to do a decent amount of work getting it working and now my biggest issue happens to be the massive lag when building an item. Smaller items are not that bad, its large ones. Building a castle wall for example. Takes me about 30 seconds to move one step forward and even longer to get my scroll menu up to try place it.

Also yes Sjd6795. I have done this already in my file. Required a toolbox for all items and removed all of those items and replaced it with "ItemToolbox" in _weapons

You also need to add
_weapons = weapons player;

below _mags = magazines player;

This is because toolbox is recognized as a weapon and not as a magazine

Pretty well have everything working now but 1/2 times I try connect it takes about 5 minutes and then I get kicked with a ERROR: Cannot Sync Character N340 as no characterID

Timeout issue???

Yeah now I am having issue after issue. Any chance someone can take a look at my RPT file here and let me know what you think the issue is. Installed on Vanilla Sauerland Epoch. Did a few modifications to the script and it actually god rid of a lot of my initial errors. However now I myself cannot load in, putting every character ID at 0 even in the database it registers at 0. I tried clearing the databases and all but nothing.

RPT to long ot post but the short of the long of it is

I get about 200 lines saying missing files like these
Code:
inventory =     [];
_fuel = [];>
15:08:28   Error Missing ;
15:08:28 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_publishObject.sqf, line 8
15:08:30 ca\misc\piskoviste.p3d: house, config class missing
15:08:30 ca\buildings\tents\astan.p3d: vehicle, config class missing
15:08:30 ca\buildings\tents\stan.p3d: vehicle, config class missing
15:08:30 ca\misc\houpacka.p3d: house, config class missing
15:08:30 ca\buildings\tents\astan.p3d: vehicle, config class missing
15:08:31 ca\misc\piskoviste.p3d: house, config class missing

I also get about 200 more lines of this
Code:
15:09:12 "DEBUG: Too many at [3553.74,3589.4]"

But the biggest error is the fact no one at all can connect because of the character ID = 0 error
Code:
15:09:57 Error in expression <BIS_MPF_ServerPersistentCallsArray = [[any,any,"per","execVM","ca\Modules\Funct>
15:09:57   Error position: <any,any,"per","execVM","ca\Modules\Funct>
15:09:57   Error Undefined variable in expression: any
15:11:26 "get: STRING (170769926), sent: STRING (170769926)"
15:11:26 "DISCONNECT: N340.DT (170769926) Object: B 1-1-A:1 (N340.DT) REMOTE, _characterID: 0 at loc [12548,-5866.6,1.52588e-005]"
15:11:26 "ERROR: Cannot Sync Character N340.DT as no characterID"
15:11:26 Client: Remote object 2:11 not found
15:11:26 Client: Remote object 2:12 not found
15:11:26 Client: Remote object 2:13 not found
15:13:28 "CLEANUP: INITIALIZING CLEANUP SCRIPT"

That's really strange I didn't think this would've messed with any of that. I'm guessing it has to be in the server monitor somewhere. A mod is causing it to happen though. Try removing one of the recent mods you just added in. Also can you explain a bit more I just replacing what you said but the scroll menu doesn't even show up now.

Try fixing these errors and see where that takes you as well.

Code:
15:09:57 Error in expression <BIS_MPF_ServerPersistentCallsArray = [[any,any,"per","execVM","ca\Modules\Funct>
15:09:57   Error position: <any,any,"per","execVM","ca\Modules\Funct>
15:09:57   Error Undefined variable in expression: any

Last edited:
The errors im getting are from trying to implement the mod into a different map other than Cherno. Everything works 100% on cherno but when I change to any other map i get the errors. So at least I know what to look for in fixing my issues.

Here is what mine looks like, not sure why yours is not working.
Code:
_weap = weapons player;
        if ("ItemToolbox" in _weap) then {

Make sure you declare _weap in the declared variables at the top as well. I just pt mine at the end but anywhere would work fine.

The errors im getting are from trying to implement the mod into a different map other than Cherno. Everything works 100% on cherno but when I change to any other map i get the errors. So at least I know what to look for in fixing my issues.

Here is what mine looks like, not sure why yours is not working.
Code:
_weap = weapons player;
        if ("ItemToolbox" in _weap) then {

Make sure you declare _weap in the declared variables at the top as well. I just pt mine at the end but anywhere would work fine.

that doesn't work for me.

Also everything I added this my self bloodbag isn't working even though it's called through 2 different fn_selfactions.

EDIT: None of my custom self actions are working and nothing has been added or changed since adding this. All of the base building stuff is using the provided fn_selfactions with different calls in the init.sqf. Why would this be affecting my custom fn_selfactions?

Last edited:
As I understand, to fix the infiSTAR Antihack issue (normal players can´t place flags, "You are already building."), you have to add actions to the "ALLOWED Actions"-Array in the AHconfig.sqf.

Is this actually working? Can someone confirm,please? Has someone a list of those actions?

All ll see in this thread regarding this issue is "PM me and I´ll tell you". Why not elaborate to the public, so this issue can be solved?

cheers
These are my list of allowed actions from the latest Infistar.

Code:
    DonorSkins,wardrobe,s_player_maintain_area,s_player_maintain_area_preview,BTC_SganciaActionId,BTC_liftActionId,BTC_liftHudId,dayz_myLiftVehicle,s_player_heli_detach,
    dayz_myCursorTarget,s_player_craftZombieBait,s_player_butcher_human,s_player_makeBomb,s_player_zombieShield,s_player_upgrademoto,
    s_player_smeltRecipes,null,churchie_check,churchie_defuse,churchie_rig_veh,player_Cannibalism,s_player_fillfuel210,s_player_knockout,s_player_upgradegyro,ActionMenu,
    manatee_craft_menu,manatee_craft_menu_wea,manatee_craft_menu_sur,manatee_craft_menu_ind,s_player_craftZombieBaitBomb,horror_traders,s_player_takeOwnership,s_siphon,s_player_suicide,
    silver_myCursorTarget,stow_vehicle,menu_Worker2,neutral,menu_RU_Citizen1,menu_RU_Citizen4,menu_TK_CIV_Takistani04_EP1,menu_RU_Villager3,menu_RU_Functionary1,menu_Doctor,
    menu_Dr_Hladik_EP1,menu_Profiteer4,menu_Worker3,menu_Pilot_EP1,menu_RU_Citizen3,menu_CIV_EuroMan02_EP1,menu_Rita_Ensler_EP1,menu_RU_WorkWoman5,menu_RU_WorkWoman1,
    menu_Woodlander1,menu_Woodlander3,menu_Rocker4,menu_CIV_EuroMan01_EP1,Tow_settings_action_heliporter,Tow_settings_action_heliport_larguer,
    Tow_settings_action_deplacer_objet,Tow_settings_action_relacher_objet,Tow_settings_action_selectionner_objet_charge,Tow_settings_action_charger_selection,
    Tow_settings_action_charger_deplace,Tow_settings_action_selectionner_objet_remorque,Tow_settings_action_remorquer_selection,Tow_settings_action_remorquer_deplace,
    Tow_settings_action_detacher,Tow_settings_action_contenu_vehicule,Tow_settings_dlg_CV_titre,Tow_settings_dlg_CV_btn_decharger,Tow_settings_dlg_CV_btn_fermer,
    _heliporteur,s_player_makePLBomb,s_player_stats,s_player_deploybike,s_player_packbike,s_player_deploygyro,s_player_upgradebike,nul,
    s_player_equip_carry,s_player_showname,s_player_showname1,s_player_smeltItems,s_building_snapping,s_player_downgrade_build,
    s_player_debug,s_player_calldog,s_player_speeddog,s_player_movedog,s_player_followdog,s_player_warndog,s_player_barkdog,s_player_trackdog,
    s_player_staydog,s_player_waterdog,s_player_feeddog,s_player_tamedog,s_player_repair_crtl,s_player_towing,
    s_player_fillgen,s_player_maint_build,s_player_fuelauto2,s_player_fuelauto,s_player_information,
    s_player_upgrade_build,s_player_packvault,s_player_unlockvault,s_player_checkGear,
    s_player_lockUnlock_crtl,s_player_deleteBuild,s_player_pzombiesfeed,s_player_pzombiesattack,
    s_player_pzombiesvision,s_player_callzombies,s_player_removeflare,s_player_fishing_veh,
    s_player_forceSave,s_player_fillfuel20,s_player_fillfuel5,s_player_lockvault,s_player_dragbody,
    s_player_packFdp,s_player_otkdv,s_player_isCruse,s_player_cnbb,bis_fnc_halo_action,
    s_player_rest,s_player_flipvehiclelight,s_player_flipvehicleheavy,s_player_1bupd,
    s_halo_action,s_player_smelt_scrapmetal,s_player_grabflare,s_player_fishing,
    s_player_smelt_engineparts,s_player_smelt_fueltank,s_player_smelt_windscreenglass,
    s_player_smelt_mainrotoraryparts,s_player_smelt_wheel,s_player_smelt_jerrycan,s_player_siphonfuel,
    s_player_flipveh,s_player_fillfuel,s_player_dropflare,s_player_butcher,s_player_cook,
    s_player_boil,s_player_fireout,s_player_packtent,s_player_sleep,s_player_studybody,
    NORRN_dropAction,s_player_selfBloodbag,s_clothes,s_player_holderPickup,s_player_gather,
    s_player_recipeMenu,s_player_deleteCamoNet,s_player_netCodeObject,s_player_codeRemoveNet,
    s_player_enterCode,s_player_codeObject,s_player_codeRemove,s_player_disarmBomb,
    unpackRavenAct,disassembleRavenAct,launchRavenAct,strobeRavenResetAct,strobeRavenTestAct,
    batteryLevelCheckRavenAct,batteryRechargeRavenAct,mavBaseStationActionName_00,mavBaseStationActionName_001,
    mavBaseStationActionName_01,mavBaseStationActionName_02,mavBaseStationActionName_03,mavBaseStationActionName_04,
    s_player_dance,s_player_igniteTent,s_player_clothes,s_player_scrollBandage,
    STR_R3F_LOG_action_heliporter,STR_R3F_LOG_action_heliport_larguer,
    STR_R3F_LOG_action_relacher_objet,STR_R3F_LOG_action_deplacer_objet,STR_R3F_LOG_action_remorquer_deplace,
    STR_R3F_LOG_action_selectionner_objet_remorque,STR_R3F_LOG_action_detacher,STR_R3F_LOG_action_charger_deplace,
    STR_R3F_LOG_action_selectionner_objet_charge,STR_R3F_LOG_action_remorquer_selection,STR_R3F_LOG_action_charger_selection,
    STR_R3F_LOG_action_contenu_vehicule,STR_R3F_ARTY_action_ouvrir_dlg_SM
] + s_player_removeActions + s_player_repairActions + r_player_actions + r_player_actions2 + s_player_parts + s_player_combi + s_player_lockunlock)";

Even if we don't have some of these scripts that have these actions would it matter if we use them?
No it doesn't matter, if anything, if you decide to ever add them it will already be there. I haven't added any actions. these are what comes with the new Infistar Antihack.

I may already have it then I'm not sure what version I even have. I'll remove myself from infiSTAR and see if I can create a flag first.

I haven't added any actions. these are what comes with the new Infistar Antihack.

They match my "allowed action", as you mentioned. They are the original ones from the latest infiSTAR.

I´d like to know, has someone even solved this issue und would like to tell us how he did it?!

Well normal players can build a flag or any other object on my server so I'm assuming you had to leave a step out. Also upload your RPT and I'll look for any strange errors.

PS: I did not add any allowed actions.

Well normal players can build a flag or any other object on my server so I'm assuming you had to leave a step out. Also upload your RPT and I'll look for any strange errors.

PS: I did not add any allowed actions.

Thanks for the offer. I disabled BaseBuilding 1.3 a while ago. My RPT-log didn´t show any errors, still people couldn´t build flags, when not registered as infiSTAR-Admins. Maybe I´ll give it another try this weekend...

I've installed it on my 1.0.4.2 Epoch Server but it doesn't work 100%.
Someone has a Tutorial for Epoch 1.0.4.2?
In the Instructions for this i must add
- call build_baseBuilding_arrays; // build BB 1.2 arrays
after
- waitUntil{initialized}; //means all the functions are now defined

but the Problem is.. in the system\server_monitor.sqf for 1.0.4.1 there is no "waitUntil{initialized} "...
What now?

Found a new problem when removing flags and other built objects they are back after a restart. Any solution for this?

Back