DayZ:Factions

I love the idea, I'm excited to try it out. I've been working on setting up a single-player DayZ scenario and this would really help alleviate the boredom. I'm thinking of trying to set up a military force whose goal is to purge everything alive in the affected zone, would this type of behavior be possible with setting up patrol routes? I'm a noob when it comes to map editing.

The issue with AI is that they are basically on the side of the civilian so what happens is when a civilian "agent" spawns there is no side relation attached to the unit because its not a unit, so it gets what ever the class is set to, this sets all zombies to resistance so the only issue is you cant use that side in your missions for anything really.

if you want to use this with DaiZy or DayZSP you should be able to use this mod with those

The magic happens by setting the side relation for units in script instead of the editor:
Code:
//initialize side hq
createCenter east;
createCenter resistance;
//Survivors
WEST setFriend [RESISTANCE,0];
WEST setFriend [EAST,0];
//Bandits
EAST setFriend [RESISTANCE,0];
EAST setFriend [WEST,0];

Basically anything that does not exist when the mission is created needs a "center" or else it wont work properly, thats why we dont have to make one for survivors because they are west, and dayz automatically creates one for civilian.

If you place a unit on the map you dont need to "creatCenter" for that "side"

other than that you set the west-east and west-resistance to enemy and viseversa and your all good to go. as in if you place any npcs down they will recognize each other as enemy, including you.

also you might want to try adding the UPSMON and the DAC to the mission to spawn the npcs.

If your looking for the dayz sp mission i think its called kodabar dayz or Daizy sp

Thanks for the information, I'll look into that. I haven't used kodabar or Daizy, I've been building mine off of pwn0zor's version, but I'll check them out and see if they have some stuff integrated I haven't seen before.

Once again, great work. I have the mod installed and test server is running ok, am going out, will definitely be adding later. I am assuming that I can use createUnit or createUnitArray and assign them to group WEST, is that correct ? I also copied the addiotional class items 2-5 (in class Groups), into my missions.sqm, do I need those ? ta.

This is just the kind of thing I've been looking for, I already have opfpr units on patrol in some of the cities i dropped caches and blufor units that I want to create safe zones for players. (like churches, etc) is it difficult to implement? I see that you mention it is a little more involved.

Ok, I am trying to get this to work on my server but it doesn't seem to be doing anything for me. Here is what I have on my mission. I am using UPS to handle troop movement, as well as troops walking various roads with waypoints. (So I have already added troops to my mission by hand)

I have added the folder dayz_factions to my mission folder as well as set up the init.sqf as stated. When I start my server the ai do not shoot zeds nor do zeds attack the ai. What am I doing wrong?

Also do i need to add @DayZ_Factions to my server? I seen it posted earlier it is for server admins and it hould be placed in the same folder that @DayZ is in.

I did this but do I need to call it somewhere for it to load when the server starts or does the server automatically load @dayz_factions on its own as long as it is in that folder?

I know you said i is a bit more complicated for people who already have units in place, but can someone explain what steps that we need to take if have done this already?

I would like to put this in but I'm having trouble getting started. Namely, I can't unpack the mission file :/. Any advice will be appreciated.

Followed the instructions, the mission file downloads and runs but I get a something went wrong error...I get the feeling that it's a bikey issue? I didn't mod the Server file at all...Is this something that needs to be done?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• dayz_mission.pbo
    45.3 KB · Views: 6
  • dayz_server .pbo
    66.6 KB · Views: 7
I'm using Axemans script because I wanted the following:

AI Bandits (Resistance)
AI Friendlies (West)
AI Snipers (East)

I want the Friendlies to attack both the Bandits and the Snipers, and the Snipers and Bandits to also attack each other on sight (makes for good atmosphere during the quite periods on my server). This all works perfectly now, but I'd like my Friendlies to do what your script does and attack Zeds (all the time, not just when they feel like it).

Any idea how this can be achieved, or how I can use your original script but keep my original idea as above?

My init.sqf (dayz_factions):
Code:
waitUntil{initialized};
//0Day
createCenter EAST;
createCenter RESISTANCE;
//Friendly AI including Players
WEST setFriend [EAST,0];
//BANDITS
EAST setFriend [WEST,0];
EAST setFriend [CIVILIAN,0];//AI Units attack zeds
//SNIPERS
RESISTANCE setFriend [WEST,0];
RESISTANCE setFriend [EAST,0];
RESISTANCE setFriend [CIVILIAN,0];//AI Units attack zeds
And of course I have a seperate unit file for both the friendlies, bandits and snipers :)

My head hurts :)

What do i have to do that the shot at me ?

I walked around in front of theme but they want shot at me even when i shot them ^^.

before i try this, if i implement this on my cherno server it would not require my players to download a mod right? everything is server side? its not like a rMod or anything is it?

hello i have a server and i wand this mod in my server can sombody add me on skype or make a video how to install this and can sombody make pleas a mission file for cherno whit a lot of bandits i wil pay you if you help me

sombody can you pleas give me a mission file whit bandits i cant use the editor
so pleas give me a mission file whit bandits ? can sombody make 1

How can i make the unit more agresif coz they don't shoot anyone or anything!

Grtz...

Nufan

Hello there server owners i made a add-on for my server and i though i might release it in case it helps anyone else.

For anyone that has modded their server and added AI, you probably discovered that your AI don't seem to want to kill Zeds that want to kill you. Currently the only solution is to set the Civilian faction to enemy, this has the side effect of locking you out of the corpses and/or other containers.

This addon changes the side relations for zeds and bandits so that the side attached to the unit is correct to "Resistance" all zombies and "OppFor" for the two bandit units. This will allow any AI added to the game to identify the unit with the correct reaction. Additionally this means that the mission editor does not have to modify the side relations for civilian and therefor the players are not locked out of containers that have no side relations(even though they are all really civ)

Added ZED Faction - All zombies are now found under GUR > ZED in the mission editor
Added Bandit Faction - All bandits are now found under OPP > Bandit in the mission editor

Files: http://opendayz.net/index.php?attachments/dayz_factions-zip.108/
Server key: Yes
Video of demo: http://www.twitch.tv...iri/b/358105298

How to activate, If you have not modified your DayZ mission file in any way then simply Add the following init to your init.sqf:

Code:
if (isServer) then {
hiveInUse = true;
_serverMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf";
_dayzFactions = [] execVM "Dayz_Factions\init.sqf";
};

Copy the following folder included to your mission root:
"Dayz_Factions\init.sqf"

If you have modified the mission, either by placing units on the EAST or RESISTANCE side, then you will need to remove the following "CreateCenter" commands for the respective side.
Code:
waitUntil{initialized};
//0Day
createCenter east;
createCenter resistance;
//Survivors
WEST setFriend [EAST,0];
//Bandits
EAST setFriend [WEST,0];

You do not need the to create the center for a side that you have placed units down on the map for, if your using DAC for example, you do however need to set the side relation if you have not already done so in the mission editor.

Since zed AI is controlled by the player pc and is not tied to faction this does not change the behavior of zeds attacking players, however at this time zeds will not attack the ai that helps you, however they may not need to as the ai in arma is pretty stupid and will get killed when surrounded by zeds that don't act like insurgents.

Naming: this add-on is being called DayZ Factions because that is what is missing period, there is no intention of stealing or coping from DayZ or otherwise.

Disclaimer: i take no responsibility for anything that happens as a result of the use of DayZ_Factions.

Support: Please use this thread for support issues or contact me directly.

Trouble shooting:
Code:
Server wont start:
    Did you put the DayZ_Factions\init.sqf line in your init.sqf file of your dayz mission pbo file?
    Do you already have units from east/resistance on your map?

If you place units from resistance or east then you do not need to "createCenter" on either of those sides, please remove that from the included init file.

AI wont shoot at Zeds:
    Did you join the server with out the mod enabled?
    Did your mission file run the init.sqf
    If your not using the init.sqf file are your side relations set?

Why are bandits east?
    Because they are not your friend
    Because on my server im modding it so that bandit players will be east side

Are player bandits going to be screwed because of this?
    Please test if AI on a player team reacts as if a player bandit is east by default. This needs testing.

Do i need rMod?
    No, This mod only modifys the base class for zeds and the two bandit classes.
    This changes the side the unit is on when spawned as an actor.
"you can not play/edit this mission it something content deleted, Dayz_Factions"?

What is with this "Missing content, DayZ_Factions" about?
    You do not need to include this in the addons of your mission file, that will break stuff.

Backup download if issues with attached file:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0By9zTEuk5q1EZDBWMVdibmdyaDQ/edit

Back