dayZ Illuminant Tower Lighting (Power Generator Option)

Can you try it with the generator requirement set to false to confirm the script works ? The generators need to be in game and in range.

It is the default, so no generator needed. Can you add a screen shot ? If the lights are on there should be 4 of them, the area is fairly well lit.

ok is working fine but need found the good value for the brightness 0.5 is again to height, but now the idea it's a repairable generator, and on / off option, but your script save my life, because, the script "street light" doesn't work on isla duala.

Thank really

Lol. That's not bright enough ? Brightness to 1 is almost sunlight :) looks like they are working to me ?

Go with the default settings to avoid the glare and over brightness. The house lights script should work ok. Street lights require the positions to be mapped out once to create the array of light positions. Street lights are so banned they are not easily accessible in the normal running of the game..

I put everything by default.

regarding the street light I do not quite understand what you mean.

I installed the script, but there is no light in the house.

By cons I of light that appear in the desert.

In terms of Maper, I do not know, it's beyond my skills.

If not for the generator, an idea?
to be able to do on / off

Didn't work, but then again I don't get what you mean by,
"BATTLEYE
I am using my custom scripts.txt, I would make sure that fnc_tower_lights.sqf is filtered out for: createVehicle & deleteVehicle."
Also, by default does this script make it to where the towers are on without a generator? It says false;//Require a Generator.

Battleye is the scripts file. Yes you can set a generator requirement.. is all explained in the first post. Have a read and let me know if you get stuck..

Battleye is the scripts file. Yes you can set a generator requirement.. is all explained in the first post. Have a read and let me know if you get stuck..
I just don't know what you mean by this, "make sure that fnc_tower_lights.sqf is filtered out for: createVehicle & deleteVehicle." Where is this createvehicle and deletevehicle? So I replace that with the fnc_tower file.sqf file?

Normally you will find a file called sxripts.txt in the Battleeye which is in your server config file. For example, mine is in: C:\arma2\dayz_1.chernarus\BattlEye\..

Some hosts restrict access to some files and have different methods to access them. The start of my scripts.txt looks like this:
Code:
1 101000
1 action_crate1
1 actionKeys  !"if (_dikCode in (actionKeys \"GetOver\")) then {"
1 activateAddons
1 addAction !"s_player_holderPickup = _holder addAction [format[(localize \"str_init_take\"),_name]" !"raddActioncode"  !"\"addAction\"," !"= player addAction [format[localize \"str_" !"_action = player addAction [format[(localize \"str_init_take\"),_name]," !"_action = player addAction [format[(localize \"STR_DAYZ_CODE_1\"),_name], \""  !"s_player_grabflare = player addAction [format[localize \"str_actions_medical_15\",_text], \""  !"_action = _vehicle addAction [format[\"Add AMMO to %1\",_weaponName], \""  !"raddActioncode = compile PreprocessFile (BIS_PathMPscriptCommands + 'addAction.sqf')"  !"raddAction = 'addAction'"
1 addBackpack

Find the line with 5 createVehicle at the start (the 5 may be a 1). At the end of this line add
Code:
!"lights\fnc_tower_lights.sqf"
mine is on line #39, yours may be different a line number. Do the same on the line with deleteVehicle..

This should exclude the file from Battleye..

It is: Land_Ind_IlluminantTower

9419048_orig.jpg

I've been using this script for a while to illuminate a base. I decided to write a "light switch" script that would allow players to turn the tower lights on and off.

The script works, and when the switch is turned on, players in the base see the lights come on.

The problem I have is when the switch is turned off. The lights do turn off, but players that are within viewing distance of the lights don't see the change. If the player leaves the area and comes back, they see that the lights are off.

So, even though the lights have been turned off, they are still being rendered on player's clients that are in the tower area when the lights are disabled.

Is there some code that would disable the lights being rendered on a player's client when the tower_lights.sqf script is terminated?

I've run out of ideas :)

setBrightness to 0 or deleteVehicle of the lightpoint are the two ways I have used. Have you got your latest code, will take a look..

Back